New Q&A

The "For example" part leads me to think there will be more too. I don't get why they keep mentioning India and Arabia. We already know those.

Perhaps those are the ones cleared for consumption,

Devs/marketers might want to keep other changes under wraps (because they might not help the hype enough)

Funny and frustrating how she read Germany on the question and refuse to mention it on the answer

It's possible that there is a change that want to keep secret. As soon as I read the last portion of the Q&A I couldn't help but think that they intentionally aren't answering this Germany question since they want some things to be a surprise. We can only hope that's their intention because at this point they should be saying no to questions like that if they aren't any changes.

Some people may not have known those, and the Q&A provides an easy form for getting it out clearly.

The changes to the UA's were revealed in the Live Stream hosted by the 2k team, they also revelaed Statue of Liberty's abilities yet they repeated the info here as well.

Who cares? In just a little over a week I'm playing as New France so who gives a fudge :D

My understanding is that in the modern era of downloads and release day patches, they often DO make tweaks right up to the very end. But I'm not connected to the industry, this is just something a friend in the industry said. And he could have been pulling my leg.

It's possible that there is a change that want to keep secret. As soon as I read the last portion of the Q&A I couldn't help but think that they intentionally aren't answering this Germany question since they want some things to be a surprise. We can only hope that's their intention because at this point they should be saying no to questions like that if they aren't any changes.

If they let out that Germany has a minor change or no change pre-release, everyone'll say how it's not enough.

If they wait until there's a game for everyone to play before the news hits, no one'll have the time/care, since they'll all be playing the game.

Since we already know Germany's not getting a major overhaul (so no expectations there), there's no reason for 2k to release the minor change / no change now.

Good to see they dodged the Multiplayer AI question. Guessing that means it still sucks.

Not much new information there, but nice to see that they still leave the door for a future expansion open!

The changes to the UA's were revealed in the Live Stream hosted by the 2k team, they also revelaed Statue of Liberty's abilities yet they repeated the info here as well.

Who cares? In just a little over a week I'm playing as New France so who gives a fudge :D

I didn't know we've seen the Statue of Liberty's abilities. Are they still the same?

A few minor observations:

-The question about changes to existing civs specifically referenced Germany, and the answer only told us what we already knew about Arabia and India with no reference to Germany at all. Is that because they didn't want to tell us about the changes to Germany? Or because Germany didn't change so they didn't consider it relevant to the question? Would they have made a point of saying "Germany has not been changed"? Ambiguity!

-I don't like that there's no way, short of going to war, to stop another civ's trade route from getting to you. That's ahistorical; countries can and do refuse trade, and there should always be the option to go isolationist. The benefits (reduce external religious and cultural pressure) and drawbacks (less gold) would make it an "interesting decision", in Sid Meier's terms.

-It seems like "Will there be more Civ V after BNW" is a wasted question. It keeps getting asked, and the answer continues to be, "Dunno". Why bother?

If they let out that Germany has a minor change or no change pre-release, everyone'll say how it's not enough.

If they wait until there's a game for everyone to play before the news hits, no one'll have the time/care, since they'll all be playing the game.

Since we already know Germany's not getting a major overhaul (so no expectations there), there's no reason for 2k to release the minor change / no change now.

It is strange that they chose the question that mentioned Germany and didn't address it at all though. Based on your logic they should have chosen one of the countless other very similar questions that would have allowed them to wax on about Arabia and the little derpy Indian change without having Germany cone into the mix. I hope this lends itself towards them getting a minor tweak like England or even India,especially with that last bit of mystery at the end of the Q&A

While I thank the developers for their time answering these questions they already confirmed Arabia and India. We need new Civ changes confirmed. Either the other few are too subtle or they don't want to discuss it.

It is strange that they chose the question that mentioned Germany and didn't address it at all though. Based on your logic they should have chosen one of the countless other very similar questions that would have allowed them to wax on about Arabia and the little derpy Indian change without having Germany cone into the mix. I hope this lends itself towards them getting a minor tweak like England or even India,especially with that last bit of mystery at the end of the Q&A

Fair enough then, I'm convinced now that this is a hint that Germany's getting a minor tweak.

I don't like that there's no way, short of going to war, to stop another civ's trade route from getting to you.

It would probably be most logical to have international trade routes require open borders. That way you could only trade with another civ by mutual consent.

Of course, if the AI remains as fickle diplomatically as it has in the past, that would jeopardize the financial security of trade-based nations. "You did something we don't like? DENOUNCED! Open borders cancelled! No more trade for you!" At least this way the AI can't shut you off from trading either.

agreed! Something seems a bit fishy.
"So what about Germany?"
"India and Arabia have changes...."
"um...thanks."

agreed! Something seems a bit fishy.
"So what about Germany?"
"India and Arabia have changes...."
"um...thanks."

The question, meaning the sentence ending in a question mark, didn't ask about Germany. I'm guessing they didn't want to answer "no" to a bunch of questions, so they just addressed what would be changed.

[/QUOTE]The question, meaning the sentence ending in a question mark, didn't ask about Germany. I'm guessing they didn't want to answer "no" to a bunch of questions, so they just addressed what would be changed.[/QUOTE]

I am sure you are right. Technically, the question part of the opening, er "question" does not mention Germany specifically, the next line does. Semantics on that. I know I am one of the many who were hoping for other civs to get tweaks. We are certainly grasping at straws. If I followed my head, they have told you all there is. If I follow my heart, then this is the clue to show that they want to leave something that would make many people rejoice and still surprise them.

-The question about changes to existing civs specifically referenced Germany, and the answer only told us what we already knew about Arabia and India with no reference to Germany at all. Is that because they didn't want to tell us about the changes to Germany? Or because Germany didn't change so they didn't consider it relevant to the question? Would they have made a point of saying "Germany has not been changed"? Ambiguity!

I agree. It's nice to get new information, but it would be nicer if the questioner got an answer to the actual question he/she asked. I noticed they did the same thing in regards to the multiplayer question where the questioner specifically asked if the AI will be able to approach players (it can't now).

Seriously, 2K, it's okay to say, "In regards to your specific question, we didn't make a change there." Obliviously avoiding the question will just incur the frustration like Loaf, myself and other posters are venting.

Top Bottom