[TSL] Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack

I deleted a mod that I thought was related to the trouble I've been having with the YNAEMP mod, and now I can't select any of the official civs any more when playing an YNAEMP game.

Just fired up another 60-civ game and again, none of the civs are where they're supposed to be. I did notice a pattern though. All the civs merely swapped places with another civ. For example: England founded London where Vietnam was supposed to found Hanoi and vice versa.

A complete list of the civs that switched places:
England/Vietnam
Nazi Germany/Siam
Mayas/Khmer
Korea/Soviet Union
Japan/Indonesia
Portugal/Huns
Spain/Hawaii
Buccaneers/Netherlands
Assyria/Aborigionals
Greece/Maori
Tonga/Australia
Rapa Nui/Ethiopia
Iceland/Italy
Celts/Dene
Morocco/France
Oman/Norway
Songhai/Sweden
Poland/Denmark
Kongo/Austria
Brazil/Carthage
Egypt/China
America/Arabia
Babylon/Zulus
Mongolia/Byzantium
Ottomans/Persia
India/Argentina
Shoshone/Inuit
Aztecs/Canada
Iroquois/Incas
Cuba/Bolivia

And also, the spawn location for the Aborigionals' Settler is right on top of that Natural Wonder in the center of Australia, so they can't found a city.

Wow...so u actually made it work? 60 civs??? drewllll

I want that!!!

Can I plz have ur pc specifications?

I know quadcore and 4 GB etc are recommended, but lets say I have a pc much better than that, will I be able to play the mod without problems???

Greetzzz

YnAMP is a great mod, I'm relly glad you guys are still developing it. Is there a chance Gedemon will be back, or he finally dropped his work on CivV?

I just love YnAEMP european maps - and I'd love to see the Huge Europe enabled - Large ist a bit to small for me, giant is a bit to giant ;-)

Is there a chance you could enable it?

Or could you just tell me how to do it?

Hey guys,

I hope someone can help me. I have a problem with YnAEMP when I try to activate the Mod Finland (Mannerheim) (BNW), too.

I will get a lot of errors in the Database.log and the menu is bugged, as you can see it in the attachment. So the errors will not occur when I deactivate the Mod of the custom Civilization, but I don't understand what's going on there because the Civ-Mod supports YnAEMP..

This is the Database.log:
Code:
[73354.828] near "CREATE": syntax error
[73354.828] table Civilizations_YagemStartPosition already exists
[73354.828] In XMLSerializer while building table Civilizations_YagemStartPosition from file XML/YnaempTables.xml.
[73354.828] no such table: Civilizations_AmcWestMedStandardStartPosition
[73354.828] In Query - insert into Civilizations_AmcWestMedStandardStartPosition('Type', 'X', 'Y') values (?, ?, ?);
[73354.828] In XMLSerializer while updating table Civilizations_AmcWestMedStandardStartPosition from file XML/CivilizationsStartPos.xml.
[73354.828] no such table: MinorCiv_YagemStartPosition
[73354.828] In Query - insert into MinorCiv_YagemStartPosition('Type', 'X', 'Y') values (?, ?, ?);
[73354.828] In XMLSerializer while updating table MinorCiv_YagemStartPosition from file XML/MinorCivStartPos.xml.
[73354.828] no such table: Resource_YagemRegionPosition
[73354.828] In Query - insert into Resource_YagemRegionPosition('Type', 'X', 'Y', 'Width', 'Height') values (?, ?, ?, ?, ?);
[73354.828] In XMLSerializer while updating table Resource_YagemRegionPosition from file XML/ResourceRegionPos.xml.
[73354.828] no such table: Resource_YagemRegionExclude
[73354.828] In Query - insert into Resource_YagemRegionExclude('Type', 'Resource') values (?, ?);
[73354.828] In XMLSerializer while updating table Resource_YagemRegionExclude from file XML/ResourceRegionExclude.xml.
[73354.828] table Civilizations_YagemRequestedResource has no column named Req5
[73354.828] In Query - insert into Civilizations_YagemRequestedResource('Type', 'Req1', 'Req2', 'Yield2', 'Req3', 'Yield3', 'Req4', 'Yield4', 'Req5', 'Req6') values (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?);
[73354.828] In XMLSerializer while updating table Civilizations_YagemRequestedResource from file XML/CivilizationsRequestedResource.xml.
[73354.906] no such table: YagemCityMap
[73354.906] In Query - insert into YagemCityMap('civilization', 'X', 'Y', 'ERA_ANCIENT', 'ERA_CLASSICAL', 'ERA_MEDIEVAL', 'ERA_RENAISSANCE', 'ERA_INDUSTRIAL', 'ERA_MODERN', 'ERA_FUTURE') values (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?);
[73354.906] In XMLSerializer while updating table YagemCityMap from file XML/CityMap.xml.

There must be something wrong, when the Finland Mod tries to update the tables of YnAEMP, this is the CivilizationStartPos.sql of the Finland Mod. I am not sure, but it seems that both Mods (YnAEMP and Finland Mod) try to create already existing tables:
Code:
--==========================================================================================================================
-- Civilizations_YagemStartPosition (Earth Giant)
--==========================================================================================================================
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS Civilizations_YagemStartPosition(Type, X, Y, AltX, AltY);
INSERT INTO Civilizations_YagemStartPosition
			(Type,							X,		Y,		AltX,	AltY)
VALUES		('CIVILIZATION_FINNS',	30,		78,		null,	null);

I hope someone can help me, because I tried out different new Civilizations with YnAEMP-Support and all Mods gave me these errors.

Attachments

• 2014-12-11_00001.jpg
    2014-12-11_00001.jpg
    323.8 KB · Views: 460
hi hope someone can help, i am trying to use the map only. i want to play a game with the map with ruins and a lot of resources. this is because i have middle earth civs and Cs mods and want to play on the largest world map there is, with the mod civs and firaxis ones.

i have tried saving out the map from a game and using it with a new game - there were resources but no ancient ruins at all. tried using the blank map - ruins but no resources whatsoever. used world builder to scatter resources and it wont make enough of any resource other than food; very few strategic and almost no luxuries are placed. world builder seems to have a fixed amount it distributes, and i dont know if its because it doesnt recognise the giant size and defaults to huge or what. i cant spam the scatter resources because it removes the previous scatter before redoing it, when what i really want is to do 3 or so scatters and KEEP the previous scatters.

so do i HAVE to place resources manually? or is there some way to use just the giant earth map and generate resources, and still have ancient ruins spawned? im not bothered about TSL since arnor or mordor or the CS dale and laketown dont have one (well new zealand isnt big enough lol). i do want the richest resources because i enjoy the games more like that. hope someone can answer, because im stuck now since i cant find much help with google.

hi hope someone can help, i am trying to use the map only. i want to play a game with the map with ruins and a lot of resources. this is because i have middle earth civs and Cs mods and want to play on the largest world map there is, with the mod civs and firaxis ones.

i have tried saving out the map from a game and using it with a new game - there were resources but no ancient ruins at all. tried using the blank map - ruins but no resources whatsoever. used world builder to scatter resources and it wont make enough of any resource other than food; very few strategic and almost no luxuries are placed. world builder seems to have a fixed amount it distributes, and i dont know if its because it doesnt recognise the giant size and defaults to huge or what. i cant spam the scatter resources because it removes the previous scatter before redoing it, when what i really want is to do 3 or so scatters and KEEP the previous scatters.

so do i HAVE to place resources manually? or is there some way to use just the giant earth map and generate resources, and still have ancient ruins spawned? im not bothered about TSL since arnor or mordor or the CS dale and laketown dont have one (well new zealand isnt big enough lol). i do want the richest resources because i enjoy the games more like that. hope someone can answer, because im stuck now since i cant find much help with google.

I'm not sure, but could you save the map, open it in worldbuilder, and clear the resources and set them to random?

longtime Civ5 player, first time poster/mod user

trying to install this, and everything installs first, but for some reason, it doesnt come up with the "custom game" button, and there is nowhere in set up game i can change it to use the mod.

even tried using the older mod which just requires selecting in "set up game"

anyone know any way around it? (ive also tried deleting Civ 5 cache and restarting) and no luck at all

just for a little more background....ive also tried installing via steam workshop now as well, no luck at all.

In YnAEMP (I checked v.22 and v.23 - the same result) map setup I cannot choose any FIRAXIS civ, without the mod all basal civs are present.

I found the buggy civ - it was Barbarian Invasion Gaullic Civ.

YnAEMP updated:

Again, I hope that Gedemon does not mind my having taken such a liberty as to update his mod, but I cannot bear the thought of playing on misshapen continents generated by the *swearword,* and then I cannot bear to play on a RL location without TSL!

• Cleaned up a couple of database errors
  • Fixed TSL issues with the Polynesia map
  • Removed the custom city-states
  • Added new maps: Aegean, British Isles, North-West Europe, Caribbean, Pacific, Mediterranean, Africa, Nile Valley, Americas, Asia, North-East Asia, North Atlantic
  • Added Bison and Cocoa, as well as Barathor's More Luxuries luxuries to the resource exception lists, thanks to Danmacsch
  • Checked that the TSL values for the Giant Earth are working, and they are.
  • Scaled up Rapa Nui and added Isla Sala y Gomez on the Giant Earth map
  • Adjusted Australia on Giant Earth map as per TPangolin's request
  • Corrected issue with GreatestEarth map table, which may fix issues reported in the CP subforum
  • Corrected Zulu TSL on the Africa map
  • Removed TSL values for my civs on the Giant Earth map, to prevent incompatibility, and for custom civs on Appennine, South Pacific, and South East Asia
  • Added option to set "Only TSL" and "Totally Random" for major civs, akin to the CS option
  • Various changes to the Huge Earth map, thanks to Janboruta
  • Added missing TSL values for various City-States, and adjusted TSL for Brazil, Germany, Aztecs, and Songhai, for the Huge Earth map

All new maps have TSL for vanilla Civs and City-States (some have been squeezed in), as well as resource exception lists and Natual Wonder placement where applicable, but I'm open to suggestions for starting resources, more accurate TSL co-ordinates, etc. However, I will not be adding internal support for modded civs; that's a ridiculously labourious task to expect. It will be up to the mod author to add support for the new maps, so go pester them. However, I have left custom support for the Apennine, South Pacific, and East Asia maps as they were in the original update for now. And thanks to Danmacsch for having done some of the work for me!

Download

I have a problem with the updated YnaEMP, and it's the City-States. I'm not sure if it's an issue of using Community Patch, but this is what happens: in the game setup if I set City-State placement to "Only TSL" or "Random and TSL", the City-State number slider is locked at 0 and no City-States appear on the map. When set to "Random" placement, a desired number will appear, but not in true start locations. Didn't have such an issue with earlier version, and I don't know what could be causing it :( I was using regular Huge Earth map.

I wonder, maybe it's caused by some of the new civilisation mods I have and its TSL tables. It'll take some time to nail down though.

Awesome update, loving the new maps! I'll get onto assigning TSL values as soon as I can. One thing I have noted - is that on the Pacific map, Australia lacks an Uluru.

JFD, when you get a chance, can you move the Shoshone closer to Great Salt Lake? Maybe on 135x 67y on the Giant Map.

I was reading up on them, saw some maps of Native American tribes and it turns out their Capital City should be located just north or northeast (depending on the ynaemp map chosen) of the lake.

Also I couldn't really find info on the Iroquois. All I know is that they are supposed to be south/southeast of Lake Ontario. So I'm guessing somewhere like 155x 68y on the Giant Map as well.

I'd leave the Iroquois where they are for now - Canada needs some room to breath (since it's coords are at 153x 68).

Large Earth and Huge Earth didn't work for for sure. Didn't bother checking other maps, as I don't tend to use them.

Odd, as I didn't touch those two, but will investigate.

Awesome update, loving the new maps! I'll get onto assigning TSL values as soon as I can. One thing I have noted - is that on the Pacific map, Australia lacks an Uluru.

Will do. And didn't you want something done about Australia on the Earth map? Refresh my memory and I can look into that.

JFD, when you get a chance, can you move the Shoshone closer to Great Salt Lake? Maybe on 135x 67y on the Giant Map.

I was reading up on them, saw some maps of Native American tribes and it turns out their Capital City should be located just north or northeast (depending on the ynaemp map chosen) of the lake.

Also I couldn't really find info on the Iroquois. All I know is that they are supposed to be south/southeast of Lake Ontario. So I'm guessing somewhere like 155x 68y on the Giant Map as well.

No problem, will move the Shoshone over. Is this on all maps, or just the Giant Map? I'll admit, I just plonked the Shoshone anywhere, so any co-ordinates you can provide for any of the other maps would make my job easier. I'll give it a go, nonetheless.

Top Bottom