PTW patch 1,27 hang, crach

Caramba61

Chieftain
I have downloaded the UK patch PTW v.1,27 and installed it.
When I started PTW I get a message in french or italian and I think it says that it don't find my CD-ROM. I uninstalled the patch without no result.
I uninstalled the PTW game and installed it again. Now it hang after about 5 turns. I had to restart my PC and then it can't find my harddrive. If i turn off my PC for some minutes and start it again it's OK.

What do I do with this.

AMD duron 850 Mhz
160 RAM
60 GB HD
Asus CD-Rom

:confused: :mad:

I feel your pain. With the US version, the game crashes when you try to build Medieval Infantry. Good luck finding some help. Wish I knew what to do.

There IS no UK 1.27 patch.

What is advertised by ATARI as 'the UK 1.27 patch' is nothing more than the USA 1.27 patch with the copy protection stuff removed. AFAICS this causes a huge memory conflict.

I can't get it to work properly either.

Hi Caramba61,

(hi caramba? [dance] As in the Mexican shout? Was that intentional?)

I'm far from being the best person to ask for details of help but where was it that you got your patch?

I downloaded mine from the Civ3 website and it seems to be fine. I haven't encountered any problems yet - put it that way.

www.civ3.com/en/

It's the first item under 'What's New - Updated 20/08/03.'

It might be the very thing you need, then again, maybe not.

I did hear a while back that there were problems with getting the UK patch out. I think we were the last to get it. The US obviously had it first but then the italian, german versions (and several other European languages) were released before the UK version of the patch.

Try it (if you haven't already).

And best of luck!
I hate snags getting in between me and my CIV, so I know how you feel!

Originally posted by Ribannah
There IS no UK 1.27 patch.

What is advertised by ATARI as 'the UK 1.27 patch' is nothing more than the USA 1.27 patch with the copy protection stuff removed. AFAICS this causes a huge memory conflict.

I can't get it to work properly either.

Ok. The problem seems to be solved by running the program in a mode other that XP. Try 2000. But the question remains: Which patch should I use? The one with the copy protection stuff or the other?

Top Bottom