A guide to Venice (diplomatic victory)

davidmg00

Chieftain
I just started a website about Civilization and my first guide is a Venice guide. I don't know if this will be labelled as spam since other users also post their guides on here. I just want people to give me honest opinions on my first guide: how to improve it, what they'd have put, any useful tips for a starter... Anything of help is welcome.

MODERATORS: I don't want to spam and/or be a toxic user, so feel free to delete my post if it doesn't follow the spam rules. If it is deleted, I will never post any more threads like these.

The guide can be read on here: http://civfan.hol.es/2016/08/23/venice-by-davidmg00/

Thank you in advance,
davidmg00.

Strangely enough venice is a good civ for domination victory. Why you might ask.

Because on higher difficulties the city states will have lots of units wich you can use to conquer enemies. I've had a situation where i bought a city state and it had 3 compasite bowman. with my own 3 compasite bowman i could conquer my whole continent...

same goes for late era's they will have lots of units. You dont have to built the units at scratch.

the lots of trade routes you have will cause you to have massive amounts of money wich causes you to rush buy units like its nothing. strategy : buy a city state next to enemey you get lots of free units use gold from trade routes to rush buy extra units conquer their lands..

As a warmonger the world will hate you and try to annoy you in the world congress by embargo you or remove happiness of certain luxury you have. if someone has more city states then you have you can reduce their votes by capturing the city state with youre merchants.. Goodby vote goodby embargo.

I read the guide, and there are some interesting strategies. I don't agree with wasting a free tech from the Great Library on Iron Working.

But in most of my games, I research pottery, mining, writing. When building the Great Library, I then time it so I finish calendar in time. Then I grab philosophy as the free tech so I can build the National College asap.

I'm not sure why OP thinks iron working is so important as the free tech, as I'm not sure what version of Civ V he is playing.

Sorryy for double post--but one gets screwed when playing as Venice.
I started off with three salt (which is great)--but there was salt in my area as far as the eye can see. And I"m stuck with one city.

And only one city state and no other AI's. I spent the first 30 turns building and buying military units to fight off the barbs because they were overwhelming.

Now I remember why I quit playing as them. It ain't worth it.

Top Bottom