Freezing during nuking of city?

Sanveann

Chieftain
My husband (who kicks my butt in the Civ department) is playing the Japanese on deity and going for a domination victory. He's tried nuking the Germans several times, but each time, the game's frozen and the 360 had to be restarted. (Luckily, he's better than me about saving his games!) That's the only time we've had problems with the system freezing.

Anyone else have this prob?

No, whenever I nuke it goes through fine. Check the CD for scratches, their could be a scratch where the nuke explosion info is. Sorry for your problems.

Most people -- or atleast I do and it was mentioned in reviews -- get some frame skips during the nuke animation, but it's never locked up my system.

I have noticed that some animation take an abnormally long time to load for me, especially naval battles. The screen will spin slowly around the two units for up to a minute or two, and then just skip to the resolution of the battle.

My husband (who kicks my butt in the Civ department) is playing the Japanese on deity and going for a domination victory. He's tried nuking the Germans several times, but each time, the game's frozen and the 360 had to be restarted. (Luckily, he's better than me about saving his games!) That's the only time we've had problems with the system freezing.

Anyone else have this prob?

This happened to me once over the weekend. Unfortunately I wasn't smart enough to save beforehand so I lost hundreds of years. I figured it was because I had been playing all day and the box was hot. I've used the nuke other times and had no problem.

this happened to me the other day as well on the ps3. I'm not sure what caused it. I highly doubt a scratch caused it because it happened the first time i played it so a scratched disc is not likely. It was annoying because I'm really bad about saving my game as well.

Out of curiosity, could you tell me the manufacture date of your Xbox? You'll find it on the back along with the serial numbers, etc.

Thanks! :)

My PS3 did also freeze during a launch of a nuke during the end game a few times. Especially during games where I have many units and many cities. It doesn´t help restarting from a save, the game freezes again when launching the nuke even if it is during another turn.

Seems like a real glitch/bug in the game. Something for 2K to look into and fix in a patch

No.... Mine's only froze when I attacked the chinese with about 36 tank armies... By number 22, it locked up.

And well, I had not saved that entire game, and so... All my work was gone... I think it may be just too much stuff on the map or too much stuff happening or about to happen or too much stuff had already happened...
Or maybe it's just a scratch on your disc where the nuking info is =/

No.... Mine's only froze when I attacked the chinese with about 36 tank armies... By number 22, it locked up.

And well, I had not saved that entire game, and so... All my work was gone... I think it may be just too much stuff on the map or too much stuff happening or about to happen or too much stuff had already happened...
Or maybe it's just a scratch on your disc where the nuking info is =/

I can promise you 1 thing. It is not a scratch on the disc that does it. First, I don't have any scratches, and secondly the BDs are very durable compared to the old format DVD.

I can promise you 1 thing. It is not a scratch on the disc that does it. First, I don't have any scratches, and secondly the BDs are very durable compared to the old format DVD.

Then I guess it's too many things happening in one turn, take too many explosions in one turn from tank firing. If it isn't a scratch, it may just be too much in one turn.

Your 360/PS3 could've been hott and so the heat could've stopped the game you know, overheating and stuff.

Top Bottom