Game crashes on AI turn :(((( no mods

Doviello

Warlord
Huge terra emperor standard speed, 18 AI's, 602 turns in, BNW with all DLC - no mods.

The game freezes every time i try to click next turn, to turn 603. In this last turn i liberated Brazil, which had been dead for a while. The game crashes while processing the AI turn. Is there any way to save this game? it was so hard - lost my capital several times, had to abandon the main continent entirely then come back later with vengeance - and ironclads, i really wanted to finish this epic game :(

Anyway, this save is at the end of turn 602, click next turn for garanteed crash to desktop.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/kt2tnaeug8cpcty/Kamehameha_0602_AD-2101-January.Civ5Save

help? :(

Crashes for me too. Suggest you verify your game cache (Steam --> Library --> Right-click Sid Meier's Civilization 5 --> Properties --> Local Files --> Verify Integrity of Game Cache). Repeat if any files are downloaded until no files are downloaded. Then, load an earlier save (possibly an autosave) and hope it doesn't crash.

Cache integrity didn't fixed it, so i went to an auto save as suggested.

The problem, for some reason, seems to be liberating Brazil. Every time i did that, the game crashed at "next turn", during Brazil turn to be more precise. So i went back to the last auto save, didn't liberate poor Pedro, and played until i got a cultural victory at turn 650. My unhappiness was at -100 and i was making -400 gold/turn, but my culture prevailed, somehow. A culture of debt and Battleships.

Anyway, thanks for looking into it.

I have a similar crash on Byzantine turn except I had not liberated them. Originally using DirectX for Win 8 (playing on Win 10). I tried Direct X 10/11 and even tried DirectX 9. Also disabled mod Infoaddict as saw on another board someone resolved problem by doing that. No matter what I try, freezes on that AI and causes game to be non-responsive. On turn ~256, standard. Tried running with Stream in Offline mode. Any help would be appreciated. Intriqing game I'd hate to walk away from. Oh, the not so obvious - been running under this config for some time without this problem, so this is perhaps a single game issue?

I have a similar crash on Byzantine turn except I had not liberated them. Originally using DirectX for Win 8 (playing on Win 10). I tried Direct X 10/11 and even tried DirectX 9. Also disabled mod Infoaddict as saw on another board someone resolved problem by doing that. No matter what I try, freezes on that AI and causes game to be non-responsive. On turn ~256, standard. Tried running with Stream in Offline mode. Any help would be appreciated. Intriqing game I'd hate to walk away from. Oh, the not so obvious - been running under this config for some time without this problem, so this is perhaps a single game issue? As an interesting note, per other folks with similar problem, I started a war against this AI thinking it might change the game in some way, but same crash when getting to this AI after Next Turn.

Top Bottom