[WW2] Scenario 1939

Hi all ( 1st post on this forum)

1st of all i would like to say that i like this mod very much and congratulations to the
creators.
I played the scenario with poland and have few sugestions. Some could already been written

*waffen ss troops are a mistake true they were part of the offensive but they didnt have Mp 40 ( prototype 1940)
*german tanks aren't well numbered you used almost only pz 38t but the real situation looked like this (btw german tanks in the begining are overpowerd)
Pz 35t;200took part;armor 8-25mm;37mm cannon and one 7.92 mg
Pz 38t;98tp;armor 10-25mm;weapons same as up
pz I;1242tp 46%;armor6-13mm;2x7.92mg
pz II; 1223tp;armor 15-35mm;20mm cannon and one 7.92mg
pz III;98tp;armor21-30mm;37mm and one 7.92 mg

polish tanks in the game are vickers mk (23 "power"), Renault ft17 (18"power") and 7tp(25 "power") but forgeting about the wrong "power" lvl poland had many better tanks that if in bigger numbers(equal as german) would probably stop the german panzer div
Renault ft17;120tp;armor5-16mm;37mmcannon and one 8mm mg
7tp; 132tp;armor 5-17mm;37mm cannon in most models also one 7.92 mg
vickers;38 tp;armor5-13;47mmcannon and one 7.92 mg
renault 35; 100tp;armor 14-40mm;37mmcannon and one 7.92mg
h-35;3tp :p ;armor 12-40mm;37mmcannon and one 7.92 mg
Tk 3;400tp;armor 3-10mm;20mmcannon and one 7.92 mg

all of this are just suggestions and its not an important problem
good luck with the mod

@ Alerion - i need more 3D modellers - the number of units makes it that new version of mod take times (the modellers are needed for almost all mods - for sure they're very rare)

Adding Pz 1 and Pz 3 would be possible if i wuopuld have this models.

@asioasioasio
I mean that the creator of the map should replace the pz 38t with panzerII wich the mods already has same with poland replacing the mark A tank with renault 35 or 17 would make playing poland much funner and more historical
About the ss unit with mp 40 i think it would be better to replace them with inflantry lvl2 or 1 because ss units were elite and rare not so common like at the polish front in this map
The other tanks i only added in that list to give the proportion between good german/slovakian(how is it spelled?)like panzer 3 or 38t and tanks like pz I and pzII wich were hopless constructions i didnt mean you should add them to the mod
I can try to help to by making some units like pz 1 and 3 but i dont know what program is the best (or rather what program has the most abilities(options)).

Edit: I would forget congratulations to the creator of this map for his excelent work

i'm not sure if poland has renault 35, but yes you're right - some diversity of tanks might be needed :) and obviously germany should have less 38t as they was produced after taking Czechoslovakia (and was better construktion than pz1 and pz 2).

I think all elite units - for now theres only:
French Foreign Legion
Waffen SS
but i plan to add the elite unit for every mayor country - forces that were heroic, well skilled, brave, well equiped etc (for britain - SAS, for Australia - Desert Rats, etc.)
As they elite and are stronger than ordinary infantry they need to be limited - like monks in civ4 - you can build only three. So elite infantry could be builded for example in number of five.

For making units (new models - mostly for mechanical units like tanks) good program is 3dsmax of freeware Blender - both needs plugins
or nifviewer/nifskope / for example gimp - used usually for making new infantry units

There's huge section of tutorial on cfc - if you want to make something of this i may help you with that :)

@JediPimp - yes we have nice collection of models for german infantry - they'll be in next update for sure

1.Poland had 50 renault 35 (earlyer i told 100 i misunderstood the info they had 50 of them. There were 100 tanks ordered in 1938 from france but the other 50 were going to be sent later in november because the fall of poland they were sent to tunesia)

2.desert rats for australia?
The 8 army fighting in africa was made from many devisions from the commonwealth and other countries fighting on the allied side here's the list

Australian I Corps (Australian 6th, 7th, and 9th Infantry Divisions), British V Corps, British X Corps, British XIII Corps, British XXX Corps, British 7th Armoured Division ("The Desert Rats"), British 51st (Highland) Division, New Zealand 2nd Division and Polish II Corps.

so the desert rats should be included for only GB or for Australia/GB/New Zealand(is it included in australia?) and Poland

3.thx for the program

This is an awesome mod!

A couple of things:

I was playing on Deity with Germany and I was able to take the Soviets out without to much trouble. Is there a way to pump of the AI behavior?

Also, have you thought of making an event script? The absence of bona fide teams in the scenario seems to contribute to the AI not responding well to attack.

As for the mod itself, excellent job guys!

Thank you :)

Lazy AI is problem we try to solve :) - I hope it would perform better with next update (tough it's hard to say how much it will work better -
the mod scatter right now).

About other nations :) The new update would add 36 new nations :) I hope i'll finish making graphics for them this week.

i dont know if anyone else has said this yet, but there are roads in the water...

Overall it seems this map was lazily made, but the mod is pretty good.

Top Bottom