10 Cosmetic Improvements Screaming to be Implemented

Blicero

Warlord
So there may well end up being more than 10, and not all of these are purely cosmetic as I recognize that a few (with asterisks) alter game play slightly. But here is what keeps me up at night (after I quit playing at 3am). Feel free to add:

1) Shortcut keys for all possible utility screens
2)* Humans should have same diplo options as AI
- ie you see that massive army from Alex on your borders. Why can't you tell him to fish or cut bait on declaring war just like he will to you - and therefore not suffer an undeserved warmonger penalty​
3) Need...combat...log...
4) Cycle to nearest unit to avoid jumping halfway across the world when you're trying to organize a group of units
5) Get rid of non-sensical counter proposals on trades
- ie Nappy's got 1000 gold and you are trying to find out where he'll buy 2 horses. Instead of countering with all sorts of undesirable junk, implement an option to keep it in terms of cash. Saves tedious clicking / typing.​
6)* Implement ability to prioritize a tile for the next border growth
7) Notify when a city's borders have grown
8) Add ability for the player to create notes to self / reminders that trigger on a turn in the future
9) IN-GAME CLOCK PLEASE :scan:
10)* Have the end-game charts available during the game

THE NEXT 10...

11) Go straight to the civ dialogue screen by clicking on the leaders name in the mini-scoreboard
12) Key mapping screen (at a minimum a list of the default keys!)
13) Add "View City" to list of options when taking over a previously conquered city (from a CS or other civ you are not at war with)
14) Allow the diplo screens while in a dialogue with a civ
15) More info and freedom everywhere

And a final note: The Civilopedia is actually horrid in its usefulness. Would be great to actually include all game concepts and not just 70% of them. The best way to do this would be a wiki like system where the user community can add / update. For example, I want to know how many tiles a religion can reach away from a city. Good luck using the Civilopedia to find out. Hyperlinks to other topics would also be useful.

What I would really really like is access to information while I'm in a diplo screen; look at the other person's relations, both of our trade deals, et. al.

3) Need...combat...log...

What's a combat log?

EDIT: Also, I would love if #5 were implemented. I hate having to unselect all those horse resources every time I propose a trade. Gold should definitely be the default choice, only supplementing resources when there is not enough gold or when you manually select them (with the gold that they would have traded being automatically reduced to accommodate the new deal.)

I'd like #2 the most. I want to tell some leaders to back off religion wise, or ask for forgiveness after my spy is caught.

A cosmetic change I would like to see is the ability to modify tiles and have the map update those changes. I'd like to be able to change mountains to hills, re-route rivers, create lakes, and reclaim ocean for land.

A cosmetic change I would like to see is the ability to modify tiles and have the map update those changes. I'd like to be able to change mountains to hills, re-route rivers, create lakes, and reclaim ocean for land.

InGameEditor mod

One of my biggest annoyances occurs when I play in a team. If my teammate is in combat the screen automatically directs to it. If I am trying to move a unit at the time, I often end up accidentally clicking next to my teammate's combat and the turn is wasted. So I'd like to be able to turn this off or have an undo button. I'd REALLY like an undo button.

Ok, have updated with some of these plus a few more. Come on, BNW devs, it's not too late to get these in...

Also, a combat log is a record of all combat damage by turn that you can go back and read. It currently splashes on the screen as the turn turns over, but quickly disappears into the ether taking all of its useful info with it.

One of my biggest annoyances occurs when I play in a team. If my teammate is in combat the screen automatically directs to it. If I am trying to move a unit at the time, I often end up accidentally clicking next to my teammate's combat and the turn is wasted. So I'd like to be able to turn this off or have an undo button. I'd REALLY like an undo button.

+1 for UNDO

What I would really really like is access to information while I'm in a diplo screen; look at the other person's relations, both of our trade deals, et. al.
This. Contrary to most of the other things listed here, lack of this actually has pretty devastating impact on gameplay.

Eh, the information IS already available, it's a problem of not being able to check the info before saying yes or no to their request, which is just plain stupid.

No we can't see their trades, but I don't think that was what OP asked for. If civ A comes and asks me for a DoF, it would be nice to be able to check the Diplomacy Overview to see who he is friends with and/or who he is denouncing/in war with (which we can see there) before accepting his request for friendship. But we can't switch to the diplomacy overview when someone is talking to us. Similarly, if they ask you to denounce a third party, it would be good to be able to see their diplomatic relationships before accepting or denying. The thing about trade routes was only trade deals between you and the civ in action, as I read OP at least.

Top Bottom