Divinity Original Sin

I haven't played it. Heard about it in development and it never really caught my interest. I thought it was going to be some Diablo clone, but apparently it seems to be a very good old school RPG.
I'm seriously considering to buy this game. If I see it on a sale I won't think twice.

Pretty sure it's most similar to Baldur's Gate, which is definitely one of the RPG types that needed a modern reboot.

I'm going to buy it at some point, just waiting for the sale and the polish (it sounds like it's pretty rough around the edges).

I haven't played it yet, but while most people describe it as similar to Baldur's gate, the best comparison I seem to have read is Ultima VII mixed with Baldur's Gate. I will definitely pick it up at some point.

The only game of the series I've played is Divine Divinity, the first one. It was indeed a sort of Diablo clone with a bit more of an RPG/Ultima flavor to it than just pure hack and slash. I thought that game was quite hard and rather tedious by the end though. I did finish it.

Original Sin seems to have little to do with the gameplay of Divine Divinity though.

I thought that original divine divinity was closer to diablo but this one is all turn based combat and I guess really involved. I'll bet it drops to $10 at christmas, will wait til then.

I have it. It's very good. For those who have lots of free time to play games and won't mind going through it multiple times I'd go ahead and say it's worth getting now. For those with limited gaming time, wait. They're apparently planning to release at least one content patch and maybe more, so if you're only gonna be able to play it once then I'd hold off until it's actually complete.

It's good but imo not playing through more than once.
The game forces you to follow a path. Or rather, if you don't, it starts becoming inconsistent.
Stuff like getting hints about stuff you read in a journal you never saw and don't even know it exists.
Also if you don't do all the quests, you're too low level to survive early on so basically you have to do them all.
NPCs are very very limited (you get 2 talking companions period) and changing them for other companions is rather useless.
The game gives you hints at some crafting stuff but it won't tell you you need this level in that skill in order for teh recipe to work. Some smithing is also very counter intuitive (you can enchant weapons with eternium or poison but not both, but you can enchant eternium weapons with poison).
Your dialogue choices also make you feel like you're stupid some times. And NPCs will react as if you said stuff you never did.
The last battle is a terrible grind and you really should stop playing just before.
It's still an enjoyable game but the reviews are all over hyping it in my opinion.

Top Bottom