Stoping auto patches

jddods

Prince
I have had my game open since Sunday, so I don't think the patch updates until you restart Civ right?

I recall someone saying last year there was a setting in Steam which meant you could manually control patches. Looked on steam couldn't find it and couldn't find the post here.

I don't want to go offline as I am trying to knock off a few achievements before BNW and progress the crawl to getting God is Great.

One of the reported bugs achievements aren't working post patch.

Can anyone direct me to the stop auto patching setting otherwise I'll just keep Civ 5 running to I read that the bugs are now fixed.
cheers
JD

Go into your Steam account.
Right Click on Civ 5 in the Library Tag.
Select Properties.
Click on Updates, and from the dropdown menu select "Do not automatically update this game".

Go into your Steam account.
Right Click on Civ 5 in the Library Tag.
Select Properties.
Click on Updates, and from the dropdown menu select "Do not automatically update this game".

Thanks for this.
When I looked I had already done this, obviously way back when.
So what does silly silly me do?
Promptly exited the game and restarted, so I could check on how many temples I'd built.

And of course nice Mr Steam gave me the patch (and the bugs).
I was more than happy to wait to the 12th when BNW came out, I realise many players are loving the patch, thats good for them.

Anyhow thanks for your quick responce and for me curiosity killed the achievements.

JD.

I don't mind patches but I really wish we could choose when to get them

Top Bottom