MilarNES: Birth of A Civilization

This is the awards ceremony for the players of MilarNES: Birth Of A Civilization, rewarding the best and the worst nations in the world, by making them known to everyone and making sure that they know that they played well or not. (If Crezth is reading this, I remember you that you didn't post the awards list for CrezNES)

Most Powerful Nation
Gold for Babylonian Empire: indisputably the most powerful nation in terms of economy and military, they managed to use their strategic position in the Middle East as a way to arrange merchantile operations that brought much money to their treasury, money that was then used in economical projects that brought even more money for them which would soon be used in arming an enormous quantity of soldiers.
Silver for Koopa Kingdom: they have crushed one nation using their ships first for several turns and then attacking with all their might. The King Bowser rules nearly all of the Western North Pacific with an iron fist. Their name is feared in many places as one of bloodthirsty warriors. Need I explain more?
Bronze for Brundagana and Inca Empire ex aequo: the first used their isolation from the rest of the world to build up a very big empire in the south of Africa, managing to reach several islands very far away from their homeland (and, in a trade they would have done this turn, they would have taken Sarawak's colony in Australia). The second built up a powerful military, kept their northern neighbours in check, expanded into Amazonia thanks to the training their UU (Terror Quechas) received and even managed to culture-flip parts of the Chibchan Empire.

Best Army
Gold for Babylonian Empire: using their merchant-like minds, they led the way into achieving better weapons and instruments and used the benefits from their trade to build up an enormous army of 98 Land units, although this would cost them loss of military quality.
Silver for Koopa Kingdom: their isolated position several hundreds of kilometres away from the Asian coast made for a very strange culture that made its way into the army and the navy, both of which managed to domesticate strange creatures that would help them dominate most of East Asia after crushing one nation (Shanjuó) and being about to crash other (Sarawak). Had the game continued, they might have lost this position as the Babylonian Empire and Brundagana were about to declare war on them.
Bronze for Gaulic Federation: the only nation to fight in two different wars (apart from the Koopa Kingdom), they used their resources very well, creating armies big enough to take on their enemies. They managed to take on the war-like Picts (which came back as the mercenary company The Kingless Clans) and managed to kick the Milanese out of Iberia and their homeland before being about to crush them thanks to their Roman friends (which would have probably happen if the game had continued (sorry for that, Flavius, but it is the truth)).

Best Navy
Gold for Nootka: OK, they have been an NPC for the whole game and they don't have exactly the biggest navy in the world. However, they have made up for the latter with the best quality navy in the world, which they used in their raids against the nation of Seri (which they were fighting against), culminating in the attack that nearly destroyed Soccaix (Seri's capital) and the amphibious attack that allowed them to conquer California, as well as taking them across the Bering Strait.
Silver for Koopa Kingdom: They used their navy mostly for piracy against the only two nations that were near enough to them, the Shanjuó and the Sarawak. Their Bloopers (gigantic octopuses) were trained to destroy most of Sarawak's navy and the transport ships took the soldiers to all of Philippines and Borneo.
Bronze for Babylonian Empire, Brundagana and Chibchan ex aequo: all three of them were only given the chance to use their navies to expand towards several islands, but it was worth it.

Most Technologically Advanced
Gold for Babylonian Empire: using their powerful economy, they managed to reach the Classical Age, investigating nearly all of the technologies in that age, and used their edge to trade with the other nations. A couple of extra turns and they would have entered the Dark Ages.
Silver for Brundagana: after they took the Great Library, their sages "discovered" a lot of things that were already known in much of the world thanks to the Babylonian Empire selling those technologies to many nations. They did a lot of investigation of their own after the Library was built, too.
Bronze for Kingdom of Hellenium: they just bought a lot of technologies from the Babylonian Empire to make up for the lost time, but it still counts!

Most Bloodthirsty Nations
Gold for Koopa Kingdom: have declared war against 2 different nations without any real casus belli. They have used their navy to kill people, loot money, raid towns and destroy and smash even more towns. They have trained several strange animals just for the purpose of war. Need I explain more?
Silver for the Gaulic Confederation: they went on war against two nations, albeit they did it for a reason: the Picts fell because they wanted the Gaul territories, and, well, the Gaul-Milan war was something I sparked, creating a very stupid incident because both Charles and Flavius sent their orders rather late. Still, they won many battles thanks to their planning.
Bronze for Seri: they attacked their friendly neighbour nation without any true reason, using their armies to kill as many enemies as possible and still going on in spite of losses, a very good peace offer and the opposition of their own people.

Best Comeback
Gold for Britannian Republic: once known as the Holy Empire of Britannia, it fell on hard times after its player (Warhead) didn't report for the game, which ended with the emperor dead and the Republic declared. This was the turning point of the nation, as it grew up from this point, flourishing under the rule of Dannydehz, who built two wonders and 4 projects that gave them a lot of economical output.
Silver for Idyll: was an NPC for starters, taken by Amon Savag and abandoned soon after, Idyll managed to come back thanks to Babylonian support and expanded into a lot of land.
Bronze for Kingdom of Rome: created by germanicus12, he left the game due to disagreements with me, was taken soon after by erez87, but their takeoff came when erez87 left, allowing them to cross the Mediterranean, colonize part of Africa and went to war with the United Tribes of Milan.

Biggest Fall
Gold for United Tribes of Milan: they were a medium power in Europe in par with the Gaulic Federation. When war started between them, they managed to take the initiative in France, but at the loss of their Iberian territories, and slowly lost nearly all their territories to the Gauls and the Romans, with the mercenary company Sabine Brothers taking a piece of it as well. The timely appearance of The Kingless Clans might have saved them from total defeat, but the fatal mistake of not sending orders just in that turn prevented them from capitilizing on that appearance.
Silver for Pictland: they had nearly all of Great Britain under their control, and could have been a great power on their own, but their small economy doomed them when war started between them and the Gaulic Confederation. They could have made the Best Comeback list with time, if The Kingless Clans had managed to turn over the course of the Alpes War.
Bronze for Darwinia Ultima and Shanjuó ex aequo: both nations had a future, both nations could have turned out great... but they were left by their owners very soon into the game. Sure, stalin006's (currently MIA: not that he is a soldier, the guys at the JSDF aren't allowed to go on military missions to foreign lands, just my own appreciation of his situation) choice of starting point wasn't exactly the most conductive for the start of an empire (the Galapagos Islands), but Shanjuó could have been powerful enough if Crezth had remained in here.

Most Original Ideas
Gold for Koopa Kingdom: they were the first to use piracy to debilitate an enemy, they had 3 different names, two of them derived from the world of videogames (at least Koopa Kingdom sounded much better than SNES Land), they had the most "original" UUs of the game and their religion was, by far, the weirdest of the game.
Silver for Nootka: yes, yes, I know, Nootka has been an NPC (and thus controlled by me) for most of the time, but I think that the strategies I developed for their war against Seri were very good: they used a scorched earth tactic to deny the Serian soldiers any possible resource, they left the capital en masse before the Seri could take over it, they resorted to a guerilla war against the more powerful Serian army and, yes, they launched a secret attack against Seri's Stonehenge in order to make the priests think that the spirits were angry. (Sorry!)
Bronze for Sarawak, Guanche and Darwinia Ultima ex aequo: Haseri took the Sarawak nation I had created and developed a really big set of traditions and ideas, changing the UUs for something better and far more interesting. The Guanche had also a very original UU (I created it, but it still counts). As for Darwinia Ultima, they had the most original early unit (the Turtle Cavalry), which gives them some brownie points.

Best Stories
Gold for Sarawak: Haseri developed a very important culture through his stories, creating a mythology, an alphabet and even had the time to add some humour to them.
Silver for Gaulic Federation: Charles Li comes to a very close 2nd position, as he also created a great culture through his stories, with mythology and all, and basing some of his projects in those stories as well.
Bronze for Damietta: they created several long stories of a good quality. Pity that they weren't many.

Special Mention For Seri, which played the game at a very well level despite their relative delay tech-wise respect the Nootka, which they fought and could have defeated if it weren't for their (the Nootka) brilliant tactics.

There is no "Largest Nation" award because it is really difficult to gather whom exactly is the biggest nation of all.

*Accepts his reward, shocked and laughing nervously*

"First of all, I would like to thank God, my mom... hi mom! My wonderful staff, the GM Milarqui...."

:p

Silver is a pretty color. Hopefully my spamming of Bloopers and their placement in the eastern Indian Ocean would have destroyed most of the Babylonian and Brundaganian army before they could even see Southeast Asia...let alone the enemy that they were to fight.

Top Bottom