ModBuddy issues on moving to my laptop

Typhlomence

Magical Tomomo
I transferred my ModBuddy installation via Steam Backup and Restore to my laptop to work on things while I'm on holiday, and I'm having a bit of an issue.

Initially, when I start the application and after I get the UAC prompt for ModBuddy.Updater, I get a Windows error saying it's stopped working, as below:

I thought this shouldn't be a problem, but when I try to create a new file of any type in my current project, I get this error:

When I looked at the location given by that error, I did see that the file it was quoting was missing, so something strange is definitely occurring. I tried copying the item template files from the ModBuddy folder to this location, but that didn't work either as I got a similar error message.

Anyone know what's going on here? I didn't think I would have any issues since I don't think I had any when I transferred the installation in this way previously to a different computer. I'm not sure there's any other problem since I can't really test uploading mods now too (and they build fine), and it's not strictly stopping me from working on my mods (I don't really need a template to create the files), but if anyone knows how to fix this, your assistance would be appreciated. :)

If it requires an installation of the SDK from scratch (perhaps because my user directories are different between my desktop and laptop), I can do that, but it'll have to wait until I can get to a proper Internet connection.

Top Bottom