The Medmod VI

Wes, Just to let you know I am having the same problem with the tech tree. Otherwise the mod works fine. The mod seems to be very slow. The time for cultures for me is way too long. I don't understand the need to make the game go so slow.

Did you mean tech advances? I haven't done anything to culture policies, and they are coming significantly faster than they did before the patch.
Once you get going, tech advances should occur about every 8 to 10 turns. I aim for Steel at about 1,000 AD. If you're close to that, then things are going ok. If not, then you may need to grow your cities a little faster or expand more.

Re: Tech Chart- I went through the chart, and the only thing I found was an unnecessary link between Combustion and Railroad. I don't see how this would cause a problem, but you never know.
I need you guys to check this out for me. Go into the mod's tech.xml, scroll down until you find some lines that begin with the word Delete, and insert this line in amongst them:
<Delete TechType="TECH_COMBUSTION" PrereqTech="TECH_RAILROAD"/>

See if that clears up the problem. What I would bet on, however, is that it's a problem with DLC. Do you guys have any? After I got the DLC civs, the scroll bar wouldn't show up on the civ selection screen at game setup unless I had a mod selected. I have to go into the Advanced Setup and select the civ from there. I think it's the Danish civ that's causing the problem.

I think I figured out what the problem is. All the puppets are counting toward Wonders and Culture. It is taking 25 turns for culture 338/turn for 8470.

In wonders it says I have 1 more library to go or a Coliseum before I can build the Wonder. That could be why I have never been able to build Holy War.

Yes, for this edition I added mods to the DLC civs. I didn't know that it would cause a problem. I did, however, put all the DLC stuff at the top of the various sections, so that it could be deleted more easily.

Hi loving the mod so far....unfortunatly I've run into the same issues I have with the TotalMod, as in tech tree issues

I get to chemistry and thats it, cant choose another, cant scroll in tech tree viewer either

Im using perfect world mod and future tech mod, seem to be no conflicts there as game runs smooth untill you descover chem

Is it a ast patch thing? It seems to of made the tech trees in various mods go a be crazy, or just not working

Yeah, I'm experiencing this problem with any mods that severely change the tech tree. Proc's mod seems to work, but the new patch screws up all the text keys for new techs. Yours and the Total Mod however, the tech tree doesn't work at all.

I added all the DLC civs- Spanish and Inca, Poly, Danish and Babylonian. It only costs about $23 to get them, which is about the price of a decent dinner out.

Is there anyone out there for whom the mod is working correctly, and if so, do you have any of the DLC?

I found an error in the mod's tech section that may be causing at least some of the problems. I added in links for Miitary Science that were already present. This caused Military Science to have more than 4 entries specifying preques for it. I feel pretty sure this is what's causing RavenFriend's Chemistry bug, but I need you guys to correct your copies and see what the result is.
Go into the Tech.xml, scroll down about 80% of the way, and delete these 8 lines:

<Row>
<TechType>TECH_MILITARY_SCIENCE</TechType>
<PrereqTech>TECH_ECONOMICS</PrereqTech>
</Row>
<Row>
<TechType>TECH_MILITARY_SCIENCE</TechType>
<PrereqTech>TECH_CHEMISTRY</PrereqTech>
</Row>

Deactivate the mod before doing this, then re-activate it after.

Btw, I am considering adding stacked combat to the mod. Do any of you have any experience with stacks in civ 5? If so, does the AI recognise and use the ability, and how are units chosen when defending? Finally, is the entire stack destroyed if one defender in the stack is destroyed?

ok made that change in the tech xml but it did not fix the tech tree problem as far as the missing scroll bar. i looked through the xml files in your mod and i could not find any of the DLC, but im used to the files in IV.

i have not yet tried stacked combat, i have been looking foward to it though, smalls stacks of about 5 units. I have no idea of what will happen in combat or how the AI will react. however the AI has been very good at adapting to anything we through at it so far.

Ok, deleted what you said to and it has cleared up the double req that I saw in the tech browser. Unfortunatly there is no scroll bar still...as with other mods I have tried. Also I still can not choose another tech....even tho doing what you said has made fertilizer, for example, only require one chem.

To be honest Im thinking this is somthing a modder can not fix.....altho not being a modder myself I can not say this for sure....but all of the overhaul mods I have tried have exactly the same issue...no scroll bar in tech tree...no way to choose another tech.

The DLC stuff from steam is very cheap yes, but its tiny stuff folk can do without, its not like a BTS update pack is it. Its just civs I think, nothing major in the DLC as far as I can tell....I realy dont see having it or not having it would make any difference to a conversion type mod.

Last patch did somthing horrid....personnaly I blame steam, even tho I imagine they will come up with the usual excuses, why Sid let a game with his name on it go with steam I will never know, realy big mistake.

As for as a few units per tile...YES, great idea, I meen we dont want stacks of doom again, but those hex's take an entire city!! I recon they could hold a few hundred men also...like and army you know, few foot men, an archer unit and seige stuff...this is somthing civ 5 realy needs and if you manage it..woot!!

I guess what I'll do is remove the DLC mods and see if that doesn't clear things up.
Activating stacks is as simple as modding a single flag in the GlobalDefines.xml, so that's no problem, I just wanted to know if the AI adjusts to it. It'll probably do alright.

Disagree for a good reason : 1 unit per tile is a good thing !

I remember in Civ 2, for one unit killed i lost a stack of 50 units !

But if it's for a stack of maxi 3 military units, why not ?

But it seems that 2 workers on same tile do not work 2x fast...
Only one worker can work a tile...

Any news for AI Equalizer ?
Still a good thing for MedMod or not ?

Disagree for a good reason : 1 unit per tile is a good thing !

I remember in Civ 2, for one unit killed i lost a stack of 50 units !

But if it's for a stack of maxi 3 military units, why not ?

But it seems that 2 workers on same tile do not work 2x fast...
Only one worker can work a tile...

Any news for AI Equalizer ?
Still a good thing for MedMod or not ?

I've allowed stacks up to 5 units. That should make moving somewhat easier in rough terrain, and in the later stages, when you have so many units.
As for the Equalizer, I think they may have made some changes in AI bonuses with the last patch. Anyway, I don't think the Equalizer is a big enough deal to include in the mod. I mean, I think its potential to mess up the AI is bigger than what it does for balance.

New Version Posted
The biggest changes for this version are the elimination of mods to DLC, which will hopefully clear up the problems people have been experiencing, and the inclusion of stacks of up to 5 units per tile. Other changes include:
The cost of some modern units has been increased by 50 units. (Modern Armor should cost more than Tanks.)
Musketmen cost lowered to fit better in between Men at Arms and Riflemen.
Panzers lose their extra movement, but gain the Blitz promotion.
Helicopters can now get the Shock and Drill promos.
I increased the priority for Military Training for the AIs, in hopes that this will prompt them to upgrade their units more often.
Peace Treaties now last 15 turns, since the AI now has a bad habit of declaring war as soon as possible.

Armories have been moved to Steel.
Building Quarries now adds 2 production.
The Apollo Program is now available with Nuclear Fusion.
Adopting Rationalism now gives you a free tech, since RAs are disabled.

Great, off to try it out now.

@Lachlan
I know you meen....its just to me the tiles seem too big for one unit. Perhaps if the city takes up more hex's that would seem more realistic?

Im guessing the working thing is to represent just how long it takes to build somthing....too many cooks in the kitchen spoils the broth so to speak, there is a limit to how many guys can work on a building site before you cant move and things just become counter productive.
Always thought it would be cool if you could attach a worker to a wonder being built in a city, maybe it should consum the worker unit if you choose to do that...hang on, am I just advocating slavery here?:confused:

Just been playing a quick game with v9. So far everything seems fine. Even the scroll bar is back in the tech tree. Few turns to get to chem yet , so unsure if I will be able to go further. Guessing it wil be fine tho, nothing looks out of place or requiring 2 of the same tech in the civilopidia thingy.

The AI seems to make use of the 5 units in a stack thing...mainly for moving tho, once it gets in your borders and begins the fighting it splits units up, taking positions so to speak. I did see them use a spear unit in same tile as seige a few times when I had a few units around near them...so perhaps the AI see's the need to protect the seige unit and makes use of the fact it can move a strong melee unit in with it?

Not sure if i just have missed a hot key for it, but you cant tell what is actualy in the stack....or theirs, this ofc doesnt realy make much difference. I guess you attack with the strongest unit, and defend with the best.

To be honest I was kinda doing the same thing as the AI when it came to it, made use of the stack movment, but then split them up a little making a frount when attcking.
Also, when you are at peace, it feels more like you have a standing army, rarther than units scattered around for no reason. So yes, I'd say the 5 unit stack works realy well. I wouldnt go higher tho i dont think

Anyway, will post how past chem goes. Good work sir:D

works like a charm now Wes, thanks for fixing that.

the small stacks seems to working out really well, it gives me the ability to bring enough units in around the city really assault it now. instead of moving the units around to get injured ones back and fresh ones at the front. ceaser at least knows how to put it to use he sent 3 stacks in that tore my country up before i could stop them.

your mod is working great now Wes :D

Top Bottom