Domination Victory from Venice?

Venice's Unique Ability prevents it from founding or annexing cities, therefore it will not be able to capture an enemy city, let alone a Capital city. Does this mean that Venice will not be able to win a Domination Victory?

Make them puppets.

It can capture cities, it just can't annex them.

Have people not been using Civ5 terms all this time? Why is there so much confusion over the difference between capturing and annexing. Annexing is what happens when you don't puppet or raze.

Where's a mod to close this thread?

Moderator Action: Do not think this is your call. If you wish to see this closed, report the post, do not post in the thread as it could constitute trolling.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Have people not been using Civ5 terms all this time? Why is there so much confusion over the difference between capturing and annexing. Annexing is what happens when you don't puppet or raze.

Gen¡us! Thanks for explaining it.

Now, how do I delete this thread?

Liberating is also not puppeting or razing.... ;)

Venice should be fun for OCC. Even the Merchant of Venice will still have a use - he essentially becomes a super nuke that you send to a hostile City State. (MvV makes the city state a puppet, which means it automatically gets razed in OCC). :lol:

Liberating is also not puppeting or razing.... ;)

Venice should be fun for OCC. Even the Merchant of Venice will still have a use - he essentially becomes a super nuke that you send to a hostile City State. (MvV makes the city state a puppet, which means it automatically gets razed in OCC). :lol:

This likely wont be possible considering the circumstance, a merchant in reality could not simply put a city to the torch.

If :c5gold:=:c5production: for Venice, it certainly will be a lot harder. To capture cities, you need a military. For Venice to get a military, it needs gold. For Venice to get gold, it needs civilizations as trading partners, as the city-states don't provide as much gold. If it takes civilizations, that's less trading partners, so it has to rely on city-states, which it has presumably taken over. I would say that it's definitely possible, with the taken cities on gold focus, but incredibly difficult without backstabbing and probably not worth it. Scientific Victory would be the victory that I would regard near impossible.

But you already build most your units in your capital anyway, no ? I know I do.

That is written assuming a normal game, not a OCC. To be completely accurate, you must capture and control or raze all opposing capitals.

Top Bottom