What are you guys playing now?

The Wolf Among Us: episode 5 :)

I don't play it personally but it is popular.

I fire'd up master of orion 2 last night. 3 hours later I was still fighting the one more turn syndrome.

My roommate got me into hearthstone.. that free to play blizzard card game. I was going to just humour him at first, I've never played a card game... but I got hooked and now I play it from time to time. Does anyone else play this or am I a freak?
I've spent a lot of time playing it, not so much recently, though. I've gotten a bit bored of playing against the same decks over and over again, waiting for Naxx to drop to hopefully shake things up a bit.

Man, the pistol is so damn good in Alpha Protocol. Chain-shot is one of the most ridiculously OP abilities ever.

I'm playing Shadowrun Returns, the Dragonfall expansion. I got it during the last Steam sale, and judging from what I read, I didn't even bother with Deadman Switch, the vanilla campaign... I've put around 20 hours in Dragonfall and am getting close to the end. I'd say it's a rather good game, reminiscent enough of Shadowrun tabletop RPG, and the original SNES Shadowrun game. A few battles are a bit annoying and gimmicky. It also reminded me of how annoying it is to see elves and dwarves everywhere, even in a cyberpunk setting.

Was playing Skyrim (Again)
Now Robocraft (Hilarious fun), Building giant moving wall of guns

Just finished a couple days of playing Banished - enough to get the steam achieves. Civ V on occasion.

Really enjoying a session or two per day of Desktop Dungeons these last few weeks - apparently I'm at 58 hours! (although I realize now that I left it going several times in the background...) One of my favorites games of the year for sure.

Also currently enjoying replaying Wizardry 8. 6 & 7 didn't age so well, but 8 isn't so bad - I'm enjoying it.

Quick Time Events always suck. Always. But Tomb Raider is one of the games where I found them the least intrusive (but still useless)... Except the very first one which is pretty much the only one I failed again and again because I didn't know what I was supposed to do.

I think that QTEs can work well in certain situations, like a (generally linear) cinematic experience which instead of a cutscene actually keeps you occupied. Like some of the ones in the Uncharted games.

Generally though yeah, no QTEs is best, followed by using them sparingly and not making them too sudden or too long.

Exception being Asura's Wrath which is entirely GTE: The Game and absolutely hilarious.

Top Bottom