Supernatural Beliefs

scotchandcake

Chieftain
Adds 5 Supernatural Follower Beliefs to the game,
with Buildings and new Religious Units.

- New Follower Beliefs, you may choose up to 2 of them.
- Each Belief unlocks a building (e.g. Totem Poles for Shamanism), which you purchase with Faith - just like Pagodas/Mosques/...
- The Buildings grant a bonus to the city, and enable training a specific Unit (e.g. Shaman) after researching the 'Astrology' tech.
- The Units have different skills and uses, some are more military focused, others support other play styles.

New Units (with general strategy/focus):

- Shaman (builds Culture and Faith Improvements)
- Druid (Defense focus, Increases Military Unit healing, quickly repairs pillaged tiles, builds a defensive Improvement)
- Witch (Offensive focus, may pillage and use enemy roads, reduces enemies' combat strength)
- Medium (Recon unit, is invisible, large Sight Radius, can enter anyone's territory)
- Supernatural Warriors (4 different hero-type military units for different Eras)

More info, specific details, issues, compatibility and credits can be found on Steam Workshop, together with a "Subscribe" download link:

Supernatural Beliefs on Steam

Alternative Download:

Supernatural Beliefs (v 2).zip

The Druid Grove might be too good. Getting +1 food from jungles is very powerful, as it lets jungle cities grow much faster and when you mix in a university and other science buildings they'll be putting out much more than they usually do. The bonus on forests is fine I think, as a lumbermill on one is equal to a Civil Service farmed hill. Obviously it gets better when lumbermills get +1 hammer but you are paying a precious religious belief slot. The Druid though is kind of meh, but maybe I should have him run around with a warrior instead of doing the useless Enchanted Land crap. I figure it's the tradeoff for the Grove being so good.

I never really liked Jungles, the lack of improvements you can build on them usually makes me chop them down...

Of course it is very powerful if a lot of cities sit right in big jungle areas, but on average for a large empire, I don't think you'll get much more than +3 food per city out of it.
It's not easy to balance yields with each other, but in my opinion ~3 food is fairly equally useful to +2 culture or something, which you would get from building a Pagoda instead.

As for the Druid: Its main purpose was actually the healing thing, that was the major idea for the unit. The improvement was supposed to be a little fun extra, something "magical" to give the unit a supernatural touch and add another use for it.

Sorry i have to necro-bump this but i have been looking for 2 hours for this mod so if anyone has a up to date link i would be happy :) and :bowdown:

Sorry i have to necro-bump this but i have been looking for 2 hours for this mod so if anyone has a up to date link i would be happy :) and :bowdown:

He is a Steam friend of mine (steam name "Muppets"), and oddly he has pulled his two main mods (Prehistoric Era and Supernatural) but left a few minor ones. I know these were originally published in the fall of 2012, but I haven't seen him on steam in ages.

Top Bottom