Whoa, never noticed this new diplo request!

ToodleElNoodos

Warlord
I've never seen this one before, very first time!

Spoiler :

Maybe I'm just late to the party, but this is the first time I've been requested to Denounce someone. I usually play diplomatically too, so this is a surprise!

Edit: For those who can't read the text, it says:

"Friend, I have a serious matter to discuss. My relationship with Denmark has broken down, and I need you to denounce them as a show of support. What do you say?"
>Sorry, we have no interest in this arrangement.
>Yes, let us do what we can.

It is one of the rarer ones but it's not new to BNW.

If you refuse they will turn around and denounce you instantly. It's pretty lame when they ask you to denounce a friend of yours, so it's better to let them destroy their own rep by backstabbing you (since only friends ask you this).

Spoiler :

The image is really small since I was recording a test video at half-size resolution for other reasons but then that happened.

Since it's so small, it says: "Pathetic. So you now show your true colors. The world will know of your dishonor."

Yeah I got this last week also, the first time in nearly 1000 hours played that I've seen it. At first I thought it was new to BNW.

Haven't seen this one yet. It's pretty harsh that they denounce you immediately if you don't want to follow their denunciation of someone else. At worst it could give a small diplo hit saying "You didn't go along with our foreign policy".

After all, it's not like they will declare war if you don't want to go to war with them each time they ask you to help beat up on someone. "Oh, well, if you don't side with us, you side with them. ... declares war on you".

I've only got it a couple of times in all my 1800+ hours of playing CiV, although one of those was post-BNW, which suggests to me that they've made to happen more frequently.

I find it very irritating that you're forced to either denounce someone (often a friend) or be denounced by the person making the request.

I've also seen it before.

I like that it puts you in a difficult situation, since most other decisions don't tend to affect you much. The general way I deal with it is:

-Denounce the civ they ask you to if they're not your friend and aren't popular with half the map.
-Refuse and get denounced otherwise.

It's not worth the backstabber penalty if they're your friend and it's not worth the "you denounced our friend" penalty if they're a popular civ. Generally either the requesting civ or the civ being targeted is universally disliked though so the decision becomes easier.

Sometimes they won't denounce you if you say no, I think it depends on how long the friendship or strong the alliance is.

I don't think they always denounce you if you day no. I think they should reduce the consequences for saying no, but make the request far more common. I also think the human should be able to make the same request.

I don't think they always denounce you if you day no. I think they should reduce the consequences for saying no, but make the request far more common. I also think the human should be able to make the same request.

I would love humans to be able to make the same requests as the AI.

In particular:

"Stop spreading your religion in my borders"
"Move your troops away from my borders"

The spreading religion one does exist. I've never seen it work, though.

That's why you do not DoF everyone you can. If 2 AIs are in a cold war, sooner or later this will happen. It's much more common in BNW only because even wormongers tend to be friendly in early game and turn at each other only later.

Also remember that denounce from a friend is much more severe because you get the "XY was your friend but still decided to denounce you" modifier (or whatever it says in English).

@Louis
In my experience, it works more often than it doesn't but it's only a temporary method. Spreading religion is a hostile act by default (you get diplo penalty for doing that even once), so if AI resorts to this, they already do not wish you well. They may cease their conversions for some time but in almost all cases, sooner or later they will be back.

I'm pretty sure I saw this for the first time in G&K.

The spreading religion one does exist. I've never seen it work, though.

Yeah it's where the "Don't Settle Cities Near Me (LOL)" Diplomatic pleadings are.

I saw it work against Siam. He was sending missionaries into my territories like he had declared jihad. I politely told him to stop and he did!

Of course it's a big red flag if they say no to that request. It probably means they have that religious belief that makes it easier to take down cities of your religion.

i see that message in every game, if you're not intimate enough to AI, it'll backstab you in case you refuse that suggestion

Yeah it's where the "Don't Settle Cities Near Me (LOL)" Diplomatic pleadings are.

I saw it work against Siam. He was sending missionaries into my territories like he had declared jihad. I politely told him to stop and he did!

Of course it's a big red flag if they say no to that request. It probably means they have that religious belief that makes it easier to take down cities of your religion.

This has been discussed earlier on this forum. One of the repliers said (off my memory) that you can tell them to stop converting but the problem is, you can't tell them to start converting. What if you didn't found a religion and want Pagodas from your neighbor country so bad?

Good point about choosing your friends wisely. I think because I was the runaway civ, even folks I've been enemy with kept falling into Friendly. I ignored any DoF though just because "Friendships are made over enemies."

Seems to be working pretty well so far.

I get that request alot on diety.. Sometimes answering no.. leads to all my friends DoW'ing me, which is why I say no, because I'm prepared to hurt my friends, and take their wonders. My last game this happened, it was a carebear diety/pangea/large/marathon love match... Shaka was dead, we were all friends, except Persia.. they were being douchebags to France. Persia asks me to denoune France, i say no.. They denounce me, and DoW Next 2 or 3 turns, the whole world denounces me, and within 12 turns, the whole world is at war with me. Atleast I was prepared, was already building an army to take out my culture rival.

It's a very slimy request. The AI seems to use it to force you to stir things up.

Ah, someone else seen this. I popped up a new thread about it (wouldn`t have if I`d seen this).

What surprised me even more was when I was instantly denounced for not agreeing to denounce.

Top Bottom