Faerun

First of all congratulations, very nice work for being -I presume- alone. There is also much room for further improvement.
I'd like to understand how can I use the standard and large maps you made, because I can't seem to be able to customize the map, I can only chose from the scenario one or random. Also, in the random map will underdark be well designed (or at least seamless and separated from the rest of Faerun) like it is in the huge scenario map?

I'd like to understand how can I use the standard and large maps you made, because I can't seem to be able to customize the map, I can only chose from the scenario one or random. Also, in the random map will underdark be well designed (or at least seamless and separated from the rest of Faerun) like it is in the huge scenario map?

Hi and thanks for the comment. I do plan on including a custom game setup with the next release that will include True Start Locations for three Faerun maps: Standard, Large, Huge. These maps will not include the Underdark, and some of the scenario features will be absent.

However, I will continue to include the "advanced start" scenario map for those who like a massive experience.

Ok but how can I use the three map you uploaded? Can you explain?

Just wanted to say that I have really enjoy this mod and I am impressed by huge amount of, and large quality of, your work. As has been said before, this is truly the FfH of Civ V. I could finally squash Aglarond as Thay, always wanted that to happen in the DnD series. :)

I'm a Mac user but recently partitioned my hard drive to play Windows based games. One reason is I have ALWAYS wanted to play this Civ mod. Thanks for creating this! I'm downloading the game onto my Windows side now. Very cool you did this for us FR nuts.

Not sure if anybody follows this mod anymore, now that several other great fantasy types are around...
That said, I am planning a large update for the areas of the mod I didn't get to in January. Planned improvements:
  • A completely new tech tree, with more depth and strategic value
  • Several new non-magical units, and expanded upgrade paths for all units
  • Several new buildings
  • A new Goblin civ
  • An overhaul of the expansion system
  • A custom advanced set-up screen with four scenario maps of different sizes.

I'm really looking forward to the next update, even if right now it is already very playable

Thanks for taking time to report these issues!
1. I have seen this icon screw up in the base game, too. I'm not sure how the war event notification chooses its icons, but it clearly is not always accurate. At any rate I don't know how to fix this or even if it can be fixed.
2. I think this issue came up in the the random map, and I fixed that for the GK version. However, did you find this on the scenario map too? Were the settlers trained or spawned on first turn?
3. I haven't really thought about wonders or national wonders in a very long time. What I can say is that the next overhaul will include major changes to the tech tree and many new buildings. Hopefully this area gets some resolution then.
4. I know this is working correctly for the G&K version. Some resources will not grant their culture bonus until they are in your border AND developed with an improvement. Iron, for example.

In response to temples not producing culture on resources, I looked at the Faerun Buildings.xml and found the tag YIELD_CULTURE being used to set culture for temples, specific resources around cities with temples, mage guilds, and monasteries. Unfortunately, the YIELD_CULTURE tag isn't defined in vanilla and all these builds/resources produce nothing in the way of culture. I've made changes to my xml to fix most of this, except for the +2 culture on specific resources. This I change to +2 culture if the city has that resource available AND developed. Ex. a temple of selune in a city with 3 fish developed resources would get only +2 instead of +6 culture. Faerun Buildings.xml attached

Attachments

• Faerun Buildings.7z
    19.1 KB · Views: 63
Not sure if anybody follows this mod anymore, now that several other great fantasy types are around...
That said, I am planning a large update for the areas of the mod I didn't get to in January. Planned improvements:
  • Several new buildings
  • A new Goblin civ

Can't wait

• Several new buildings
  • A new Goblin civ

I follow it too FA

I'm sure you've seen or heard about it already FA, if not there are new models for orcs and ogres from FFH2 converted for CIV5 out in the download section under units. (btw, I think there are more people following your mod then you think there is.;) )

I'm sure you've seen or heard about it already FA, if not there are new models for orcs and ogres from FFH2 converted for CIV5 out in the download section under units. (btw, I think there are more people following your mod then you think there is.;) )

I saw these wonderful models by Deliverator, and I am going to integrate them into the update! As primary models they will be UUs for the new Goblin/Orc civ. I'm also mixing their unit models in with barbs for more variety. A huge version of the Ogres will be available both as a trainable unit for Evil aligned civs and as a new Event unit (this unit will be mobile and will try to capture weak, outlying cities).

I've enjoyed working on this, but now that better fantasy mods (like Pazyryk's, Pawels', and the Ice/Fire mod) are available, this will probably be my last major update to Faerun. In the coming months I'm going to focus on creating a Mars/Sci-Fi type scenario.

Well, my mod isn't available yet, and won't be for a few months at least (the first playable version will be BNW-based). And I get lots of inspiration from your mod, so please keep updating it :)

Just wanted to say thanks so much for all your hard work on the mod FA.
This is one of my most played mods for civ v.

I just came across your mod and just wanted to register here to let you know that I absolutely love it! I'm super excited to see you have a major update coming out very soon, and like others here want you to know that your work on this mod is certainly appreciated. Thank you!

Hey just another fan wanting to say thanks for the awesome mod! Best one out for Civ5 that I've found, and it's really replayable. I like the balance you have added to the game by limiting units to 4 per class and making casters so weak to melee, it makes the game far more tactically interesting than even regular civ. Keep it up, can't wait to see what more you have coming!

Top Bottom