Anno Domini Rise of Cities edition

Anno Domini: Rise of Cities edition (latest version dated November 9th 2016) 27

Hi Rob,

This mod looks awesome. I'm anxiously awaiting playing as the Illyrians.

I have Civ 5 Vanilla with the very latest patch applied through Steam. In order to play the best/most current version of the mod, what do I need to do? Is Gods and Kings or Brave New World the best version for Anno Domini? Do I need to install Gods and Kings first, and then Brave New World, or only one or the other? The version of Anno Domini I downloaded is "Anno Domini (BNW) (v 8).rar." Is this the latest/best version?

Please let me know the best and quickest way to upgrade my vanilla Civ 5 experience to enjoy this mod. Thanks!

Hi Rob,

This mod looks awesome. I'm anxiously awaiting playing as the Illyrians.

I have Civ 5 Vanilla with the very latest patch applied through Steam. In order to play the best/most current version of the mod, what do I need to do? Is Gods and Kings or Brave New World the best version for Anno Domini? Do I need to install Gods and Kings first, and then Brave New World, or only one or the other? The version of Anno Domini I downloaded is "Anno Domini (BNW) (v 8).rar." Is this the latest/best version?

Please let me know the best and quickest way to upgrade my vanilla Civ 5 experience to enjoy this mod. Thanks!

Thanks for the comments! The mod requires both G&K and BNW and all of the DLC except for the map packs. I know it's a lot and that some mods don't require all of this, but I made a decision not to compromise on the quality of leaderheads, units and buildings that were available via Firaxis.

Ah. Is there anyone with the knowledge of how to? I am completely lost.

There are threads in the modding reference and tutorials section of this forum. I'd start with the newbie guide, which also links to other guides and tells you what they specifically do. It can be found here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=493900. If you get stuck, you're best off starting a new thread in the main Creation and Civilization forum (the forum this thread is in) as more people are likely to see it. People who aren't interested in Anno Domini wouldn't check here, and that would include people who would be able to help you.

Hi all,
I've just started playing this mod, and I'm so excited! I've been looking for a valid antiquity mod for long time, and now my search has finished.
I'm getting lost in the mod site, greedy reading all the detailed descriptions of Civilizations and other mod's features.
Thank u so much!

Oh, wait, i forgot to report a 'bug': i must say that ALL the female leaders are extremely sexy. Maybe too much!
(of course isn't a bug, but I'm serious, several female leaders are heavy distracting.. :p )

Oh, wait, i forgot to report a 'bug': i must say that ALL the female leaders are extremely sexy. Maybe too much!
(of course isn't a bug, but I'm serious, several female leaders are heavy distracting.. :p )

You GOTTA BE kidding on me...
BTW, playing with this mod is pretty hard... smi are very cool though...

Okay i finally managed to play a long(amazing, awesome, extremely good,etc.:goodjob:) game with anno omini(with an English, up-to-date version of the game), and i figured some things out:

1. Huns should be redone. Atilla in anno domini is the worst warmonger I've ever seen. He got his army destroyed twice,:then i eventually captured his one city...
2.too much limestone(that needs balancing).
3. Event problems: pergamon altar event happened before i was even able to build it, and some events seem to happen again and again, which is kinda annoying.
4.i think there's bug: city states gift the same unit each time.(city states gift only a specific unit, though its a different unit for each city state.) I got to say, i built a very strong archery force because of this, so its a nice bug.

Sorry to annoy you.

Hi there,

I finally got BNW and the remaining DLCs when it was on sale around Black Friday, sooo finally I could play your awesome-sounding overhaul rather than making one myself with next to no modding experience. From what I've seen so far, it IS awesome and tons of fun. So in order to give something back, I'm keeping a log of bugs, buglets, and nitpicks in order for you to get the feedback you need to make this even better. (I know that massive projects like this one depend on the community to find minor stuff.)

So without further ado apart from a big THANK YOU for making this, here's my list after the first 4 hours testing:

-----
Played as Mycenae on King difficulty, Marathon. The only other mods enabled were IGE, Unlimited Barbarian EXP, and Fast Marathon Train and Construct, none of which should produce a conflict.

AI:
- Unmet player entered Anno Aeris era on turn 1
- Unmet player entered Anno Aeris era on turn 11
- Unmet player entered Anno Aeris era on turn 41
--> Get early access to Herbs and Spices through Ancient Ruins because free techs for AI bonuses haven't been updated (King --> Pottery even though now there's one tech in between)

POLICIES:
- Piety not greyed out when not available
- Aesthetics adoption tooltip not updated

UNITS:
- Promotion Ambush (vs Armor) available for melee foot soldiers (unnecessary but just leave it if you don't want to touch the Promotion tree for compatibility or whatever)

CIVILOPEDIA:
- Iron and Copper texts need to be swapped (early vs. late game resource)
- Silk Civilopedia text missing

SUGGESTIONS:
- More trade routes (2 + Wonders is very few, unless I've missed something while looking over the tech tree)
-----

Again, thank you so much for undertaking this epic poject, I've always wanted a proper Ancient World overhaul instead of using the Era mods that basically just cut the game short (but are still great).

Keep up the good work!

Update:

EVENTS:
- Clumsy Diplomat: Option 3 not working properly (no unit received but still influence decreased)

SUGGESTIONS:
- World Congress project: Tower of Babel (with three different benefits for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place)
- Continuation of Scout upgrade tree so each era has one (e.g. Scout-Explorer-Outrider-Vanguard-Harbinger, resulting in a transformation from foot to mounted in the 3rd era)
- Incorporate Health system into Religion (because praying for health has always been a major point of religion)

Unedjis, welcome to Civfanatics and thanks for the feedback. Some nice suggestions in there as well, like the Tower of Babel. Keep it coming;) :cooool:! I'll work through it when I work on Anno Domini again. I've got some holiday around Christmas and the New Year, so hoping to get quite a bit done :).

Unedjis, welcome to Civfanatics and thanks for the feedback. Some nice suggestions in there as well, like the Tower of Babel. Keep it coming;) :cooool:! I'll work through it when I work on Anno Domini again. I've got some holiday around Christmas and the New Year, so hoping to get quite a bit done :).

You saw my post, right?:p
Okay, there's really,really too much limestone. I got like 95 limestone now...
Btw, why the Longbowman has a penalty vs. Cities?

Yes, I have seen all of your posts and will consider the limestone and longbowmen when I get back to modding in a week or so.

I believe you've seen the new barbarian invasion mods, so i hope you will make them part of the anno domini civs(i know anno domini already has those civs, but combining designs could be really nice).

Hi there,

thank you, I wasn't sure if my nitpicks were adequate or welcome. But I'll keep them coming, as promised. I'll put them in Spoiler tags this time because reasons.

Spoiler :
AI:
- Some civs (observed with Frisii, who had 2 at the same time once, and Kushan) don't use their Great Prophets even though religions can still be founded

BUILDINGS:
- Chariot Builder: Mobility promotion not working for Three-Man Chariot (but possible conflict wit Promotions Expanded)
- Health from buildings (Well, Medic) doesn't seem to be working or doesn't show up

WONDERS:
- Dam of Ma'rib: +Food not working

TECH TREE:
- Sailing: General tooltip says Dock imports Ivory

EVENTS:
- An old man comes to court: Consequence text for first option ("Tell him to begone ...") missing

OBSERVATIONS:
- AI cities keep dying from the Plague (only the luckiest can expand) --> makes it easier for human player
- Even conquered City States can die from the Plague
- Limestone too easy to come by, Marble too difficult (only in coastal cities, civs that spawn far from the sea are screwed)
- Jericho's describing adjective is "Canaanite" --> intentional?

Now, about the World Congress. I think it could be called into session an era earlier so there is more time for resolutions before it's all about World Leader. Resolutions are fun. When I suggested the Tower of Babel as a community project, I wasn't aware it was already in the game as a normal Wonder. However, since "historically" (hah ... let's not turn this into a religious debate, please ;) ) the Tower of Babel was an "international" project (or rather the one that caused internationality to first manifest), it would be fitting. As would something like the Olympic Games or similar festivities/contests. So, here are some more concrete suggestions for the World Congress:

Tower of Babel (project): Built to speak to God, basically, and also the most massive construction of its time, so it should be a mix of Faith and Production. Also, it called the wrath of God upon the presumtuous people, so why not make it so that only the chief contributor gets benefits while the rest suffers penalties? I don't know if that's possible because in BNW, the winner gets all three benefits, but if it is, it might be an interesting mechanism.
1st: Divine Inspiration - A free Great Prophet appears. A free Great Engineer appears. Double Faith output for 20 turns. [Maybe only 2 out of these 3. But then again, winning should be worth it.]
Rest: Language Confusion - Science reduced by 50% (or so) for 20 turns.

Olympic Games (project): Like the International Games in BNW (I think you took them out?)

Religious Festivities (resolution): There is a Wonder, the Bacchanalia, that already sort of covers this, but this would be sort of like the World Religion in BNW. You need to pick a religion first, then pass the resolution to have these festivities - that only give benefits to those following said religion, of course. Benefit could be +1 Happiness for each city following that religion. Or +2 Happiness, -5 Gold to simulate the cost.

Anyway, enough for now. Let me know what you think!

Edit: Not quite enough. I forgot about the Limestone. I think the problem is that there are too many buildings that give you free Limestone, and then it's available on the map, giving +10 units each. And too few buildings require it. Maybe if some Wonders like the Pyramids required more Limestone (like, 10 or something), it would balance things out a bit. Or just cut the +Limestone of each building in half. (Btw, why does the Stonemason give +Limestone? Doesn't he rather use it than mine it?)

EDIT edit: Also, I concur that Attila should be rebalanced. He has a BIG penalty being unable to train settlers, and no apparent benefit. His other trait isn't at all stronger than any of the other civs' and only facilitates his warmongering if there's lots and lots of Sheep and Cattle and Horses around. Haven't looked at the units, but unless they are MUCH stronger, there needs to be some positive side to not being able to found new cities (which I find very fitting, btw, so keep that in by all means).

Thanks for the feedback and again, I'll be going through it when I'm on my Christmas break. I've not had the same experience as yourself and Natan35 with limestone, though I guess that it might be to do with the fact that I like to play with a number of civs on a tiny map, so we're all competing for resources - hence the value of others playing it on their set-up! Perhaps the stonemason should become the "marble exporter" or something like that!

I will play with anno domini again soon... will try to find some more room for improvement at a 99% perfect mod....

No problem, I'm just posting what I find so you can have a look when and if you choose to. :)

As for the Limestone, it's a bit like Iron and Horses in Vanilla. At the very start, they're rare but as your empire grows, you have boatloads of it and nothing to do with it. I usually play on the biggest map size on Marathon, so it's LONG games. And I get as many City State allies as soon as possible, which intensifies the "problem" (which really isn't one, no actual need to change it in my opinion) because every one of them will build a Warehouse (and other resource buildings) rather sooner than later, so the basic resources are available in vast quantities.

No problem, I'm just posting what I find so you can have a look when and if you choose to. :)

As for the Limestone, it's a bit like Iron and Horses in Vanilla. At the very start, they're rare but as your empire grows, you have boatloads of it and nothing to do with it. I usually play on the biggest map size on Marathon, so it's LONG games. And I get as many City State allies as soon as possible, which intensifies the "problem" (which really isn't one, no actual need to change it in my opinion) because every one of them will build a Warehouse (and other resource buildings) rather sooner than later, so the basic resources are available in vast quantities.

Its much more. I got 98 limestone. Its not like horses and iron, its way more(besides, you can't use limestone as much as you use horses and iron)

There are a lot of buildings that limestone is a pre-requisite for. Academies, bathhouses, colosseums, frankincense merchants, hippodromes, jewellers, mastabas, guard towers, plazas, thermopoliums and triumphal arches all require a unit of limestone (and can be built in multiple cities; also there's a dozen wonders which all require two units. Many of the buildings come towards the end of the game; could it be that you're simply not using the limestone due to your strategy? Someone who is a builder might actually run out of the resource...I normally do.

How many cities do you have in your example and how much have you actually used the limestone?

Top Bottom