Dawn of Civilization - an RFC modmod by Leoreth

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's nothing. I saw a Protestant Spain,Portugal and Italy all in one game

Interesting. I've never seen Spain or Portugal go Protestant. Italy happens with some frequency, which is actually historical. Protestantism had a significant foothold early on in the cities of northern Italy, but it was wiped out by the Counterreformation.

<nvm>

Considering the modmod hasn't been updated since 2010 it's pretty obvious you don't want to update it anymore. Although if I may ask, why? :(

I'm sorry, but, uh, what rock have you been living under? Look at the top of the subforum to find more current development. Like, really more current development. Like, four years after 2010 development.

Interesting. I've never seen Spain or Portugal go Protestant. Italy happens with some frequency, which is actually historical. Protestantism had a significant foothold early on in the cities of northern Italy, but it was wiped out by the Counterreformation.

Really? you never saw it? I see Protestant Spain and Portugal like half the time (Portugal goes Protestant more often than Spain)

Are there any plans to incorporate other use material in the next SVN?
The Modern Greece mod has turned out quite stable and doesnt affect any core values.

As soon as the source code has diverged, the difference of effort between including a civ modcomp and coding the new civ yourself is negligible. Especially if new civs have already been added compared to the base mod of the modcomp (in this case, Canada and Polynesia).

Also, I've already said a few times that with the current mechanisms I consider the mod to be at its cap for civilizations.

Lastly, there are like eight civilizations that I would include before even considering modern Greece.

Not even that, it's just a random number that felt right at the moment. The indicator is for this interpretation is "like".

Huh? First of all, I am prioritizing things that have nothing to do with additional civs. But I will only start adding new ones once the slot system has been changed.

People are of course free to create modules in the meantime.

Hmm, have you considered possibly including the Jurchens/Manchus as their own civ? Possibly spawning in Manchuria sometime in the 1100s as the Jin before respawning as the Qing in the 1600s?

I have. New civs are out of the question right now though.

Would reducing interciv contact earlier on decrease lag much?

I've always thought that Europe should never be able to trade with China so easily,in fact as a human it's such a game changer it's practically an exploit.
There should be an impassable salt-desert/swamp/tundra/taiga-forest zone separating East Asia from middle-east/Europe.

OR invisible barbarian stacks that can only move in Ice/TundraDesert preventing scouting without an "expeditionary force" or something.

Some civs could be considered "adjacent-only", so Tibet or Congo only exist if the player was China or Mali. Just an idea.

Some civs could be considered "adjacent-only", so Tibet or Congo only exist if the player was China or Mali. Just an idea.

Isn't there already a setting that lets you do that? Some of us (who aren't suffering from performance problems) like to see all the civs spawn, regardless of who we are.

Nope, but this is the standard behavior for when you disable a civilization.

But Congo is an important civ... I mean, they are the only surviving core in Africa in late game, and they build all the central African cities.

If you think so, keep them enabled. Glubshrug.

Good year everybody.
Just to say i'm still playing RFC DoC!

Achived UHV China from 3000 BC.
Achived UHV Ethiopia.
Failed UHV Maya. (Did anybody get it?)

Good year everybody.
Just to say i'm still playing RFC DoC!

Achived UHV China from 3000 BC.
Achived UHV Ethiopia.
Failed UHV Maya. (Did anybody get it?)

Check the UHV challenge and the paragon strategy. There are a some victories, but in all cases you must be really good player or lucky. IMO it is the most difficult civ right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom