Game of Thrones

Hello,

I've discovered this mod yesterday and successfully started my first game and played several hours without any issue (and really enjoyed it, great mod !!!)... until turn 175. Whatever I do, my game crashs. Even if I take a slightly older save, it continues to crash at turn 175.
Concretly it happens just after I succeeded to take King's Landing (but probably I won't be able to keep it cause lots of reinforcements are coming from the south), but I've tried to take an older save, and NOT to attack this kingdom at all, and the game crash anyway so it's probably something else.

The crash details are :APPCRASH
Application name : CivilizationV.exe
Application version : 1.0.1.674
Modeul name : cvgamecore_expansion1.dll
Module version : 3.0.3.0
And I'm one Windows 7 64 bits.

I've tried with DirectX9 or DirectX 11 and it's the same.

Would you have an idea of what can be wrong ? :confused:

One more detail : I've played hundreds of hours with Civ5 without any crash, so I would think the issue is more likely in the MOD (or the MODS in general cause this one is my first one and may be I would have the same issue with any other mod), but I must admit that I've never played on a so huge map so it may be related to this size or to the huge number of units on it.

Well, I've updated to version 1.0.2.44 ... but I still have the same issue. :cry:

I've got to notice that the APPCRASH version has evolved but the CvGameCore_Expansion1.dll is still 3.0.3.0 so the update seems not to have changed this dll which cause the crash.

That's so frustrating because I guess if I start a new game, I'll probably, after several hours of game, get this crash again.

Well, I'm going to try to start from an older save than the ones I tried... just in case. If I find a solution I'll let you know in order to help other players who would have this kind of issue too.

Well, I've updated to version 1.0.2.44 ...

Which is significantly out of date, as the latest (stable) version is 1.0.3.80 (there is a beta on Steam you can subscribe to which is 1.0.3.128)

Steam/AppStore should auto-update your game to at least that version if you're online.

So here you can download the latest Vanilla version I have made. You'll probably still need to manually copy over the map to your maps directory.
A Game of Thrones (v 1)

Would you have another link to get this vanilla version (which seems to be your more recent version) because the link given doesn't work anymore.
Thanks in advance

(update) Sorry, I was confused : The link above is not an update for "A civ of Ice and Fire" made by Kwadjh but another MOD.
I don't think I can delete my message so just forget about it : I wanted to be sure I was using the latest version of "A civ of Ice and Fire".

Which is significantly out of date, as the latest (stable) version is 1.0.3.80 (there is a beta on Steam you can subscribe to which is 1.0.3.128)

Steam/AppStore should auto-update your game to at least that version if you're online.

Thanks ! After having upgraded to version 1.0.3.80 the crash dissapear ! :goodjob:

this is dead too? sad sad sad, all the ASoIaF mods do die quickly around here ...
does any1 still have these files and could upload them somewhere? all links are dead ;(
would eventually try to dev this further if i could get my hands on the files ...

regards

Hahn

Well, I consider to work again on the mod since I change my PC and Civ5 / SDK are working again. Most of the mod is however broken and there is a LOT of work to rebuild & upgrade the mod.

A lot of things change since the first release, G&K and BNW really improved the possibilities.

There is different step in mod building:
- The first job is to rethink about a complete new techtree and what buildings, units, wonders have to be include in the mod (And what they do). The best is initially only choose functions that already exist.
- The second is to mod it.
- The last is to create scenario.

We are again at the first step and this is a very time consuming part. Maybe we can organize a little bit the task and see how the community is willing to help the reborn of the mod. Else it will be very slow !! :)

The idea is to have as much technologies, units, buildings, ressources that in the main game, except that we don't want any modern one.

First list Technology:
Technology; X&Y; Cost; World wonders; Buildings; Units; Projects; Terrain improvement; rule change; Era; Former dependant technologies

List Buildings :
Name; Necessary technologies; effect; description. (at the beginning only effect that are already available)

List Units :
Name; Necessary technologies; Type (ranged, etc.); Cost; Power (contact/ranged); Upgrade; Move; Promotions; Description; Visual aspect (A lot are available in the extension & created by skilled artist moder)

List World wonders :
Name; Effect; Description

List of Era :
Withdrawing of era create a lot of errors, it would be much easier if we kept the same numbers... I haven't think about it yet.

Then will come religion and social policy...
As you see, there is plenty of things to do !! :)

Excuse in advance my poor english.
Kwadjh

Well, I consider to work again on the mod since I change my PC and Civ5 / SDK are working again. Most of the mod is however broken and there is a LOT of work to rebuild & upgrade the mod.

A lot of things change since the first release, G&K and BNW really improved the possibilities.

There is different step in mod building:
- The first job is to rethink about a complete new techtree and what buildings, units, wonders have to be include in the mod (And what they do). The best is initially only choose functions that already exist.
- The second is to mod it.
- The last is to create scenario.

We are again at the first step and this is a very time consuming part. Maybe we can organize a little bit the task and see how the community is willing to help the reborn of the mod. Else it will be very slow !! :)

The idea is to have as much technologies, units, buildings, ressources that in the main game, except that we don't want any modern one.

First list Technology:
Technology; X&Y; Cost; World wonders; Buildings; Units; Projects; Terrain improvement; rule change; Era; Former dependant technologies

List Buildings :
Name; Necessary technologies; effect; description. (at the beginning only effect that are already available)

List Units :
Name; Necessary technologies; Type (ranged, etc.); Cost; Power (contact/ranged); Upgrade; Move; Promotions; Description; Visual aspect (A lot are available in the extension & created by skilled artist moder)

List World wonders :
Name; Effect; Description

List of Era :
Withdrawing of era create a lot of errors, it would be much easier if we kept the same numbers... I haven't think about it yet.

Then will come religion and social policy...
As you see, there is plenty of things to do !! :)

Excuse in advance my poor english.
Kwadjh

Nice to hear you are back :)

dont have much time on my hands and i am not really a modder myself, but i might come up with something next weekend ...

cheers

Hahn

Top Bottom