A Civ of Thrones - Development Thread

The new Stark UA text was too much long for the screen, so i have abbreviated it, it's understood that the Resource Claiming still occurs within its working radius:

Founding cities reveals all tiles within its working radius. Cities founded on or adjacent to Snow or Tundra receive more Food on those tiles and Faith from Forests, and claim all unclaimed resource. Combat bonus within own territory.

Is there a way to set the text's dimensions in XML? Actually is impossible to add even one other word to the Stark UA :sad:

Just make one of those attributes from the UA a part of the UB.

The mines seems to me more for the expansion tree, it could have the Great Pyramid effect ( Tile improvement construction speed increased by 25%. Two free Workers appear near the City. ). I must think if make this changes to the wonders :crazyeye:

The Hightower is already picked by Navigation as you can see :p

The mine idea is very good. And I didn't notice about the Hightower....

You can understand them observing the civ UA: for example, the Tyrells are oriented to the commerce and to the conquest using their strongest cavalry, while Stannis is focused on a "Religion War" and Renly, instead, on surrounding himself of many allies (then the player can choose to play defensively for a diplomatic victory or to force his opponents to declare war for a conquest victory )

So, this is what I found:

:c5culture:Renly:c5influence:
:c5faith:Stannis:c5strength:
:c5war:Balon:c5moves: (naval & coast)
:c5war: (desert) Oberyn :c5food:
:c5gold:Tywin:c5strength:
:c5strength:Robb:c5food: (both tundra)
:c5war: (horses) Olenna :c5food:
:c5moves: (naval & rivers) Edmure :c5rangedstrength:

I will like to see something similar to national wonders, like in Gedemo's civs. The national wonders of the seven kingdoms can be the castles and the night watch NW can be the wall. Every wonder will have bonuses of the focuses of the civ or something diffrerent. It's a nice idea and not a big one, but I can see you mod perfect without him (But I want this idea).

I asked to bane to write the necessary lua functions and he has already done the job ( missing few things ).

The idea is that the FreeFolks can found only a "classic" city, the capital, that represents the Mance Rayder's base camp, the other cities will change their position every x turn and cannot produce anything, however they still claim territory and resources and, additionally, sends production and gold to the capital ( more far cities will send double production and gold, but only every 2*X instead of every X turns ).
Moreover these special cities have the chance to spawn military units (plus settlers, workers, musicians and great generals, but with a lower probability ).

Thats a way better idea then mine! I didnt know it was possible to create a different form of a city in Civ5. That would be an incredible experience to play as them!

I will like to see something similar to national wonders, like in Gedemo's civs. The national wonders of the seven kingdoms can be the castles and the night watch NW can be the wall. Every wonder will have bonuses of the focuses of the civ or something diffrerent. It's a nice idea and not a big one, but I can see you mod perfect without him (But I want this idea).

I love that idea!

I had no idea this existed until someone showed it to me but now I am super excited. This looks like a really stellar mod already. Looking forward to seeing where it goes!

By the way, the spoilered description for Robb's UA is the same as Germany's UA.

This looks like a hell of a mod. I really look forward to it. I am a huge fan of both Civ and GoT.
What I would like to ask is whether you know more or less when it will be released? I mean if it would be possible, it would be great to be released now during the summer vacations, so we can enjoy it. :)

If I could help somehow, I would be more than willing...

Hey guys just checking back in with 2 things;

1. How's the mod progressing along?

2. How many civs will be in the initial release? And which ones?

By the way, the spoilered description for Robb's UA is the same as Germany's UA.

Description updated. Thx for the text-error report!

What I would like to ask is whether you know more or less when it will be released? mean if it would be possible, it would be great to be released now during the summer vacations, so we can enjoy it. :)

I dont know when the mod will be released, however i can tell you that it's a lot more probable that you will be able to play ACoT at september/october cause in august i will be in vacation with my family and few days with friends.

Hey guys just checking back in with 2 things;

1. How's the mod progressing along?

2. How many civs will be in the initial release? And which ones?

1. Need to make Arryn, Night's Watch, FreeFolks plus changes to World Congress, map and maybe something about the wonders.

2. Arryn, Baratheon (Renly and Stannis), Greyjoy, Lannister, Martell, Stark, Tyrell, Tully plus Night's Watch and FreeFolks.

UPDATE - Added an alternative leader for the House Tully: Ser Brynden Tully, The Blackfish!

Awesome! Is picking him going to alter the attributes of the Tully's?

I didnt know you were doing Nights Watch the first time around.

What kind of attributes were you planning for the Nights Watch and The Arryns?

Brynden is very cool!
Did you think about making uniques to him or you want him like now?

What do you think about my idea about castles?

And for the focuses of the night watch I recommend you to do them defensive-production civ. Defense- they defense the wall and the seven kingdoms. Production- they were needed to have many production to build the wall, weren't they?

Awesome! Is picking him going to alter the attributes of the Tully's?

What kind of attributes were you planning for the Nights Watch and The Arryns?

1) Yes!

2) The Arryns will be led by Lysa. I know that none cares about this character, however she is necessary for the War of Five Kings Scenario ( after the release i will add Baelish). This civ will be neutral (and so defensive) like the JFD's Switzerland and cultural.

For now i have only an idea for the Night Watch: the ranger, a mounted unit capable of recruiting other units when he is in other civs capital.

Brynden is very cool!
Did you think about making uniques to him or you want him like now?

What do you think about my idea about castles?

And for the focuses of the night watch I recommend you to do them defensive-production civ. Defense- they defense the wall and the seven kingdoms. Production- they were needed to have many production to build the wall, weren't they?

1) I think Brynden is ok, you will not able to play with both the Tully leaders.

2) I have done this with the Thrones, instead of castles: Direwolf (or North) Throne, Seastone Throne, Dorne Throne ecc

3) Defensive for sure

1) I think Brynden is ok, you will not able to play with both the Tully leaders.

2) I have done this with the Thrones, instead of castles: Direwolf (or North) Throne, Seastone Throne, Dorne Throne ecc

3) Defensive for sure. For now i have only an idea for the Night Watch: the ranger, a mounted unit capable of recruiting other units when he is in other civs capital.

1) OK

2) Thrones is also a cool idea.

3) What does it mean when he is in other civs capital? What I understood is that he needs to conquer capitals and then he will recruit or he needs to move to conquered capitals. The problem that I found is that you said the night watch is defensive, and the bonus is offensive. What I suggest you is to give them the ability to move in the areas of other civs without open borders.
For the second UU I have some ideas: a) Raven: When kills an enemy, he will heal x hp. b) The Wall: A national wonder that gives some big defensive bonuses. Also an option for a wonder or for the throne. c) Builders: Replaces worker. Build faster, can attack and when the enemy lose more hp, earn production to the nearest city.
The UA name can be "the watchers on the wall", "the sword in the darkness" or something like that from the night watch's oath.

4) Will Baelish will be like Brynden (same uniques like Edmure but a different leader and flag) or he will have uniques?

Would I be able to play this mod multiplayer? Me and my friends really wanna play this together.

Would I be able to play this mod multiplayer? Me and my friends really wanna play this together.

Aren't Civ5 mods single player only? I thought they all disabled achievements and multiplayer, because Firaxis had some weird concerns.

Aren't Civ5 mods single player only? I thought they all disabled achievements and multiplayer, because Firaxis had some weird concerns.

More or less. People are inventive (even more in the 'modding area', go figure :lol:).
There is today, as far as I am aware, two ways for playing multiplayer with mods; one being transforming your mod into a DLC, making it available with the 'quick play' and other non-modded plays; the other being a 'tool' that makes your mods work in multiplayer, as long as both player use the same 'tool' with the same parameters.

I don't like MP, so I may be missing some other form or how they work, but this is informative enough for your question, I believe. :)

3) What does it mean when he is in other civs capital? What I understood is that he needs to conquer capitals and then he will recruit or he needs to move to conquered capitals. The problem that I found is that you said the night watch is defensive, and the bonus is offensive. What I suggest you is to give them the ability to move in the areas of other civs without open borders.
For the second UU I have some ideas: a) Raven: When kills an enemy, he will heal x hp. b) The Wall: A national wonder that gives some big defensive bonuses. Also an option for a wonder or for the throne. c) Builders: Replaces worker. Build faster, can attack and when the enemy lose more hp, earn production to the nearest city.
The UA name can be "the watchers on the wall", "the sword in the darkness" or something like that from the night watch's oath.

4) Will Baelish will be like Brynden (same uniques like Edmure but a different leader and flag) or he will have uniques?

3) The idea is to make the Night's Watch a special civ, that cant declare war to the other civs (or be declared), except for the Free Folks. So the ranger will be able to recruit soldiers in the other civ capitals to defend the continent. This is the base idea, however there is a problem (cause i would like to stick to the story) : the Night's Watch can't win the game cause they can't conquest capitals (No Domination Victory), they can't be involved in politic, so they will not be able to have diplomats/spies and vote at the King Council ( No Diplomatic Victory ), they are only warriors ( No Cultural Victory)...this is why i choose to make them as a city state. However they have sense in a scenario, like for example the "Wildlings Invasion", in which the Night's Watch will be called at defend the realm from a massive invasion and the victory is given when all the freefolks are killed. However we can always work with imagination and make that a diplomatic victory means new lands assigned, a cultural victory instead a culture so strong to influence the freefolks...oh i dont know :S

4) No, he will have uniques.

Would I be able to play this mod in multiplayer?

Not immediately, sorry!

So the Night's Watch will be a city state with special powers? (And Kings Landing similarly?)

Cool to see progress, the Arryns look ok. Given the history it'd be cool to have Brynden be a leader possibility for both the Tullys and the Arryns, but that'd be too much probably.

I'd nevertheless suggest not having "Family, Duty, Honor" twice as the name of the UA, either give Edmure something like "Land of Rivers" or Brynden Tully something like "The Blackfish". I'd also have the UB be a "riverside castle", just sounds more ubiquitous than a single one. Floating Gardens also sound too Aztecy, why not dock, pier or ferry? I'd like ferry. (And why Lord Stable instead of keeping Ducal Stable? Thermae instead of Baths? Also "Age of the Seven Kingdoms" instead of "Seven Kingdoms Age".)

Hope you don't mind me pointing out semantics (and that's all this is ;)) Just suggestions, you're doing good work.

Top Bottom