BUFFY & HOF Mod Releases

If it is the shader files than the only way to get them is to re-install and patch with the older BTS patches first (i.e. 3.13, 3.17, 3.19). Assuming it doesn't violate the anti-priacy CFC rules, I'll will put the missing files on the HOF Site. I am waiting for a ruling from the admins.

I'm running BtS 3.19 with BUFFY-3.19.003. I copied the UserSettings directory from BUFFY-3.19.002 to BUFFY-3.19.003 (after saving the current UserSettings by renaming to UserSettings.org).

The green cursor circling the current unit has always displayed while running MapFinder until I installed BUFFY-3.19.003.

EDIT: I'm running BtS on a MS Windows Vista 32-bit. This happens in both Windowed Mode and Full Screen Mode.

BTW, running BtS MapFinder in Full Screen Mode is still pointless, since the JPG file created is still of the MS Windows Vista/7 Screen rather than the Game Screen.

Sun Tzu Wu

This alleged BUFFY-3.19.003/MF bug seems to be related to switching between BUFFY-3.19.003 for generating new Game Starts and BUFFY-3.19.002 to play a few BUFFY-3.19.002 Games that I have generated Game Starts for.

I just resumed a BUFFY-3.19.002 Game and when I finished a unit's turn, the Game doesn't move on to the next unmoved unit; a red cursor simply circles the unit that I just completed the move of. I have found that pressing the W key will move the cursor to the next unmoved unit, which is a reasonable work-around for a handful of units.

Can someone please tell me whether installing BUFFY-3.19.003 and switching between BUFFY-3.19.002 to play and BUFFY-3.19.003 to run MF could cause this issue?

I switch between these two BUFFY Mods via two CivilizationIV.ini files whose major difference is:

Mod = Mods/BUFFY-3.19.002

Mod = Mods/BUFFY-3.19.003

Is this not a valid way to switch between these two Mods?

Sun Tzu Wu

MF uses the normal mechanism to save games, and you cannot use a game saved with mod X in mod Y. So I must be misunderstanding the steps you are taking. Why would you want to generate MF saves in one mod to play in the other mod given that the two mods are essentially the same?

What you describe matches one of the normal game settings on the options screen, something like "Move to next unit". It means you have to manually switch to the next unit to issue new orders. I don't see why switching mods would switch your profile settings unless you are using two different My Games folders.

MF uses the normal mechanism to save games, and you cannot use a game saved with mod X in mod Y. So I must be misunderstanding the steps you are taking. Why would you want to generate MF saves in one mod to play in the other mod given that the two mods are essentially the same?

Yes, you misunderstood me. I'm finishing a Game started with BUFFY-3.19.002 and when I'm not playing that game, I'm running MapFinder with BUFFY-3.19.003 to generate new Game Starts, a few of which I will play at some future date.

What you describe matches one of the normal game settings on the options screen, something like "Move to next unit". It means you have to manually switch to the next unit to issue new orders. I don't see why switching mods would switch your profile settings unless you are using two different My Games folders.

Thanks, this tip solved the issue I was having. The Option is called "No Unit Cycling" and I wasn't even aware such a thing existed. Evidentially, it got set accidentally on the same day I installed BUFFY-3.19.003. I almost never change anything in the Game Options; what file does it save these Option changes to? The CivilizationVI.ini did not change when I cleared this option. Everything is working as expected now, after resetting that option.

BTW, the pre-Chopping function of BUFFY-3.19.002 works perfectly, especially the mouse over a Forest tile which reports the # of turns left to Chop (that is if the Forest is partially chopped). Prior to that I'd usually mess up one or more pre-Chops per Game, ouch!

Thanks,

Sun Tzu Wu

Switching the CivilizationIV.ini file should be okay. I assume that you are stopping civ4 to make the change. I use separate shortcuts but the principle is the same. I ran MapFinder too make sure it was behaving normally. I didn't switch back and forth between mods or try to replicate the ini file thing. Have you altered any other setting in your ini file?

Just to be sure I understand, the current unit indicator is a moving 'white' segmented ring on my machine. Unit recommendations are 'blue' circles that come up if the settler is selected. I assume you are talking about the former. Is there some setting or mod that changes the color?

If you have any graphical mods you might want to back those out to make sure they aren't the issue.

Switching the CivilizationIV.ini file should be okay. I assume that you are stopping civ4 to make the change. I use separate shortcuts but the principle is the same. I ran MapFinder too make sure it was behaving normally. I didn't switch back and forth between mods or try to replicate the ini file thing. Have you altered any other setting in your ini file?

Just to be sure I understand, the current unit indicator is a moving 'white' segmented ring on my machine. Unit recommendations are 'blue' circles that come up if the settler is selected. I assume you are talking about the former. Is there some setting or mod that changes the color?

If you have any graphical mods you might want to back those out to make sure they aren't the issue.

OK, I now see that our last messages on this thread posted on exactly the same minute, so you can probably ignore my response below ...

The only setting in my CivilizationIV.ini I've changed recently is the "variable" that auto loads the BUFFY Mod. For example:

Mod = Mods/BUFFY-3.19.003

My current unit indicator is a blue rotating ring; I've done nothing to change the graphics in any way. Actually, the rotating ring may be blue-white.

The only Mod I'm using is either BUFFY-3.19.002 or BUFFY-3.19.003.

Again, the issue I reported was simply accidentally setting the "No Unit Cycling" option via F11 or <ESC> from within the BtS Game.

My Game and MapFinder are now running exactly as I expect.

Sun Tzu Wu

BUFFY 3.19.003 related

I'm not 100% if this is a bug or not, but I find this highly annoying.

Situation :
I've traded techs with Mali turns ago.
At the moment the diplo bonus is +1 for fair trading.
I've meet Louis and I already got a -4 diplo hit for trading with his worst enemy
(was probably Mansa), but Louis is cautious towards Mansa right now.
The diplo bonus or penalty should be calculated when you've contacted a leader for the first time and not for something that happened ages ago.

Btw, this is the second game where I've noticed the -4 diplo penalty for trading with Mali.
The other game both Louis and Peter suddenly gave me -4 in relations as soon as they met Mansa while I haven't traded with him for a long time.
(I had the +4 bonus for fair trading with Mali)

Is this situation Mali related?
I've submitted a game (HOF competition) without Mansa and I didn't notice anything weird when tech trading.

BUFFY 3.19.003 related

I'm not 100% if this is a bug or not, but I find this highly annoying.

Situation :
I've traded techs with Mali turns ago.
At the moment the diplo bonus is +1 for fair trading.
I've meet Louis and I already got a -4 diplo hit for trading with his worst enemy
(was probably Mansa), but Louis is cautious towards Mansa right now.
The diplo bonus or penalty should be calculated when you've contacted a leader for the first time and not for something that happened ages ago.

Is this situation Mali related?

It isn't Mali related. I noticed same thing when I met Monte in a recent (submitted) HoF Challenge game where I played without contacting anyone but Alexander and Suryavarman up until about 1400AD. Yet when I meet Monte, Charlemagne, Elizabeth... they all have negative diplo modifiers against me for trading with their enemies. I shrugged... this isn't what I expected but figured I just didn't know the game mechanics as well as I thought I did. Maybe something changed in one of the patches? If its a bug, I want my money back. :lol:

I don't think this has changed recently; it's been like that 'forever' ... I always avoid trading with the other continent until I have met them all, when possible ...

Hi peopleoids.

I'm reporting a bug in BUFFY 3.19.003 about prechopping options :
In a multiplayer game (2 people over direct ip connection), if the server computer has a different setting than the client, the game goes out of sync and needs reloading.
This issue disappears after setting the server as the client in the prechop options.

Hope you'll be able to track it out. GJ.

In a multiplayer game (2 people over direct ip connection), if the server computer has a different [Pre-Chop] setting than the client, the game goes out of sync and needs reloading.

Hmm, that's gonna be a tough nut to crack. Either I track options for each player in the SDK (breaking saved game compatibility) and send changes over the network, or I force it on or off in MP games.

Edit: Okay, there are three "mod player options" available, and it looks like they are available on the CvPlayer on each machine. The problem is we are already using two of them for City Governor Builds Workers/Workboats, and Pre-Chop needs two itself. :( I'm very tempted to remove GovWorkers or combine them into a single option.

I can add more options, but that breaks saved game compatibility. Fine for BUFFY since that does it already, but that means different code paths for BUFFY vs. BULL that will cover the same feature, and that's a recipe for disaster.

I'll ponder the options some more . . .

First. I must say that the BUFFY-3.19.003 is a superlative Mod! It will be a long time before I tap into all its wonderful features!

BUFFY-3.19.003 Member Tab:

I don't understand how the Member Tab computes estimated Vote totals. In my Religious Leader Diplomatic Victory games, I see that I only get my own Votes yet I often Win the actual RL DV even just a turn later without any Diplomacy number changing. Note that the AIs are usually in the high Pleased range with most AIs at +8 or higher and some at +7 (with +1 hidden attitude).

Is there documentation that explains how the Member Tab can be used to somewhat reliably predict RL DV or UN DV? Maybe I just don't know how to use the Member Tab effectively. I end up computing the vote totals by hand.

I also don't understand the "poll error" percentage. What does it mean?

An option for Player input to the Member Tab Vote Prediction Process:

Please add check boxes where the Player can place his prediction of each AI's Vote (and thus the Player's guess of the AI's hidden Diplomacy adjustment) and BUFFY can tally the Votes and thus provide the Player with a meaningful Vote prediction.

Sun Tzu Wu

First. I must say that the BUFFY-3.19.003 is a superlative Mod!

Thanks! We love hearing praise of our hard work. Who doesn't? :D

Is there documentation that explains how the Member Tab can be used to somewhat reliably predict RL DV or UN DV?

Ruff knows the exact rules involved, but I can give you a general idea. If an AI is a) on your team, b) your vassal, or c) Friendly toward you, they will vote for you. If Friendly to the other candidate, highest actual attitude wins. Thus we can show you the vote prediction in these cases.

If an AI is Pleased with you, they must have an actual attitude level of at least X (10?). Thus, since the actual attitude level is hidden, BUG cannot reliably predict the result here, so it doesn't even try.

We can't make it any more accurate without making it anti-UG at the same time.

This is a completely cosmetic feature to make it seem like a real-life poll. It's random and doesn't affect anything except the text displayed to you. You can ignore it.

An option for Player input to the Member Tab Vote Prediction Process:

Yes, this is an excellent idea. Send Ruff a cookie and you might get lucky. He's quite busy right now working on speeding up the plot list drawing code, but maybe after that. :)

If an AI is Pleased with you, they must have an actual attitude level of at least X (10?). Thus, since the actual attitude level is hidden, BUG cannot reliably predict the result here, so it doesn't even try.

The actual Diplomacy value needed for an AI to Vote for the Player in a RL DV is +8 (including hidden Diplomacy adjustments) as far as I've been able to determine via relevant forum posts.

We can't make it any more accurate without making it anti-UG at the same time.

What is anti-UG?

Sun Tzu Wu

What is anti-UG?

The Unaltered Gameplay Mantra (UG) is the code by which the BUG developers ply our trade: do not expose any hidden information to the player that isn't readily available in the game or XML files.

I don't understand how the Member Tab computes estimated Vote totals.
Here is the actual page where we spell out what we are doing. I know it is buried in our so <slap> for us for not posting it to our wiki. As EF said, the page is an estimate. We cannot be more accurate without violating our Unaltered Game Mantra (and, yes we do have some pretty lively debates about that is IN and what is OUT). In some rare situations, we have provided user options on debatable items so that they user can be the final decision maker (eg espionage screen showing or not showing AI seeing your demographics and research).

EF has already answered this but let me extend it to say that it is trying to tell the user that the above results are only estimates. Mainly it is the BUG team having a bit of fun :).

Please add check boxes where the Player can place his prediction of each AI's Vote
Very nice idea - but check boxes on screens do not work. I know we have them on the option screen ... but that is a different beast than the advisor type screens. That said - let me think about it ... we might be able to find a work around (like making the leader names clickable and then you click on who you think will vote for you ... sort of like an internal pole that the campaigns do).

We might be able to find a work around (like making the leader names clickable and then you click on who you think will vote for you ... sort of like an internal pole that the campaigns do).

Or show "--" in each candidate column for a rival that BUG cannot predict. You click on the "--" under the candidate to assign their votes to them and it turns into the number of votes in a different color (cyan?) to show that it is user assigned. Click the other "--" do move the votes or click the number to clear the guess.

Nice ... or a '?' or 'too close to call'.

If I want to install Buffy 3.19.003, is it required tu remove the previous versions of Buffy 3.19.002 and 3.19.001 before?

Top Bottom