5 Star series fans?

jefmart1

Prince
I'm betting you guys were big fans of the five star series by SSI, Panzer General etc?

Most of the units and some of the map design looks like it is straight out of the Panzer General games along with some promotions. If you haven't played those games, you may want to find them and "raid" them for models and unit types. Pacific General could be very helpful for the in depth Japanese units.

Panzer General
Allied General
Pacific General
Panzer General 2
Panzer General 3D

i didn't played it and didn't have it :) But my friend was great fan of this series - he lost countles hours on it :) I just tasted a little bit Panzer General 3D. But i'm great fan of Hearts of Iron I and II - it's probably why this mod has so much units / techs and concentrates everything around WW2 times.

From WW2 games i love Blitzkrieg I - i spended many hours on the campaigns :)
and recently Company of Heroes - great game (tough singleplayer campaign is too short) and nicely produced - distributor put game in boxes for browning heavy machine gun ammunition :).

I have also Call of Duty I and II - greatest ww2 fps (what a pitty that they released CoD III only on consoles :()

I'm not sure if it would be possible to convert models from for eexample Panzer General 3D or any other game. I noticed that Operation Flashpoints' ww2 modifications has models of units that can be imported to game after some work. But they useles - to heavy (number of poligons is around 4000-7000, where for civ4 is optimal to have it under 1000).

I'm urgently waiting for Theatre Of War - it lacks beauty (in comparison with for example Company of Heroes), but number of campaigns (even campaign with Poland :)), the number of units (around 300), and number of options (i hope they won't make it to much complicated or borring or even annoying) and cheap price makes this product worthy to buy. :)

Top Bottom