The "I Got A New Game!" Thread

I haven't played any half life or portal games (though I have both portals in my library, just haven't gotten to them).

I got an amex offer to spend $20 on amazon and get a $20 credit so I bought batman arkham origins (bad reviews but it was on sale), injustice gods among us and command and conquer collection. I downloaded red alert last night! Pumped to relive my preteen years lol. It's like all I played from age 12-13.

I didn't want to start a new thread for this, but I wanted to give a bit of publicity to this kickstarter for Kôna. It was featured in a few prominent websites like Rockpapershotgun and Kotaku.

I can't really tell you "hey this game will be amazing", but I pledged money because it looks a bit like Miasmata, which is a game I enjoyed a bunch, although Kôna seems less "empty" and a bit more focused. Also, if's about 70s northern Quebec, and I like that games are being set here. So if you enjoyed the tidbits of Quebec culture Sang-Froid had to offer, maybe you should check out this game.

I didn't want to start a new thread for this, but I wanted to give a bit of publicity to this kickstarter for Kôna. It was featured in a few prominent websites like Rockpapershotgun and Kotaku.

I can't really tell you "hey this game will be amazing", but I pledged money because it looks a bit like Miasmata, which is a game I enjoyed a bunch, although Kôna seems less "empty" and a bit more focused. Also, if's about 70s northern Quebec, and I like that games are being set here. So if you enjoyed the tidbits of Quebec culture Sang-Froid had to offer, maybe you should check out this game.

I didn't play Miasmata since it looked too intense for me, like if you were trying to fight a blood dragon as an undeveloped Jason Broody instead of a walking tank. This looks a bit less adrenaline crazy, and I loved Sang-Froid. I think I might go for it.

Yeah I found Miasmata rather stressful at times, even if the "creature" was a bit ridiculous looking, the tension was there. It was a bit frustrating at times too. I liked exploring the island by itself and I'm not sure, in my case at least, that the creature added much to my fun.

Ugh, I'm using a gamepad for injustice but the movement is so sensitive, I keep crouching instead of moving back. Can't pull off any specials. I suck at it.

Got Train Fever yesterday and it's really uncanny how much it plays like Transport Tycoon which is a good thing because I can just transfer over to Train Fever! The control isn't as in-depth as TT and right now it's still limited to randomly generated maps but the game is still pretty good.

Got Train Fever yesterday and it's really uncanny how much it plays like Transport Tycoon which is a good thing because I can just transfer over to Train Fever! The control isn't as in-depth as TT and right now it's still limited to randomly generated maps but the game is still pretty good.

It does sound interesting. At first I was disappointed at the lack of real-world maps, but the procedurally-generated cities with all citizens simulated does sound intriguing. Have you played any of the Railroad Tycoons at all, and if so, how does it compare? I haven't played Transport Tycoon myself, so I can't judge it well based on that.

It does sound interesting. At first I was disappointed at the lack of real-world maps, but the procedurally-generated cities with all citizens simulated does sound intriguing. Have you played any of the Railroad Tycoons at all, and if so, how does it compare? I haven't played Transport Tycoon myself, so I can't judge it well based on that.

The closest I'd compare it to is RRT3 but there aren't as many types of trains though but you can build buses and trams. I believe they're still working on Train Fever and they've said they want to create map creation tools soon but this was a KickStarter game so it'll probably take them time.

I'm afraid the best I can do is compare it to Transport Tycoon which you can get the Open Source version online called Open TTD. You may have to do some searching for the original TT files but it was always easy for me to find them.

Started playing that Van Helsing game after finishing the main story for Orcs Must Die 2 (which was a lot more fun than I expected). I didn't realize it was a Diablo ARPG, but I am enjoying it so far, although spamming the mouse buttons to kill a massive amount of enemies (I already got like 5 achievements for how many I have killed... and I only played for a couple of hours) isn't the most exciting thing.

FYI, walking dead season 2 isn't nearly as gripping as season 1. I cannot pinpoint why but it's missing the magic that season 1 had, even though the story is still pretty sweet. I just don't care about the characters as much, I think it really is as simple as there is no equivalent to Lee and Clem's relationship.

More detail in a spoiler (season 1 spoiler, wont' spoil s2)
Spoiler :

Season one really played up the relationship between Lee and Clem. It was your job to save her basically and you would do anything to accomplish that, I was completely engaged in that. S2 just doesn't have it. You play as Clem and interact with many people but there is not a singular relationship of the depth she had with Lee.

Just gotten SM's: Beyond Earth.

A collection of DOS Sim games. Of course, they also include the SimEarth, SimAnt, SimLife, etc. I have been having fun ruining the Earth on SimEarth by messing with the civilization sliders and dropping nuclear bombs at everyone. I wonder why no one is even bothering on making a remake of this masterpiece, or do a similar game.

A few EA/Origin people started dropping Origin codes in the chat for Desert Bus 8 on twitch, which cascaded into people giving away a tonne of extra humble bundle and Steam codes.

I snagged Populous which I kind of wanted, and Burnout Paradise: Ultimate Box which I thought would probably be taken and i was just practising on. Also got Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches on Steam...

Gave away all my extra humble bundle stuff though, including Civ4 Complete and Civ3.

Also got Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches on Steam...

If you like point-and-clicks, I believe that one's quite good. Naturally, it gets bonus points from me for the Welsh connection.

Just finished Wasteland 2 recently. Highly recommended. Not perfect mind you, I wish there was more role play options in dialogue, but I enjoyed the story.

and Burnout Paradise: Ultimate Box which I thought would probably be taken and i was just practising on.

I liked that game. You can tell from the menus that it's a console port, but the keyboard + mouse controls in-game are actually pretty good, so it winds up being a lot of fun. There's a nasty bug where webcams can make it crash, though, so I recommend playing it on a computer without a webcam attached. In spite of that bug, and not having played it lately, it's still my 5th-most-played game on Steam.

Top Bottom