What's this Top 10% of Civs I hear about?

Careful what you are saying about Celts; don't make me bust out my "Celts are not bottom-tier" rant.

Ctrl+F: Poland not found

Their UA is amongst the best in the game (arguably it is the best in the game).

I'll argue against it. Sure, it is one of the better ones, but to out-right call it best in the game... dunno about that. Simply asking "which UA would you rather have?" while scrolling through the list, and a handful of others easily beat it.

Winged Hussar is definitely an awesome concept, but lancer is garbage and so is upgrade path. Stables and their unique promotion only, at best, bring it up to average usefulness.

China is the only civ I consistently play that is guaranteed not to be complete horsehockyz.

Indeed. A lot of the most powerful UA's or UU's tend to come with other fairly crap traits, but China is one of the few where they are strong all around. Bonus damage, one of the best UU's in the game, free gold on a building that is high priority anyway.

Both China and Arabia (in G&K and BNW) always going to be strong choices.

Sure. For a tiny amount of gold you instantly get a free city with a few citizens, no diplo hit, and a few military units.

Compare that small amount of gold to how much you would need to rush-buy a settler, a couple of pikes and CB's, trireme or two, and any buildings in city when purchased.

Top Bottom