FfH2 0.25 Changelog

Could we have unique events depending on government type? Those govt's that are 'weak' would be strengthened with events (theocracy would increase happiness and spread religion with events, aristocracy would add more troops) and those that are too strong would be weaker (City states- secession event would request you to either give money - bribe the city governors or suffer 3 turn unrest in city)

You could see if Jon Shaffer did anything special with the AI in Final Frontier, with regards to tiles taht damage units.

There is a weighting in the pathing code that values the path based on the amount of damage the terrain does. So in general the AI avoids those tiles.

Negative healing for an entire country is a harder nut to crack. The easy fix is to not have units camp and heal if they dont have a positive healing rate in the tile they are in. But the real AI problem comes from determining when its worth it to stomp through a negative healing area, and when you should back out of it.

To be honest (probably the biggest reason I cut negative healing) it is also confusing to new players who wouldn't understand that why their units are half dead after walking through any area. Or why they lose every battle with their units when they dont realize they are half dead to negative healing.

Could we have unique events depending on government type? Those govt's that are 'weak' would be strengthened with events (theocracy would increase happiness and spread religion with events, aristocracy would add more troops) and those that are too strong would be weaker (City states- secession event would request you to either give money - bribe the city governors or suffer 3 turn unrest in city)

Yeah, I think thats a really good idea. PrereqCivic already exists on EventTriggers so its easy to do.

Civic specific events as well as religion specific ones are a must (at least eventually). We can already take the slave revolt event for the slavery civic, plus come up with many more(better ones) of our own. (I would personally prefer if your succession event had another option-turn the city into a colony) The Holy mountain quest fits well with RoK, and the Sacred sea equivalent with OO (Still, I suspect that they both suck compared to the quests specifically designed for FfH)

Personally, I would like the "AV and Order religions can't co-exist in the same city" mechanic to be replaced with a more general "religious riot" type of mechanic (perhaps implemented as an event, perhaps not). Each religion should have a different compatibility with each other one (e.g., The chance of a riot between the Order and the Empyrean is very small if not 0, but the chance of having problem between the Order and AV or between the Empyrean and the Council of Esus is nearly 100%. Other combinations would fall somewhere in between.) Whenever such a riot occurs, the city goes into unrest (as if it had just been captured or as if Purge of the unfaithful was built there), and stays in unrest until one of the conflicting religions is removed. When in unrest, there should be a small chance each turn that one side will be victorious, eliminating the opposing religion from the city (and possibly reducing the population in the process). This could drag on for quite a while, but an inquisition could bring it to a sudden stop.

I love the idea of promotions that strengthen a unit, but limit it to traveling on certain terrains. Great idea, I wouldn't mind seeing it extended to other powerful promotions/units with their own unique movement restrictions.

The mention of limiting units to moving in hell and discussion of hell resources reminded me; we really need to get a hell version of water tiles pretty soon. I know you were disappointed that you couldn't make hells' rivers run red with blood, but that is no reason to not make hell terrain,if only to let us know where hell is spreading. Besides, the civilpedia already describes hells seas not as red, but as black, completely smooth, and reflecting stars not of creation. I'd love to see black water with randomly twinkling colored stars shimmering on its surface. The flavorful effects of upgrading specters to wraiths and occasionally causing units to turn barbarian would also be nice. Even though not mentioned in the civilopedia, I for some reason picture the coasts of hells oceans instead only a little darker, tinged with a sickly green hue, and covered with a thick layer of fog which may extend inland a little. Undead ships like the Sailors dirge would be quite fitting here (perhaps ships at sea that turn barbarian should become undead, start generating skeletons, and patrol the coasts). Lets not forget unique Hell resources. I'm thinking sea serpents and cephalopoids are in order.

I don't expect any of these things to be implemented immediately, but they could be nice once we actually get into Shadow.

Yeah, I didnt convert the slavery, holy mountain or blessed sea quests because we will create more specific religious questiosn for each of the religions. And I didnt implement the "order and veil cant coexist" mechanic in the BtS conversion because of exactly what you mentioned, I was to trigger events if they are both in the same city that could end up with one or the other getting thrown out.

A few screenshots from my latest game.

1. The Avatar of Wrath and what used to be the Calabim empire:

2. The new world size has a ton of space:

3. What would a game of FfH be without the creeping domination of Hell:

Hey, love the FFH2 mod sufficiently that it is the reason I joined these forums, this is my first post ever. Basically, thanks for totally re-invigorating an already cool game for me; you have effectively doubled its value for me in terms of number of fun hours for the dollars I spent.

Anyhoo, I post not just to thank you, but to make a small request (If I violate the "don't make feature requests" post, I apologize, I think this post is in line with similar posts in this thread that have been responded to, but...).

so, would it be possible to get a function that allows the new "unique features" to be set to 100% appearance in the world rate?
I don't know about others, but I play in order to "get" everything I can; I'll start a war with a civ. over owning a wonder more than any other reason I think; knowing that my great civilization could never ever have the taste of the sweet necter that is the fruit of Yggdrasil would depress me immensely:)

Thanks again ~ JWSIII

welcome to the forum JWSIII.

and i agree with The above post. A setting to allow 100% spanw rate of the features would be good.

I dont know. I'll be interested to get your feedback after you play with them.

The reason I hesitate is that one of the reasons we added unique features is to make every game different. If we allow the player to play with all of them every time then it makes away much of their value.

We actually get similiar requests each time we add a new feature. Players really want to try out the new stuff so they want them to be pushed to the forefront. When we implemented Hyborem, players wanted Hyborem to be a threat in every game so they could play out their ultimate battle game. But that would get dull after a while. It goes all the way back. When I first added Orthus players wanted to make sure Orthus spawned by them because they wanted to fight him and didnt like having a game where they didnt get to do that.

I know that game options allow players to play the game they want to play, and Im all for that. I'll think about it. Let me know what you guys think after it releases.

I will say that if you really want all the unique features on your map its real easy to change it even without the game option. You just need to use notepad to edit the GlobalDefinesAlt.xml file and change the IMPROVEMENT_UNIQUE_CHANCE from 25 to 125 or so (greater than 100 because the world size effect the chances and the smallest world size is -15 or so).

it dosnt seem that alignment affects the rate that hell terrain moves. wasnt good civs supposed to have less hell terrain entering their civs?

It depends on the armageddon count. It enters unowned tiles at 25, evil tiles at 50 and neutral tiles at 75.

I care about it for both. Having TWO radically different civ-esque games for the price of one has GOT to be the biggest bargain ever. I get tired of recreating our history, I click the FfH short-cut and get to play a fantasy game! And vice versa. The shortcuts sit next to eachother on my desktop...

I think that what you suggest would also make Marathon speed more balanced but didn't this implementation introduced some SMALLER unbalancement to heroes:
-heroes probably too much nerfed because often heroes have >90% chance to win a combat(not that i like combats with a such great chance of success), it would mean that hero wouldn't get any experience from a greater part of combats.
I don't remember the exact break-down for XP rewards, but going off memory it was something like this:
100% battle - no XP (makes sense, no?)
99.9% battle - no XP or 1 XP (depending on some rounding, I suppose)
<99.9% - XP rewarded as normal

When I'm using a unit that I don't want to lose (i.e., hero or highly promoted regular unit), I generally don't fight any battles lower than 99.5%. But, 99.5% - 99.8 still give the normal amount of XP as before.

What it comes do to is: Why should you get XP from a 100% battle?

-hero promotion really overpowered, because after 100 turns, heroes have already 100xp which means that often you have 99,9% combat success unless you are attacking a city with garrisoned archers.It makes hero experience relying too much on that promotion, and makes combat experience for heroes negligible.
100 turns is a long time. Plus, given my explanation above, I don't see how it can be deemed overpowered.

All I know is, if this isn't implemented in FfH, I'll be doing it myself. It's a simple configuration change, so I don't mind. Perhaps I'll change my mind after playing regular FfH with it (instead of BtS Civ and FfH: AoI).

Hey, in the v24 thread there were some folks having a problem with no city interface and this python error

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvScreensInterface", line 709, in forceScreenRedraw

File "CvMainInterface", line 719, in redraw

File "CvMainInterface", line 1390, in updateSelectionButtons

RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception

I read the thread from page 17 or so when it was first mentioned to the front, trying to catch each post with it mentioned (didn't read all the post in thread fully so might of missed something on it mixed in) Was curious was this ever fixed? I know kael said he couldn't reproduce it and I tried each of the options he suggested (deleting and renaming some of the interface files, reinstalling the game under default paths) but still get it even with current version 24v. Real eager to try 25 and see if it works, Haven't been able to test since 24i or so due to this error.

Hey, in the v24 thread there were some folks having a problem with no city interface and this python error

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvScreensInterface", line 709, in forceScreenRedraw

File "CvMainInterface", line 719, in redraw

File "CvMainInterface", line 1390, in updateSelectionButtons

RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception

I read the thread from page 17 or so when it was first mentioned to the front, trying to catch each post with it mentioned (didn't read all the post in thread fully so might of missed something on it mixed in) Was curious was this ever fixed? I know kael said he couldn't reproduce it and I tried each of the options he suggested (deleting and renaming some of the interface files, reinstalling the game under default paths) but still get it even with current version 24v. Real eager to try 25 and see if it works, Haven't been able to test since 24i or so due to this error.

I dont know if its fixed since I ant reproduce, but its seems isolated to certain computers. Loki also has this problem as I recall.

This is one of the reaosns I wanted to start over with 0.25 (instead of another patch). If you have an error and I dont then there must be a difference between our buidls or settings. Im hoping that getting everyone to redownload so we know everything is the same will get this taken care of (things get a little jumbled through 20 patches).

Top Bottom