Requested Mods

I would like to see a modpack that sets the entire game in the stone age. From Cavemen to Bronzeworking. To give you an idea of what I mean, I'm talking the time period portrayed in the first age of empires.

There was a great mod for CIV IV called stone age which added three new eras to the start of the game, but then the rest of the game followed. I would like to see the bronze age end up being the end game era.

I doubt this will ever be made, if only I had the necessary skill myself. If there were any Civ game I might finally decide to learn the world editor on it would be this one.

Main problem though is with the imporved graphics, I imagine custom graphics would be even harder to make.

Oh and of course, Rise of Mankind for Civ V

I would like to see a modpack that sets the entire game in the stone age. From Cavemen to Bronzeworking. To give you an idea of what I mean, I'm talking the time period portrayed in the first age of empires.

There was a great mod for CIV IV called stone age which added three new eras to the start of the game, but then the rest of the game followed. I would like to see the bronze age end up being the end game era.

I doubt this will ever be made, if only I had the necessary skill myself. If there were any Civ game I might finally decide to learn the world editor on it would be this one.

Main problem though is with the improved graphics, I imagine custom graphics would be even harder to make.

The gameplay parts of something like this could probably be done just by changing XML files, unless you wanted more special mechanics (though there are some gameplay changes that XML could accomplish alone, such as delaying farming, or delaying some other improvements, which would change a game significantly.)

Here's an idea. Maybe Modders can categorize and team up on similar mods. Mods seem to be organized around REALISM, Improved Gameplay/AI, THE FUTURE/SCIFI, THE STONE AGE, FANTASY, and OTHER PLANETS/SPACE ; why not band together around these concepts and work together to create core mods which can be easily adapted to one's own personal tastes. All these mod categories could work off a core mod like REVDCM which incorporates the majority of the collective best new ideas.

I'd definitely like to see something like this. (In previous civilization, Fall from Heaven and Final Frontier seemed to get squeezed into these roles, but doing the "generic fantasy mod", "generic planets mod", etc. first, than working off that, might help a lot of other mods along.)

As for me, the main thing I'm looking forward to are any sort of Fall From heaven type mods, or the above "generic fantasy mod", partly to play, and partly to work off of. Though, of course, I'll be looking around for some others to see how they get produced.

Improved AI warfare.

Joint attacks with multiple units.

A unit(s) with an ability to hide and ambush other units that walk by (or on the tile).

More ways to create battlelines other than forts... Towers for archers for increased range, diverting streams to change the river paths. Medic camps which can increase the healing of a unit.

Better policy trees (more well thought out). Synergies between policies that you have chosen.

Tone down power of city states.

Tech diffusion mod (playing on really hard difficulties is very hard to catch up with the current tech tree).

Better ways to deal with happiness on large/huge maps on very hard difficulties (seems handicapped extremely to play vs A.I. on diety on huge).

I like a lot of the ideas already mentioned as well namely:

-increase variety of city states and missions they ask for
-religious city states and factions of city states
-overhaul buildings
-rise of mankind type mod
-revolutions mod
-more tech choices
-government system in addition to policies

Graphics mods for sure... The game feels way too fancy to take it seriously. Nature looks so all-perfect and smooth. It's disgusting!

@ all you who are asking for a Civ V RoM
There are plans for a Civ V version of RoM / AND

@ people asking for the ICBM's return
As one of RoM's mod-modders (ANM more specifically) I am also anticipating converting my mod(s) for Civ V and that will include the return of the ICBM... Which I'm already working on via raw xml files (proves tough to make a modular mod when trying to work around the mod hub without the proper tools)

Harbor tile improvements. City boundaries are so big now, it annoys me even more when half of a city's tiles are in the ocean, yet you can't build any ships or coastal buildings/Wonders.

I imagine it might be possible by adding a Dock building once you research Sailing. It would only be available if the city has a coastal tile somewhere in it's radius. When finished, it adds a Dock tile improvement to a coastal tile, and flags the city as a coastal city. You could get fancier, by having the Harbor upgrade it, etc., but it's not as necessary. I think the hardest parts would be testing if there's a coastal tile in an owned hex, and then placing newly built ships on that hex.

I see some of you are complaining about the production speed and general lack of production. I think it is rather intentional move of gamemakers and it constitutes Civ5. Enrich this game, but do not make it Civ4 back.

The gameplay parts of something like this could probably be done just by changing XML files, unless you wanted more special mechanics (though there are some gameplay changes that XML could accomplish alone, such as delaying farming, or delaying some other improvements, which would change a game significantly.)

I'd definitely like to see something like this. (In previous civilization, Fall from Heaven and Final Frontier seemed to get squeezed into these roles, but doing the "generic fantasy mod", "generic planets mod", etc. first, than working off that, might help a lot of other mods along.)

As for me, the main thing I'm looking forward to are any sort of Fall From heaven type mods, or the above "generic fantasy mod", partly to play, and partly to work off of. Though, of course, I'll be looking around for some others to see how they get produced.

That 'generic' mod idea is actually not bad at all... Don't know if I see it happening unless someone sets out to do it on their own, but still, not a bad idea.

If you like fantasy mods, you may well like Eden when it comes out (need DLL access to put in several core mechanics; They reach into every aspect of the game, so rather important for the mod :p).

Improved AI warfare.

Joint attacks with multiple units.

A unit(s) with an ability to hide and ambush other units that walk by (or on the tile).

More ways to create battlelines other than forts... Towers for archers for increased range, diverting streams to change the river paths. Medic camps which can increase the healing of a unit.

Better policy trees (more well thought out). Synergies between policies that you have chosen.

Tone down power of city states.

Tech diffusion mod (playing on really hard difficulties is very hard to catch up with the current tech tree).

Better ways to deal with happiness on large/huge maps on very hard difficulties (seems handicapped extremely to play vs A.I. on diety on huge).

I like a lot of the ideas already mentioned as well namely:

-increase variety of city states and missions they ask for
-religious city states and factions of city states
-overhaul buildings
-rise of mankind type mod
-revolutions mod
-more tech choices
-government system in addition to policies

Tech Diffusion will be included in a scenario I'm working on. :p

Harbor tile improvements. City boundaries are so big now, it annoys me even more when half of a city's tiles are in the ocean, yet you can't build any ships or coastal buildings/Wonders.

I imagine it might be possible by adding a Dock building once you research Sailing. It would only be available if the city has a coastal tile somewhere in it's radius. When finished, it adds a Dock tile improvement to a coastal tile, and flags the city as a coastal city. You could get fancier, by having the Harbor upgrade it, etc., but it's not as necessary. I think the hardest parts would be testing if there's a coastal tile in an owned hex, and then placing newly built ships on that hex.

This should be possible. Could probably be done with just Lua and XML, but it would be clunky; Doubt it would be very difficult to do once DLL access is available.

I see some of you are complaining about the production speed and general lack of production. I think it is rather intentional move of gamemakers and it constitutes Civ5. Enrich this game, but do not make it Civ4 back.

Yes, it was. The whole point was to reduce the number of units in the game (which HAD to be done, with 1upt; Imagine that setup with the average number of units you had in civ4? You wouldn't be able to move!), and get you to specialize your cities.

-Hitler Mod (Legit one without bias)
-History in the making (current leaders)

Top Bottom