[BtS] - Updates and progress

There's a 100 and a 50 error in the BuildingInfos that I've never heard of.

I was changing the editor a bit and accidentedly deleted something which caused a bad xml export for BuildingInfos. Fixed now.

I have 2 issues that I'm going to have to leave for now.

There's a 100 and a 50 error in the BuildingInfos that I've never heard of.

And there is an issue with the Improvements in the BuildInfo file.

Feel free to take a crack anyone. :)

edit - I'm done for the night at revision 25

got rid of all the xml errors, though we still have a crash on load. I haven't the faintest Idea why though.:confused:

Edit: We might be getting the crash because allot of the art defines aren't done yet. Going to bed now as well.

BTW, Good job guys.:goodjob: We got allot of work done today.:D

Do art defines give crashes upon loading normally? Also, most of the artdefines XML files were direct transfers and the art folder is the same basically. I hope that's all it is, but have my doubts.

Maybe our lack of Events and Corporations files?

For the Event XML files do we need to keep the Vanilla ones or can I completely remove them?

You could go through them systematically eliminating the ones that wouldn't fit at all on the moon, and changing text to fit better those that do. We are going to want to use a lot of those events, right? No sense "re-inventing the wheel".

Now I feel dumb pestering you via PM AA. I was doing other PM work and didn't see your replies. :blush: I'll leave most Events and triggers and simply reword the text.

Can someone either post the Corporations XMl file or modify it so it doesn't have conflicts. I've never looked at it, but I assume there are prereqs that our mod no longer meets. These should cause issues (along with Events which I'm modding now).

Btw, did you guys put the python and res folder in Assets in your BtS version of the mod?

Put everything together (.svn xml + my civ4 sound xml, python, art and res folder from the Civ4 version and tried to start it.

Results:
I have an xml error on xml/terrain/Civ4ImprovementsInfos.xml.
the <Bonustypestructs> element may according to DTD/scheme not be empty (line 45,32)

I compared this with the BtS improvementsinfos file, and this tag isn't there. How did it get into the MoonSong improvementsinfos file?

Next I receive xml errors on faulty infoclasses on the terrain improvements like Biodome, Glasshouse, Mine, enfin, all of them before the game shuts down.
The weird thing is the error message links those IMPROVEMENT classes to the xml/UNITS/Civ4BuildInfos.xml
Sounds contradictionary. Improvements in the units folder?

Deleting the BonusTypeStructs tag in this file solves the xml errors but at about twothirds loading the game crashes to desktop.

Results:
I have an xml error on xml/terrain/Civ4ImprovementsInfos.xml.
the <Bonustypestructs> element may according to DTD/scheme not be empty (line 45,32)

Oops, thats my fault. I changed the schema but I forgot to add it to the project.

Next I receive xml errors on faulty infoclasses on the terrain improvements like Biodome, Glasshouse, Mine, enfin, all of them before the game shuts down.
The weird thing is the error message links those IMPROVEMENT classes to the xml/UNITS/Civ4BuildInfos.xml

Don't worry about those errors. They will dissappear when the improvments one is fixed.

Edit: maybe I should read all the posts before replying.:crazyeye:

Btw, did you guys put the python and res folder in Assets in your BtS version of the mod?

I haven't

Well, doesn't make a difference anyway. The mod still crashes at about 60% loading.

Going to try things the other way around. Adding stuff to a fake mod.

GL with that. I am very curious to see what is causing the crash as I don't think I had ever seen a crash like that while the game is loading.

I'm hoping that when you correct the last XMl error all will be well. That seemed to happen a lot with Vanilla.

When will you be able to update this matt?

If you add the default Bts terrain schema to the project I will be able to do it now. Otherwise it will have to wait till tonight as I have access to the mod now but not Civ4.

If you add the default Bts terrain schema to the project I will be able to do it now. Otherwise it will have to wait till tonight as I have access to the mod now but not Civ4.

I don't have Civ4 access either yet. :(

Top Bottom