Hyperion's Moon Base

bane_

Howardianism High-Priest
Welcome, fellow Vault-Hunters modders, we of Maliwan took over the Moon Base after Jack met his eventful end now bring you a new service! Finally you can ask for Lua (Moon, get it?) snippets while shooting a SMG AND sipping your Maliwan Black Label AT THE SAME TIME*!

After some off-time, I'm finally back to Civ5 modding. :)

I know there is already a topic for Lua requests and a beginner's tutorial made by a very handsome man, but I thought offering help would be cool. Also, since I prefer to work on more than one code at a time, you will also be helping me. For FREE! How cool is that?

So, fire away. :)

One little note of very little importance: I CAN'T MOD USER INTERFACE YET.
Thank you, back to your normal schedule. :)

Requests?
Available / Unavailable

Code to do
(All codes until number #5 - including it - are being worked on, the rest are in wait)
0. Whatever Regalman needs, at any time.
1. Ulixes Locks of Love
2. Gilgamesch Two codes, one cup.
3. Monty_Droppings Atlantis vs. Aquaman.
4. Viregel Brotherhood and Unity.
5. Danmacsch A Caravan towards Your Heart.
----
6. Belzhorash Teleport crazy.

Done
Belzhorash So. Many. Negatives. (see solution here)
Civitar Plenty.
RSJ87 Zombiemaster.
Bcpbte Oyceetbytyh Yeheuoc God's work.
Viregel S3cr3t Project.
Unknown Blanka???
Shadow-y User Ainu.
Ulixes Great People according to Era. (*check this)

* Maliwan does not provide extra arms nor is responsible for any harm done while drinking, shooting and typing.

Hi bane_, glad you're back ! :)

Like you, I had to take a break with modding for some time but I'm planning to return soon to work on my project (and maybe,finally, learn some lua properly :blush: ).

There's something I'd really like to see and I hoped someone in the community could find the idea interesting enough

Basically I wish to give a "minimum era" to great people names.
So that, for example:
Machiavelli can't spawn before Renaissance
Picasso, Borges, Einstein not before Modern Era
Dickens not before Industrial Era
Pink Floyd not before Atomic Era
Homer not before Ancient Era (so he can spawn at any Era)
and so on...

I don't know how difficult could be to make such code and I hope to not ask too much.
The fact is that, with the vanilla system, I cannot insert a movie director (like Orson Welles) or a photographer, because it would be ridiculous to see it in the middle age... :confused: (I tried creating new Great Persons but it is only a partial solution)

not mentioning that Salavdor Dalì was a famous medieval painter and Stanley Kubrick was the most famous movie director of the renaissance... :)

I hope you find this a good idea, and, hopefully, not too hard to make, thank you in advance for your time and keep up the good work!

Wait, so this is essentially a Lua request thread? If so, thank you for doing this. :D Assuming I have understood the premise of this correctly, may I request a couple of civ uniques (that may or may not require a person of your talents to code, and might exceed the definition of "a couple")? I'd prefer to send them via PM regardless if you're up for it, as it would be cool to spook people with the uniques once they're out. :p Again, thank you for doing this!

I should remove the 'couple' from the OP. :lol:
I really don't care the size. As long as I find it fun, I'll take it!

Yes, no problem if you prefer to send it via PM, as long as you give me a 'nickname' or whatever to put in the list. I just need the answer from Ulixes first, because he was the first one to post here.

Hey! Thank you. :D
I'll take a look into that, but I always thought there was - in the base game - already a soft-lock for Great People and Eras, isn't that the case?

If you mean a way to link a GP to an Era in xml, not as far as I know.
In "CIV5Units.xml", the table "Unit_UniqueNames" (where all the GP names are stored) has UnitType, UniqueName, GreatWorkType.
So, unless I'm missing something, there's no way to do it with xml :(

P.S.: If you succeed to do this, I will put you among the Great People :D (information era, of course)

I don't think so.

I made a test with great generals some time ago, reloading many times in the classical era, and all sort of names spawned randomly with no limitation.

I remeber also that, in a particularly long game, all Great Scientist names were been used before the renaissance so that the GS born after were simply "great scientist" with no name.

About Newton: you need "Apple" resource near the city. ;)

I've a couple a few some a lot many lua codes you could look over for me, once I get back from Thanksgiving vacation. :D Hope you're up to the challenge...

Nice. Expect a crapload of code requests and reviews piled up to the roof in a PM in a couple days. 20+ if I were to estimate, so i'll let you pick and choose which ones to do. I think most of them are or should be fewer than 50 lines.

Also, what's the connection to Hyperion here? :confused:

Nice. Expect a crapload of code requests and reviews piled up to the roof in a PM in a couple days. 20+ if I were to estimate, so i'll let you pick and choose which ones to do. I think most of them are or should be fewer than 50 lines.
Sure, shoot.

Also, what's the connection to Hyperion here? :confused:
Borderlands 2 story arc. Maliwan is my favourite manufacturer.

With regard to the Great People names. From my testing in preparing the Civ-Linbked Great General Names mod (or did I call it Civilization Appropriate General and Admiral Names on the forum ?), great people names are picked entirely at random from the valid list the game has after all mods have loaded.

With Artists, Musicians, and Writers there is no method short of some kind of DLL intervention to control the great work name that is attached to a great person with name X. When the Firaxis code spawns these types of great people, it picks a name, grabs the name of the great work that goes with them, and in some way not too clear associates the great work X with the great person X. Whoward checked into it for me and there is no way through lua to assign Great Work Name X with Great Person X. All we have is a swap set method to swap set great works between to buildings. So far as I know, nothing was added in the recent patch.

I attempted to get my great person renaming lua to work for Artists, Writers, and Musicians. I can create a civ-specific list of each type of great person, and I can make the lua re-name from the randomly-generated Great Person to one correct for a civ, but the great work correct for that great person does not follow along with the re-naming of the great person. Even trying to do a unit kill-then-CreateNewUnit or a direct convert while specifying the name of the Great Person to be used does not result in the correct great work being assigned -- you get random pot-luck.

[edit] From Whoward's response it wasn't clear even if it could be done with a DLL mod. He sometimes (often ?) is still so far over my head that I am not sure I have grokked in full his answers.

[edit edit] See this thread. Strike-through corrections made after re-reading that thread.

After some off-time, I'm finally back to Civ5 modding. :)

Welcome back:D

Also, since I prefer to work on more than one code at a time, you will also be helping me. For FREE! How cool is that?
So, fire away. :)

So because i find your offering very nice :goodjob: , i think we could need some lua code for CCTP.

At this time i have only one idea in mind, but i bet i will come up with some more after some brain storming.

*A lua code for a building that would increase the population of the city it was build in.

PS.

Maybe a more difficult one.

*A lua code that would work similar like the +% bonus for vanilla great peoples (i mean the increase of there birth rate for buildings/policies), but for new added Great People like i.e the Guide (we have a lot of new Great People types in CCTP).

All the best
Gilga

OK, let me know if any of these are flat out impossible!
  • Lords of Ulthuan (UA): +1 Food from Coast tiles, +5 Culture from Mountain tiles.
  • Woodland Ambush (improvement): Invisible to all but the owning player. Instantly kills any unit of any other player (including allies/teammates) that enters its tile and is then removed.
  • Sundered Kin (UA): +3 Faith from kills. +10 Happiness while at war with CIVILIZATION_HIGH_ELVES. +2 Spies from BUILDING_SPYMASTER.
  • Slave Market (building): +1 Happiness and +1 Gold for 10 turns after an enemy unit is killed within 5 tiles of the city.
  • Sea Gate (building): +100% city defense versus naval attack only.

There is more, but these will suffice for a while. Thanks Bane!

[*]Lords of Ulthuan (UA): +1 Food from Coast tiles, +5 Culture from Mountain tiles.

This is doable via hidden buildings f.e., i can help you with that one , wouldnt take much time for me.
Let me know if you need my help.

Top Bottom