Build your own religion

What might be the rules of play?

Here are the suggested rules so far:

1. no-one is excluded;
2. all rules should be simple and easy to understand;
3. all action should promote the sum total of human happiness;
4. everyone is responsible for his or her own actions. No third party who operates behind the screens and is to be credited with positive outcomes, but remains blameless in case of negative ones;
5. Wittgenstein Proposition (7): Whereof we cannot speak, thereof we must remain silent.
6. No rule is more important than another and no rule is cast in stone , apart from rule 6?

What do you think? Yeah, waste of time, I know. This'll sink without trace.

Rule 6 is logically inconsistent. It can't even exist due to how contradictory it is. No rule is cast iron, except this one. So since no rule is cast iron, neither is rule six, which makes it pointless and thus the whole point of the thread is pointles also.

Rule 6 is logically inconsistent. It can't even exist due to how contradictory it is. No rule is cast iron, except this one. So since no rule is cast iron, neither is rule six, which makes it pointless and thus the whole point of the thread is pointles also.
Your own logic is inconsistent (surprise!). Why should a rule that explicitly excepts itself apply to itself?

That it actually includes this exception makes it more consistent than sola scriptura, to start with.

I agree. You make a very good point. I suggest we amend it. What do you suggest?

Reasons to be Cynical 54-69
Spoiler :

54. $500 electronic hand-held organizers that are almost as efficient as $30 loose-leaf organizers
55. 27-year-old Silicon Valley millionaires
56. computer literacy replacing literary literacy
57. computer viruses
58. software bugs
59. unfathomable computer video games that are instantly mastered by subliterate pre-adolescents.
60. the values instilled by video games (if it gets in your way, nuke it)
61. thinking about a future society run by people nurtured by video games
62. watching helplessly as a full day’s work is eaten alive by your PC
63. watching the hourglass hang for two, three, four, minutes
64. “application has stopped responding to the system”
65. “server does not have a DNS entry”
66. spending three hours on the Internet in a futile search for information
67. the fact that you could have obtained the information in three minutes by opening a book
68. the proliferation of websites featuring naked people exchanging bodily fluids
69. the fact that those websites are more popular than yours or mine

Proposal:

1. Proposal(s)
Spoiler :
I propose that:
a) any member (i.e. anyone considering themselves to be a member even if only temporarily for the purposes of making any proposal), heretofore referred to as a member, has the right to make proposal(s)(heretofore referred to as proposal(s)) at any time;*
b) any member has the right following proposal(s) to second any proposal(s) (if instead you want to amend proposal(s), you should make proposal(s));
c) after proposal(s) have been proposed and seconded, a vote should be held; (and how you do that, I have no idea.)
d) after proposal(s) have been proposed and seconded and voted in by a majority (or suitable other % of those considering themselves members - even if only for the purposes of voting) they shall be deemed defined up to and until but not exceeding the time when they shall be amended by further proposal(s).
*Where's a lawyer when you need one?

(Phew! I hope that's clear.)

2. Religious Festivals
Spoiler :
I propose that: the first religious festival, to held on a date TBA, shall be called Pancake Day. On which, optionally, pancakes shall be consumed, silly hats worn, discussions of Funerals and Weddings (form and function etc), elvis stuff, hookers and blackjack will be, optionally, available. (virtually) And any other stuff you can think of before Pancake Day has been defined. During Pancake Day all creatures shall make merry under pain of death. (See Flash Gordon)

First you must propose proposal(s)*. Have them seconded, then voted and thereby defined. (If I understand my own logic - which I doubt.)

*Ideally by saying I propose that but anything at all will do: there shall be proposal(s).

If Rule 6 is recursive, so too are Proposal(s).

I doubt we can escape this impasse without authority.

Quite honestly dudes religion is not social club for nuts. First we must define what we believe in and then only what we eat, wear, and what to do with hookers...

How about, if someone would propose an election, I propose it should be seconded, but only after my proposal to second that proposal is seconded.

How about, if someone would propose an election, I propose it should be seconded, but only after my proposal to second that proposal is seconded.

Ziggy for Pope!!!

Lepper messiah is either brave or corrupted. In our religion we welcome both..

Top Bottom