Screenshots!

Status
Not open for further replies.

You may wonder what the hell is going on with the Shattered World-esque map and why so damn early. Well, before I heard of the Shattered World mod, I found out that if you change the start date to 50 A.D and pick the Duke of Kartil, you can play a very Shattered World-esque map.

By the way, this guy converted to Judaism. And the one Jewish county in Itil is not there.

EDIT: Here's another good one after I conquered Europe as the Mongols.

I literally showed this to my (sort of) girlfriend on Facebook about why I haven't sent MLP drawings to her. And she never played the game. :lmao: Unfortunately she didn't react.

I felt like I needed a new desktop background for my comp, so I stopped to take a picture of Whiterun in the sunset on the way to killing a dragon.

Spoiler Skyrim is beautiful :

Killshot with my F-8

Spoiler :

Eventually made it to #3 on the leaderboard

While testing out my new, temporary replacement GPU, I decided to go hunting dinosaurs in tropical Skyrim with a good rifle like a good ol' Imperialist bastard from the 19th century.

Spoiler :

Unfortunately the screenshots aren't the greatest in my opinion due to the GPU being low-end and the blurriness of the slow motion kill moves, but hey, I think roleplaying a 19th century imperialistic douchebag can be pretty fun.

Oh! That's that WW1 mod for TW Napoleon. I have that on my computer but I've been distracted lately.

I just beat Battlefield: Bad Company 2. It was lots of fun, although certain levels were at times frustratingly challenging. I didn't really mind that, because it turns out I was usually approaching the levels I was having problems with wrong.. Either way, I would recommend this game. The scenery and the guns are pretty sweet.

Spoiler :

My Cities XL platinum city Uniquia. Yeah, I know it's a stupid name.

Population: 641,000

Spoiler :

This hill overlooks a high-tech business park, which is surrounded by residential districts of various types. Most of the city is off to the right. In the distance you can see a cluster of office towers, by the site of the former municipal airport, which has been recently demolished. In the very far distance you can see the factories and manufacturing plants where the uneducated masses spend their days contributing to society.

I should probably install my copy of Cities and give it a shot

In contrast, I recently went from a radeon 6450 to a gt 210. That was a bit of a downgrade. :lol:

(Better than my integrated GPU though.)

"Look at us we're hooman durr durr durr!"

This guy is about done with these friggin monkeys.

Also seems statues of gnomes with cheese on their heads was popular in ancient egypt.

Children of the Nile!

...is awesome!

I'm playing it for the first time now and I can't beliieve I never gave it a try before. So many nice and inventive mechanics for ancient egypt, and so many nice animations for citizens everyday lives! At €8 not even on sale it's a steal.

With how impressive this 10 year old title is, it's a shame citybuilders was on life support as a genre for so long untill the slight revival recently. I guess it must have been very performance heavy for its time though, as my city is starting to run choppy now in 2014, let alone how it must have been in 2004.

Spoiler :

It's a nice sight when the people flood down to the banks of the nile to farm the land as the inundation gives way.

Dominating the main city are the Cult temple of Thoth with it's long processionary pathway and the plaza of the dead surrounded by the Temples of Osiris and Anubis and close by the noble family tombs.

Cult temple of Thoth, patron god of the city and god of scribes, knowlege and hieroglyphs. Apparently he basically created the universe by writing down the physical laws through the power of science. Also he has the head of an Ibis. Pretty much the coolest god obviously.

People here are obsessed with death, so I had to make the Temples to the gods of death and the underworld quite prominent.

On the tip of an island in the Nile is the temple of the sun god Ra. Whenever the flood is unusually high the temple is flooded, but through the blessing of Ra always miraculously survives. Or it might be a bug with the fact that it was first flooded while still under construction, or temples might simply be flood resistant, but I'm going with the intervention of Ra Himself option.

More in the center of city life are the temples of Amun and Hathor. The temple of Amun, god of commoners is walled and surrounded by family tombs of lesser rank to impart a sense of quiet and order on the peasantry and to separate it from the slums it faces. The temple of Hathor, god of entertainers and place of regular festivals is more open in the middling parts of town.

The Temple of Bast is center of a small shrine complex that supports a small offshoot of the city on the far bank of the Nile. Watch out for shopkeepers assaulting you with offers on the way in.
Spoiler :

So far I have built 1 very small, 1 small, and 2 medium pyramids with a relatively small labor force, but with my new project of constructing the great pyramid much farther away from the main city, things are a bit different. A small city is being developed to support everything needed for construction. This thing is four times bigger than anything else I built and I'm starting to get worried I won't be able to finish it before Pharaoh dies.
Spoiler :

Introduction: I grabbed an old game in which I annexed the whole of Bulgaria as the Maygars and literally got a 120K men stack after the create Hungary decision. Now, I decided to rape the whole of christendom. I will eventually post a pic of my mega empire if you want, but for now here is what matters:

I once mananged to vassalize the pope as the Mongols (the same game I posted earlier on), but I never expected this to happen :lol:.

Also, yep, I'm still stuck on SoA. RoI has been a freaking douchebag towards me, CTDing every single time I try to run it. The same is happening with Res Publica.

I don't care if you carpool to work, at that distance it's not okay. It's never okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom