Cities without health???

What? But AI... can't be trusted on this matter. You could just wait with a Scout/Horseman two tiles away from their capital, wait until no one's inside and take it. If they didn't get another city yet, you just eliminated a civilization.

Well, the AI managed this well enough in Civ IV. And in this game it's simpler, because you can have only one unit in the city. So they can tell the AI to keep one unit in every city no matter what... Actually, from playing the patched game yesterday, it seems to me that in G&K the AI already keeps a unit in their capital from early on.

Note that I haven't made a scientific study, it was just one occurrence.

What? But AI... can't be trusted on this matter. You could just wait with a Scout/Horseman two tiles away from their capital, wait until no one's inside and take it. If they didn't get another city yet, you just eliminated a civilization.

But I doubt it. I think the devs would've mentioned such a huge change.

Well if it is defensive building OR a unit, then it might be worthwhile.

(also, the Palace may count as a defensive building)

I think that MaDjinn's video is the source, actually. I only read the thread, not watched the film, so I can't guarantee anything, but I think that's where the information popped up. And his comment suggests it's true :).

His comment to me suggested it was false and I don't recall anything from the video to suggest this (I watched it live). And, as pointed out after this post, the XML files suggest this isn't true.

Dang, I would have definitely enjoyed that big a game changer. It seems silly that you can plunk down a tiny little settlement that is somehow capable of holding off moderately sized armies. This would mean that wars are settled on the battlefield, not around sieges, speeding up the course of war while making big siege battles a big deal rather than a chore.

I just wonder where did you guys even had the impression that the city didn't have HP in MadDjinn video.

I just wonder where did you guys even had the impression that the city didn't have HP in MadDjinn video.

QC's speculated it was from the stream. But it's impossible for MD's video to be the source because the post was at 5:03 eastern, at which point MD hadn't even started the stream.

Top Bottom