Banished - town building colonization survival game

For a one guy team he makes a very pretty game.

That's always good. Model variety for simulation-related games can help quite a bit.

Dev released a new "dev diary" (I love you Paradox....) about some of the tech behind the game. It means nothing to my poor mind but some of you guys might like it.

Linked here.

I noticed he's added an update about the audio as well. See here.

It sounds pretty pro to me. I like the audio indicators that will relate to the health of your people/town.

A new update (also missed a faq from last week) about some bug fixes and balance changes. Link is here.

This guy must be very busy doing this on his own!

I'd like to know more about game progression (campaign?) and maps (random or pre drawn?).

I. so. want. that. game!

... this is starting to look really promising. I'd written it off as "no way one guy can do a good job on a game of this scope," but I may have to backtrack on that.

Well, the latest video didn't grab me immediately, but it does look very impressive, especially if the chap speaking was the entire design team!

The dev just released an update about pathfinding. Its here.

If this one guy on his own manages to release a product that has competent pathfinding for 100s of AIs the Maxis/EA should be even more embarrassed than they already should be!

The game looks impressively playable already. It's only one guy working on it? Damn, kudos to him.

I can't to try this game

My desire to this game has me of verbs!

Spoiler :
Yes, I know 'try' is a verb, you boring pedant.

Another update. This one touches on the developers approach to feature design and like all the other info I've read so far seems pretty promising.

Follow this link.

by the way: Why are the settlers banished?
Will you be trying to establish a colony made up out of criminals or religious nutcases?

Top Bottom