Civilization Request Thread

Emphatically agreed. Love that flavor.

Where are the idea givers?
Oooo, rain! Finally!

Go Tradition, get Legalism, forward-settle your angriest neighbour with a Compo Bow or two, watch the Culture roll on in from your Burial Cliff. This Civ is badass. =]

Well there seems to be a lot of positive comments on my Chachapoyan civilization idea! Maybe Leugi (whenever he gets back) or some other modder will like the idea and make it.

How about a microstate pack? I think it would be really cool to have Liechtenstein, Andorra, San Marino, Monaco, the Faroe Islands in game.
As far as their UU/UA/UB? Hell if I know.
Monaco would obviously be best for commerce.
The Faroes should get a bonus to every worked fish and whales tiles.

Beyond that, I have no clue. Open to suggestions though, of course.

Someone suggested this a while back, actually, and I've been meaning to get around to cooking up some ideas. Oh well.

Also, welcome to the forum! Enjoy your stay. =]

First, updates to my Malta Idea

Spoiler Malta :
Malta
Bias: Coast
Capital: Valetta (Displaces City State)
Leader: Jean Parisot

UA: Fortress Island
For every 5 Combat Strength a city has, a city produces +1% Culture and +1% Tourism. Every time a City kills an enemy unit, points are contributed towards your next Golden Age.
UB: Torrijiet ta' Wignacourt
+7 City Strength, +25 City Health, Defensive buildings in the city are 25% more effective, and the city's ranged attack has range increased by 1. Replaces Castle.
UU: Knight Hospitaller
When located within a city, can use an action (Similar to the way Portugal's Nau works) to place a Free Hospital in the city in question. Each Knight Hospitaller can only use this ability once. Replaces Knight.

---

Malta is primed for Medieval war, with the Knight Hospitaller able to quickly allow captured cities to grow, and the Torrijiet proving long-range defenses.

Fortress Island emphasises defensive buildings, at very least wanting most cities to gain the Walls and the Torrijiet.

Malta should either go for an early-game domination win using Knight Hospitaller to quickly get new conquests running and assisting in the war effort, or a late game cultural victory using the Tourism Boost.

As for a Micronation, they're interesting... but tricky, since they have so few features. More islands are needed... let's introduce the Channel Islands :D

Or, at least, my favourite Channel Island, Jersey. Famous for Jersey Milk.... guess what resource we're going to see a lot of!

Spoiler Jersey :
Jersey
Bias: Grassland
Capital: Saint Hellier
Leader: ???

UA: Jersey Cattle
Cattle resource provides an additional +1 Food and +1 Gold.
UB: Wildlife Park
+2 Happiness, +2 Science. Replaces Zoo.
UU: Farmer
In addition to other Worker Abilities, a Farmer builds Pastures and Farms at +50% Speed. Farmers can also remove a Sheep, Horse or Cattle resource from an allied or neutral tile (Removing any Pasture already present), and can later place the same resource on any tile where it could spawn, replacing the original resource there and removing any uncompatible improvement (Can only hold one such resource at a time). Replaces Worker.

---

Mechanically, Jersey is really focused on Cattle. Moving Cattle inside Jersey borders provides some very good tiles, and Jersey has the highest potenial for +1 Culture from Pastures. The Farmer is highly complex, and quite prone to accidentally destroying Aluminium et. al with Cattle Movement, but can surround Jersey Cities with what are arguably some of the best.

The Wildlife Park isn't incredible, but +2 Science is perfectly servicable for Happiness.

As per usual I'm open to ideas on names, because I am the sort of naming genius that will likely name his children "1", "2", "3", and so on. And I can't find a decent leader for Jersey.

And doing Micronations seems fun. Quite a challenge to figure out unique things - Jersey is relatively easy, but I'm still a little shaky on the UB (Perhaps I'll change it to a stable upgrade for maximum god-tiles, perhaps the ability to breed cattle)

Hey, at least you didn't name all the units after the weapons they used coughcoughFiraxiscough. =]

Another weird civ idea born out of a friend's request:

Chiloe

Leader: Martín Ruiz de Gamboa

UA: Minga: Civilian units can transfer movement points amongst themselves. Selling a building in a city provides a one time discount for the purchase of that building in another city.

UB: Chilotan Church: Replaces Temple. +1 :c5faith: Faith for each religion being followed in this city. +1 :tourism: Tourism for each religion being followed in this city after the discovery of Globalization.

UU: Warlock: Replaces Inquisitor. Cannot Remove Heresy, instead increasing Religious pressure from cities it is Garrisoned in. Instead of protecting cities from Missionaries and Great Prophets, it has a 50% chance of converting them to your civilization when performing such action.

A very flavorful Civ, hope the hyperlinks provide enough explanations about everything. It is also fairly straightforward; a heavily Religion focused civ, just that it's one that takes a really unique approach to it. Somehow I really liked the way it ended up looking like.

Bonus: Peace Music and War Music

Well, this idea is nice, but the UA seems not powerful enough...
Welcome to civfanatic!

My first post here, hi!

Basque Country

Leader: José Antonio Aguirre

UA: Zazpiak Bat Reduces ideological pressure by 25%. Free social policy upon finishing Exploration.

UU: Whaler: Replaces Fishing boat. +1 :c5gold: and +1 :c5production: from Sea resources

UB: Sagardotegi Replaces Windmill. +5% Culture
+2 Production
+25% great person generation
May be built in all cities
The UA is very weak. People rarely go exploration and defending against ideological pressure isn't that big a bonus.

Problems I'm seeing here:
1) You're practically forcing people to go down a certain social policy tree if they want any benefit from their UA, which people generally don't like. Although this is a relatively minor issue.

2) I haven't been able to find any moddable value that controls ideological pressure - hence, AFAIK, ideological pressure cannot be changed. (Can someone confirm that?) Even if it could be, I don't think the change could be limited to one civ, even with several messy workarounds, since it would almost certainly be a global value.

3) Work boats generate additional yields...? Did you mean that the improvements created when the work boat is used generate additional yields? Because units themselves are physically incapable of generating any kind of yield, except with messy workarounds with lua. Maybe.

4) UU is just kinda weak. Although this is also a relatively minor issue compared to the impossibilities of other unique components.

Maybe they just mean a UI that replaces Fishing Boats, which I think might be doable. Possibly. Iunno, I haven't done much research into that sort of things. But yeah, bang on about the other stuff, though, it's too bloody weak by half. How about this?

---
The Basques (Jose Antonio Aguirre)
Start Bias: Coastal
UA: Zazpiak Bat
Every Social Policy Tree Finisher decreases the :c5culture: Culture cost of Social Policies by 25%. +2 :c5culture: Culture and +10% :tourism: Tourism in the :c5capital: Capital for each Policy in Exploration.
UU: Bando (replaces Pikeman)
Generates a flat boost of :c5culture: Culture every time the unit heals back to full HP from below 33% HP. Starts with Amphibious and Charge. Upgrades to Musketman.
UB: Sagardotegi (replaces Windmill)
1 Engineer Slot. +20% :c5production: Building Production bonus. +2 :c5culture: Culture if a Military Land Unit is garrisoned in the City in which it is built, rising by +1 for each Promotion the unit has. Has no terrain requirements.
---

I tried to capture what you were going for with this, but I'm... not sure how successful I was. Anyway, the bandos (as I'm sure Leon is aware) were groups of hangers-on and general levy-pikemen that spent a lot of time beating the tar out of each other in a series of increasingly bloody conflicts between noble families of the Basque region, collated under the umbrella term "The War of the Bands". Insert terrible music-related joke here.

The rest, well, I tried to give it a more Culture/Warfare bias a la Monty, who is my bestest fwend, but in keeping with the whole "additional resistance to Ideology Pressure" deal... which is basically what Tourism is. I limited it to Exploration because a) the bonuses are too good, b) the policies in Exploration really aren't that bad, and c) if you're a Culture/Warfare Civ, you know you want them Antiquity Sites, especially the hidden ones. That's sort of why the UB does what it does as well - soldiers, after all, drink like fish in my admittedly limited experience.

Alright, it mostly comes from Sharpe novels, but what's a girl to do? =]

Pelest Version 2.0
+
Potential 4 culture from garrison
+
Lower social policy cost

I believe its a little unbalanced(i would like to play with this civ, though)
If the UA would be +5% culture and +5% tourism, it will be more balanced.

Thanks to all of you for warm welcome!
With the "ideological pressure" thing I wanted to create UA that will refer to basque people' proud of their uniqueness (nationalism?), their unique language. Whaler unit was meant to show their whale-meat trading history. I should have thought about some iron-trading reference.
I love the changes that Scapegrace proposed and I'd love to see other civfanatics take on Basque-country civ.
cheers:D

I think Greater Europe is planning a Basque Civ.
It may be based on Medieval Navarre, but still, Basque civ. Somehow, when I think fishermen it makes me think more on Galicia than the Basque country really, Basque makes me think more on the plethora of military units through their history...

Edit: If LS's Tibet and the Finland mod are anything to go by, there are ways to meddle with ideological pressure.

Top Bottom