Modern Alliances

possibly today based on how hard any merging is...

hmmm... I will have a shot, unfortutely I am going out tonight so can't do work but I will try and devote as much of my week as possible to this tommorrow :p (good old unreliable me :p)

No problem! Hopefully its done by the end of the week so I can continue work on the mod:D

I would probably suggest starting with revolutions since its probably the most complicated. Also for added xml tags, could you add atleast one in the actual xml, and just have it be 0, that way i know where it goes?? Thanks:D

started merging the ones already in the mod :p

alright thanks, if you could update me here and there that would be great, i havent upsated the mod at all so whenever your done just upload the whole mod to a site

im playing my first real game in the mod in a while, and i think revolutions would be really important to add, so i would put that as one of the more important on the list

@ aob, and antipc, or anyone else who wants to take a look. Here is what i have done so far with my Korean war scenario. four civs, US, NK, SK and china. The US has just three cities, which are three bases that they had/have. All of the cities are placed, populations done, and majority of units placed although still got a bit of editing to do. Still need to add buildings to most cities, after those two things are done I think it should be good to go

If either of you wanna work a bit on it tell me so we both dont work on it, there are many other scenarios I want to start

Also, I know Us wasnt really at war with china but it would be next to impossible to have that in the game, so they are at war in the scenario

@ Jamie, look at post above if you havent already

Attachments

• Korean War.rar
    11.5 KB · Views: 52
actually I will be attaching the DLL onto the database on it's own with the python files needed (because there are a few...)

do you want RevDCM then? It might be very difficult

@ dacubz145 i will download 2.5 and then then scenario and have a look but i can see a few things just from what you said: wheres the "UN"? while i know that most of the men where either south korean or USA there was still 40,000 UN troops there aswell as UN planes and ships. i know for a fact there was a british carrier there.

i think USA was at war with china. just because china said it was to protect there borders doesnt mean its not war and USA at the time talking about dropping an atom bomb on the china/korean border to stop the china joining the war does sorta imply that too.
for me china should join the war in october 1950 and/or when US/SK troops cross the 38th parallel if that can be scripted.

sure thing..... i will look into it bt first gotta download 2.5
Alright thanks:D
actually I will be attaching the DLL onto the database on it's own with the python files needed (because there are a few...)

do you want RevDCM then? It might be very difficult
Well DCM is already in there if you have merged the stuff that is already in the mod. I definatly want Revolutions, but there are many places that have them im not sure where you want to get it from. If it is to complicated then its okayyy, im sure a lot of them are a lot simpler to merge

I would suggest trying it in my mod, to make sure it works.
If you add the extra xml tags, shouldnt you add the schemas as well??
@ dacubz145 i will download 2.5 and then then scenario and have a look but i can see a few things just from what you said: wheres the "UN"? while i know that most of the men where either south korean or USA there was still 40,000 UN troops there aswell as UN planes and ships. i know for a fact there was a british carrier there.

i think USA was at war with china. just because china said it was to protect there borders doesnt mean its not war and USA at the time talking about dropping an atom bomb on the china/korean border to stop the china joining the war does sorta imply that too.
for me china should join the war in october 1950 and/or when US/SK troops cross the 38th parallel if that can be scripted.
Well the US provieded 88% of the UN troops, and out the last 12%, UK had like 40% of that. I can probably add another base for the UN, but its hard for the city to actually do anything, but if i can find a un base at the south east point then that would probably work

For china joining war late, I'll have to ask the j

for america being at war with china, i highly doubt we actually were, because we never really attacked main china (although possibly parts by nk, but we definatly never went anywere else). Also beleive it or not, north korea is the only country we are at war with right now. The last war we were in was Vietnam. since 'wars' technically need to be declared by congress, we were never at war in the middle east. And the korean war never ended, we are at a ceasfire, but if nk wanted they could continue the war whenever. and i guarentee you we arent at a ceasefire with china:lol:

Well the US provieded 88% of the UN troops, and out the last 12%, UK had like 40% of that. I can probably add another base for the UN, but its hard for the city to actually do anything, but if i can find a un base at the south east point then that would probably workyou have merged the stuff that is already in the mod. I definatly want Revolutions, but there are many places that have them im not sure where you want to get it from. If it

For china joining war late, I'll have to ask the j

for america being at war with china, i highly doubt we actually were, because we never really attacked main china (although possibly parts by nk, but we definatly never went anywere else). Also beleive it or not, north korea is the only country we are at war with right now. The last war we were in was Vietnam. since 'wars' technically need to be declared by congress, we were never at war in the middle east. And the korean war never ended, we are at a ceasfire, but if nk wanted they could continue the war whenever. and i guarentee you we arent at a ceasefire with china:lol:

cant you add UN as an non playable civ, no cities or anything just the units like you see sometimes on the ww2 scenarios set after france has fallen? i didnt mean you should add UK i was just using that to point out an big miltary assets were UNs and not just USA

well i think you never attacked china in mainland china is because the front line never made it that far after they joined the war but as you said you never signed an ceasefire with china but at the same time you did fight the chinese in NK so you have to have them at war with each other and you did fight china again the next year. USA stopped china from invading taiwan
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Taiwan_Strait_Crisis

cant you add UN as an non playable civ, no cities or anything just the units like you see sometimes on the ww2 scenarios set after france has fallen? i didnt mean you should add UK i was just using that to point out an big miltary assets were UNs and not just USA

well i think you never attacked china in mainland china is because the front line never made it that far after they joined the war but as you said you never signed an ceasefire with china but at the same time you did fight the chinese in NK so you have to have them at war with each other and you did fight china again the next year. USA stopped china from invading taiwan
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Taiwan_Strait_Crisis

the only problems with just units, is similar to china, UN didnt really get to involved untill nk pinned them near Pusan. So just placing units in the begining, wouldnt really do much, explecially if they happen to take a city, all of a sudden uN has a random capital in the middle of korea

we actually did sign a ceasefire, but unlike in civ, that doesnt end the war, just the fighting

the only problems with just units, is similar to china, UN didnt really get to involved untill nk pinned them near Pusan. So just placing units in the begining, wouldnt really do much, explecially if they happen to take a city, all of a sudden uN has a random capital in the middle of korea

we actually did sign a ceasefire, but unlike in civ, that doesnt end the war, just the fighting

what about scriping it so the UN units spawn on a certain date or if just pusan left?

Lets face it, neither of us, and i dought anyone, can make a scenario to make sure that Nk invaides SK, and makes sure Pusan is the last one left, that would be pretty hard.

also span a unit would be pretty hard to do, J said he can't do it, plus from my little knowledge of python, it would take a big tole on gameplay

well, I am actually starting with a plain dll, adding diplomacy, aiautoplay and Dale's Combat first. Should I start with a plain DCM dll (not sure where to get hold of exactly what you wanted)

I provided a link where i requested them all to the most recent dcm, not sure watcha mean with all those DLLs, you can start with a DCM dll whichever one is easier. If you started a plain dll and already added diplomacy, ai autoplay and dales combat, then thats fine, im assuming that is the same as DCM dll and adding diplomacy and ai autoplay

Top Bottom