MP Mod Manager

It appears that when you play with mods that adds extra buildings, everyone except for the hosts will loose their buildings if the game resyncs which happens often.

Is this an issue with the game or the mod manager? Because its quite irritating

Hope JdH does not quit the project after this much effort. Please give us an update regarding the recent issues, we would appreciate it.

I was looking for a simple way to mod the game in multiplayer for a long time. This project is GREAT! Keep up the good work : )

i keep getting errors when loading communitas it says

'communitas ai and tools (v3)' wants to use 'ai/aiattackforces.xml' for onmodactivated updatedatabase, but this file is not in the files list!'

there are to other errors like this as well

whats up with that?

Excellent mod, but still getting these "null" offers from AI civs mid-late game with a standard scenario, where AI civs offer you e.g. luxury resources and gold for free and in the 'quote field' mention about open border or research agreement, or needing a particular resource (without actually asking for it from us in return). They always accept the null deals in offer, which feels like cheating.

Me and my wife are both using same mods from Jaiiderherr's own Steamworks collection: JdH's usability and immersion improvement collection

Does the load order in MP mod manager actually matter when using these, should the AI mod be first or last in load order?

Hopefully bugs get ironed as this is really fun when it works. And we haven't had no crashes so far, which is really great. Would sending a save file help?

We still receive "xx is not using JDH mp mod manager, xx will be kicked in 30 seconds" error. Are we the only one having this issue?

the best way to play mtuiplayer with mods is to just edit the core game files, if you take a mod file and put it into the core game files, the mod works for example raze all citys CvGameCore_Expansion2.dll - make it so you can burn down all citys even capital citys.

so what u do is you open the mod in mod folder raze all citys and copy the CvGameCore_Expansion2 over the one in
C:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\Expansion2

and bingo the mod works.

you can only use one mod at a time that changes the CvGameCore_Expansion2 other whys you end up with issues like constant load screens or mod just not working right.

even when using in the in game mod manager for single player you can only use one mod at time that changes theCvGameCore_Expansion2 at least form my experience that been the case.

when me and my friends used the JDH mod manager - we ran into same issue if we where trying to run two or more mods that changed the CvGameCore_Expansion2

it would end up with alot of load screens and things just would end up not running correctly.

best way to fix this issue is if modders would just when they create mod not complie it into the CvGameCore_Expansion2.dll but release the core source files that they edit and insturctions on where they made the changes.

that way every day people can just load the free tool kit on steam and copy the file that needs to be changed or make change them self - and we could compile our own CvGameCore_Expansion2.dll file with more then one mod in it.

two mods I know that will not work to gether is the razeallcity and the JDH MP Dipolamcy mod with the mod manger or even by them selfs it is ether one or the other it seems.

I'd like more insight on this mod manager's installation process.
There's a setup program but it doesn't make a proper directory in the user's system
The start menu shortcut doesn't point to the executable but calls some windows function unfamiliar to me
Opening the file location in task manager points to a folder structure covered in gibberish

Why did you opt to make your executable run like this instead of a conventional program? I'd appreciate if more details were released as to what exactly this program does to a user's system.

Just wanted to ask if this project will be going on. I love what you do, but there are still most of the mods we cannot use because they need sql.

But great work so far!

Just wanted to ask if this project will be going on. I love what you do, but there are still most of the mods we cannot use because they need sql.

But great work so far!

Yeah, is there a timeframe for SQL support?

Question -- any idea why some mods seem to lead to crashes every turn or two (once you reach a certain point), and some don't?

I have a problem with the MP Mod Manager by using WIN8. I have install all like the direction in your post and it's working by using win7. But if i try to use MP Mod Manger by win8 dosn't work. Do you know why?

OH MY FAIL, SORRY! EVERyTHING IS GOOD!!!

GREAT JOB MEN!!!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

I have a problem. When I try to open Mod Manager I rececive a next message: "Civ install path not found". What is a problem?:confused: Please answer me and help to play civ 5 BNW multy with mods.

I also have the problem "the host does not have the mods". I tried it lots of times and I am unable to start a MP game :(

Jaii der Herr, you did a GREAT job, but this little detail it is very problematic. I wish you just removed the mod verification at the game creation.

Getting an error when playing with a friend while it works fine with other ones. Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this? It's really annoying and I have no idea what is causing this.

Attachments

• err.png
    err.png
    67.7 KB · Views: 985
I am having a problem with the mod manager. When I join a game with my friends on multiplayer the text box will say
"PackaPunch has mods that the host doesn't:
(list of 3 random mods)"
This doesn't go away if I deactivate those mods listed. If I do do that, then it will just list 3 OTHER mods. It picks them completely at random. Any ways to fix this?

@PackaPunch99
What I found which can help on occassion, launch your game normally and deselect all mods there ( dont unsubscribe just disable them ) then close the game properly and launch with JDH mod manager. maybe this helps?

@horstp I had this issue before, you might actually have an outdated version of the mod.
It occured that I had v3 and the person I was playing with v4, closing the game, starting it normally then going into mods and updating the mod from there fixed it for me.

Bug report: I can confirm some mods (like Communitas) also present me loading errors: http://prntscr.com/82z50t

General FYI update:
The mod manager is not completely dead, JdH has replied recently to his steam topic of the active AI mod and has mentioned still working on things. I can only imagine life is busy for him, I have hopes of seeing fixes get implemented in due time or the source getting released on his official retirement.

This mod manager and his Active AI mod are some of my favorite and most valuable mods out there.
Hoping for some updates soon.

Top Bottom