Feitoria

Ll1442

Chieftain
The portugese UI Feitoria which can be build with Navigation, appears a bit late. by then I think most City states have already improved the tiles, and as such I fear the there will be no room for the Feitoria.

The portugese UI Feitoria which can be build with Navigation, appears a bit late. by then I think most City states have already improved the tiles, and as such I fear the there will be no room for the Feitoria.

I share your fears. Because of that, I asked MadDjinn it during his Beyond the Monument Show, and he answered! He said the Feitoria can be put on top of resources, if I remember it correctly, so I guess he misunderstood my question :/

The Feitoria does seem to have a ton of requirements - it has to be in a City-State, it has to be coastal (maybe? I never saw an inland one), it has to be in a free spot (maybe?), and in the end you cannot even trade the copy you get, so getting two copies when allied is completely useless, only serving as a buffer in case someone coups it or something...

The fact that none of this is mentioned in the tool-tip doesn't help either... The optimistic in me thinks that because it is not in the tool-tip, it means it is not true, but then the screenshots seem to talk differently.. :sad:

The Feitoria does seem to have a ton of requirements - it has to be in a City-State, it has to be coastal (maybe? I never saw an inland one), it has to be in a free spot (maybe?), and in the end you cannot even trade the copy you get, so getting two copies when allied is completely useless, only serving as a buffer in case someone coups it or something...

The fact that none of this is mentioned in the tool-tip doesn't help either... The optimistic in me thinks that because it is not in the tool-tip, it means it is not true, but then the screenshots seem to talk differently.. :sad:

Even if someone coups it, you'd still have one. The second one is completely useless if MD's description in his video is accurate. They probably just removed the extra one from the game and it just hasn't been shown yet. Or MD misspoke.

Even if someone coups it, you'd still have one. The second one is completely useless if MD's description in his video is accurate. They probably just removed the extra one from the game and it just hasn't been shown yet. Or MD misspoke.

No mispeak there.

You cannot trade the Feitoria based luxuries, just like you can't trade CS gifted luxuries. The best use of the improvement then, is to plant it in CSs that someone else is allied with, as long as you need the luxury resource. Or basically anywhere that you want a copy of the luxuries from. Also keeping in mind that this is a nice way to get double luxuries from a mercantile CS.

The Feitoria will still work in case of a coup. Which means it'll serve as a buffer if you lose your allied status with a CS but having a second copy from a Feitoria from a different CS doesn't seem to matter too much as you can't trade those resources.

If you're quick about it I don't think that finding an empty tile will be a problem. I can't imagine that CSs will have managed to improve every tile within their borders by the time that you reach Navigation as Portugal, which you're likely beelining to anyway.

However, even if every tile is improved then all you have to do is make sure that no one is allied with them, DOW and clear a path to the tile you want, grab workers etc, pillage the appropriate tiles and drop a worker in there. Then peace out and carry on.

Would it not be possible to pillage the CS improvments to be able to build the Feitora?

The Feitoria will still work in case of a coup. Which means it'll serve as a buffer if you lose your allied status with a CS but having a second copy from a Feitoria from a different CS doesn't seem to matter too much as you can't trade those resources.
That's kinda exactly what I said! :p It still has one use if allied with the city-state, but it's value is severely diminished.

If you're quick about it I don't think that finding an empty tile will be a problem. I can't imagine that CSs will have managed to improve every tile within their borders by the time that you reach Navigation as Portugal, which you're likely beelining to anyway.
Having it need to be on a coast won't help though - the number on tiles you can build a Feitoria on is already really small if that's the case (as the City-State will need to border the coast), and then you need to get lucky enough so that the city-State didn't improve the few coastal tiles it has! MadDjinn's game did have a good amount of Feitorias, but he was playing on an archipelago - change it to Continents, and the number of landlocked (or with very few coastal tiles) City-States skyrockets. If both are necessary, then the number of possible tiles you can build a Feitoria feels incredibly low, along side the number of city-States you can use them on.

However, even if every tile is improved then all you have to do is make sure that no one is allied with them, DOW and clear a path to the tile you want, grab workers etc, pillage the appropriate tiles and drop a worker in there. Then peace out and carry on.

Would it not be possible to pillage the CS improvments to be able to build the Feitora?

Pillaging doesn't remove the improvement from the tile, however - it just, well, pillages it, and then a worker has to repair it (and not build it again), so I don't think this would work.

So, is there any point to having the bonus copy of the resource?

To me, the Feitoria is used so that you don't need to spend resources becoming allies with city-states for their luxuries. So unless you have another reason to become allies, you can now spend your time and gold on other, more important things.

No mispeak there.

You cannot trade the Feitoria based luxuries, just like you can't trade CS gifted luxuries. The best use of the improvement then, is to plant it in CSs that someone else is allied with, as long as you need the luxury resource. Or basically anywhere that you want a copy of the luxuries from. Also keeping in mind that this is a nice way to get double luxuries from a mercantile CS.

If you can't trade them, what is the benefit of getting double luxuries from mercantile CS? Also, can you confirm if the Feitoria might be built on top of CS improvements such as farms and mines?

To me, the Feitoria is used so that you don't need to spend resources becoming allies with city-states for their luxuries. So unless you have another reason to become allies, you can now spend your time and gold on other, more important things.

Exactly.
... and if a City-State has a quest for a specific resource, just send the worker to build a feitoria at the other City-State that has that luxury. Boom allied! However, protecting your workers crossing land and ocean from barbs and rivals is another matter...

by double I meant the 'special' luxury that a mercantile CS only gives it's ally and the normal one that all CS get.

The fetoria doesn't get the special luxury?

The fetoria doesn't get the special luxury?

I think he means the Jewelry and Porcelain resources - those are only available in Mercantile City-States, but they ARE luxury resources, so you can get them if you plant a Feitoria in one. The only other way of having access to them is to ally said City-State.

This reminds me - City-State captures Indonesian city with Nutmeg, can the Feitoria get said Nutmeg too? Incredibly low chance of this happening, buuut... strange things happen...

Top Bottom