Free 2k games

Status
Not open for further replies.

frank_littleff

Chieftain
Ok. The PS3 ranked MP game has been broken by patch 1.10. They knew this as the rolled it out in the US first and people commented on it, then a week later rolled it out in the UK anyway (plus the different regional patches are different so the Europeans now have the settler change and the Americans don't).

Anyway, after been routinely ignored (and that's everyone posting about it) in the 2k forum by miss 2k Elizabeth (who may be an automated bot given her/hisits responses) I got banned for posting 'unpatch me' in 7 threads :)

So i decided to contact 2k direct and ask for my money back seeing as the game doesn't work anymore. I didn't call customer services but rather their press office 01753 496613 (UK) and after complaining for 15 minutes (politely) and explaining what they'd done, the poor lad offered me any other 2k games for free to get me off the phone.

So there you go. Flood them with calls. Be polite. Vehemently complain that they broke the game, the haven#t rolled back the patch and nudge them towards your freebies.

And feel free to add that 2k's mods on their forum have been less than satisfactory in dealing with a fundamentally huge issue and that they're very shoddy.

Then enjoy your freebies and giving the company a headache. If loads of you call it will impact on the game being fixed because the last thing they want is their press department being flooded with game complaints around E3.

But be polite, please, as the press team can't actually give you a refund and the boss is away till next week. They can dish out those freebies though (don't you love corporate desperation at retaining good will in it's customer base combined with development incompetance).

Have fun. :lol:

After reading this i put some serious thought into doing what was explained and after a short moment i came to the conclusion: It's still a good game and im sure in time it will be fixed so why should i bother harassing them and trying to get free stuff from the company..if i really really wanted another 2kgame the $ to do so isnt deleted anyways not to mention the fact that its a deleted game. Tbh the ps3 is bad to startout with so i give them the benefit of the doubt with MP being busted.....anyways im done ranting now kthx.

Moderator Action: Warned for language. Keep it civil.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

After reading this i put some serious thought into doing what was explained and after a short moment i came to the conclusion: It's still a good game and im sure in time it will be fixed so why should i bother harassing them and trying to get free stuff from the company..if i really really wanted another 2kgame the $ to do so isnt deleted anyways not to mention the fact that its a deleted game. Tbh the ps3 is bad to startout with so i give them the benefit of the doubt with MP being busted.....anyways im done ranting now kthx.

your, i believe, was meant to be you're (as in you are, rather than belonging to me)

And no matter what the PS3 is to you, breaking a sellable product isn't on. It isn't about the money, believe I blow £40 without batting an eye-lid, it's about protest and this is a form of protest that can be done. Please feel free to roll over and play docile, but why let huge corporations get away with shoddiness. I have a product i can't use because they a) released it flawed and too early, and b) then broke it further with a needless patch that was only released to pre-empt dlc that wasn't available yet.

you're language is quite fruity, i doubt you'd have fared too well on the phone to them anyway.

He plays a lot of Team Fortress 2, and us TF2 people have short tempers.

And I agree with him. 2k is doing enough as it is. They recently sold out the game and are working on fixing bugs and balances, so hearing a call telling them, "Hurry up, your game sucks, I want free stuff" will do nothing.

PS3 mutliplayer, IMHO, is quite broken. I've played many games on the PS3, and I prefer the reliability of the 360, no doubt.

And btw, maybe he called you that because asking for free stuff really isn't the way to go.

He plays a lot of Team Fortress 2, and us TF2 people have short tempers.

And I agree with him. 2k is doing enough as it is. They recently sold out the game and are working on fixing bugs and balances, so hearing a call telling them, "Hurry up, your game sucks, I want free stuff" will do nothing.

PS3 mutliplayer, IMHO, is quite broken. I've played many games on the PS3, and I prefer the reliability of the 360, no doubt.

And btw, maybe he called you that because asking for free stuff really isn't the way to go.

:), thanks for the translation.

And despite agreeing up to a point that they are trying, i have a PS3, they broke my game.

Truth be told i didn't take any freebies despite him offering. This isn't about money, it's about agitation and protest. The state the game is in for me and many other PS3 users is not fine, and they have had 10 days to roll back the patch so at least the online would be partly broken, but playable, but they haven't.

And look, i've followed civ for a decade. I built a new PC for Civ IV. I'm a fan. I've gone above the call of duty to follow the franchise and love it, but in all that time i've never come across such incompetance and neglect. Civ Rev isn't really a one player game (it's a bit simplistic for that). The whole point/thrill is playing others... and despite repeating myself, they broke that.

Anyway, thanks for the reply (and i didn't take offence, this is an inflamatory thread anyway given the nature of it's content :) I just wanted to make 2k's day/week as frustrating as it has become for Civ Rev fans on the PS3... plus some people may like free stuff :)

What can you expect? PS3 has free multiplayer....things that are free arent always good......but the 360 multiplayer is good and not free....the system of the 360 might not be very good but at least the multiplayer is....I mean ps3 is a perfect system but their multiplayer sucks......sorry but if u wanted multiplayer u should have bought an xbox 360....:lol:

:), The state the game is in for me and many other PS3 users is not fine, and they have had 10 days to roll back the patch so at least the online would be partly broken, but playable, but they haven't.

:thumbsdown:

I realize that some people's MP was broken before the patch. But people, just UNINSTALL THE PATCH! :mad: Of course you are going to get banned from the 2k forums for posting something that YOU CAN DO YOURSELF! :wallbash: I have seen numerous posts in several other threads giving instructions on how to remove the 1.10 patch from your game. This is not something that the video game company has to do for you. Heaven forbid anyone take any action for themselves. :cry:

It boggles my mind that because you can't get multiplayer "partly broken, but playable" for 11 days (because you REFUSE to remove the patch YOURSELF), you suddenly feel entitled to free stuff? [pissed]

Ridiculous and reprehensible to post a thread telling other people to be jerks to 2k employess just so they can get a free game.

:thumbsdown:

I realize that some people's MP was broken before the patch. But people, just UNINSTALL THE PATCH! :mad: Of course you are going to get banned from the 2k forums for posting something that YOU CAN DO YOURSELF! :wallbash: I have seen numerous posts in several other threads giving instructions on how to remove the 1.10 patch from your game. This is not something that the video game company has to do for you. Heaven forbid anyone take any action for themselves. :cry:

It boggles my mind that because you can't get multiplayer "partly broken, but playable" for 11 days (because you REFUSE to remove the patch YOURSELF), you suddenly feel entitled to free stuff? [pissed]

Ridiculous and reprehensible to post a thread telling other people to be jerks to 2k employess just so they can get a free game.

Delightful thread. Well thought out. Based on facts. And so pretty with all the emoticans... very expressive of you.

Of course, unlike a sage like yourself, i didn't know you could remove the patch, no-one let me know i could remove the patch myself, and venting your frustration in such a manner shows little social interaction so i understand how you've figured out how to do it, but perhaps others haven't.

But thank you for pointing out it's possible, i'll have a look.

Of course, i, and others, haven't REFUSED to remove the patch myself/ourselves. I (and perhaps others) didn't know, which makes yours a kind of null post in places as your assumptions are incorrect and therefore your post flawed.

And, in defence of those that don't spend every waking minute substituting a social life with techno-bonding, we shouldn't have to remove patches that break it. It shouldn't have been imposed upon us (and yes, it was imposed or we couldn't boot up the game)

And i didn't get free stuff, i refused it, that wasn't my purpose, but don't let too many facts get in the way of your rant hey, they're really rather inconvenient, in do understand that :)

(i love how boiled up people get... jesus your mum must be wondering what she did wrong today given the mood you appear to be carrying around).

2k still screwed up this game up, and no amount of ranting about my/our incompetance is going to change that. Still, you may be able to get a job as a mod :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom