Age of Discovery - Wishlist

Gomer_Pyle

Prince
Hi

I have a few wishes put down of what I would really love to see changed in this mod. Or if someone can atleast help me to find ways of changing?

• Is it possible to adjust the AI so they do not get founding fathers so bloody quick. It is insane how the AI manage to produce them even.
  • Also the AI europeans really build on top of each other which is really lame. Why do they sail due west and build on first land tile they find??? How to fix this?
  • Is there possible to slow down the money claiming from the king? I get claims almost every turn if I get money. So only way to prevent this is by having 0 gold. How???

These things above is really game killers for me and my friends. Problem is that we can play on lower settings but then everyone is so bloody passive. Governor seems to be the most balanced difficulty.

If anyone could help me along the way in changing this I would be really happy.

Thanks,

Gomer, to your three points:
1) In earlier versions of AoD (and especially in the vanilla Civ4Col), it was fairly easy to scoop up over 75% of the FFs for yourself. Now the only way to get a few is to ruthlessly build political points whenever possible, and even then you really have to choose if getting a given FF is worth it, since that choice will make you wait so much longer for the next. IMHO, while slightly frustrating, this makes the game more challenging and makes the FF mechanism more interesting.
2) I don't see this as a big problem, and any fix would have to address profound AI issues, so it's unlikely to change, ever.
3) Simple solution! Never give money to the king. Let him beg for it as often as he likes, but AFAIK there is absolutely no game advantage in giving the king raw cash. Sure, you have to accept (most of) the tax rises, but that's part of the game.

Cheers, --- Wheldrake

Ok thanks,

The 3rd question I think I wrote it wrong. It is the tax problem. You have to accept the kings money claims or he will raise the tax on you right? So what I am asking now then is it possible to prevent the king from raising the tax very often. In a mp game with my friend I could trade everything while my mate was blocked from europe before 1550. Reason is that the custom house doesnt sell boycotted goods...

3) Simple solution! Never give money to the king. Let him beg for it as often as he likes, but AFAIK there is absolutely no game advantage in giving the king raw cash. Sure, you have to accept (most of) the tax rises, but that's part of the game.
That would be quite sad... I thought giving the king money reduces his anger about you, what on the other hand reduces REF-strength...
If it's as you said, then it should be progged, that the king even NEVER asks for money, because then it's like a nervy popup with content nobody wants and nobody cares :-/
...can anyone clarify that?

but to continue this wishlist:
I'm a fan of the original Colonization from 199x. The only things I prefer in C4Col are: AI is not cheating, AI is (slightly) more intelligent, AI can achive victory... but I'm getting off topic:

My wish is:
implement a new button in the "start-new-game-screen" to toggle the eastern settlers on and off. I don't like seeing Russia or China on the new world... or even worse Australia, that was colonized faaar later ;)
...or tell me here, which files I have to change to kick them out of the game at all!
It is not enough to comment out the civs in the CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml I already tried that out, the game crashes :rolleyes:

I understand, that some guys prefer to see some civs coming from the pacific or love to see some "new" civs...
But for me it would be great, when the good ole Colonization-feeling is not "disturbed by some chinese-australian "Easter"-eggs ;)

...at all many thanks for that great mod...
and many thanks in advance for your help :)

My wish is:
implement a new button in the "start-new-game-screen" to toggle the eastern settlers on and off. I don't like seeing Russia or China on the new world... or even worse Australia, that was colonized faaar later ;)
...or tell me here, which files I have to change to kick them out of the game at all!
It is not enough to comment out the civs in the CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml I already tried that out, the game crashes :rolleyes:

I understand, that some guys prefer to see some civs coming from the pacific or love to see some "new" civs...
But for me it would be great, when the good ole Colonization-feeling is not "disturbed by some chinese-australian "Easter"-eggs ;)
Much more interesting is not "to kick out of the game some chinese-australian "Easter"-eggs", but to give them their regions of colonization. Syberia for Russian and Mongolian civilizations, Asia and Polynesia for Chinese civilization, etc. Exactly this way I develop in "1492: Global Colonization" mod.

That would be quite sad... I thought giving the king money reduces his anger about you, what on the other hand reduces REF-strength...
If it's as you said, then it should be progged, that the king even NEVER asks for money, because then it's like a nervy popup with content nobody wants and nobody cares :-/
...can anyone clarify that?

If you pay the King off you delay the next REF increase by a number of turns related to how much you paid the King.

My wish is:

...at all many thanks for that great mod...
and many thanks in advance for your help :)

Select Custom Game and choose the Civs you want in (don't forget to add in all the Indians). Otherwise, open Civ4CivilizationInfos.xml and change bPlayable and bAIPlayable to 0 for the Civs you don't want in the game (check how I changed both in Pirates for reference).

not sure if this is already inc. in the mod: but

can u add the plantation economy mod into aod2?,

and also: increase the attack values of the king's soldiers slightly, (makes it more realistic, and makes war of independence more difficult) say

Regular Infantry (5 attack, 25% v cav, Drill 1 and 2)
Regular Cavalry (5 attack 20% withdrawal rate, flank attack v cannon)
Regular Artillery (4 attack, 150% attack v cities, collateral damage, max 60% damage)

Veteran Infantry (4 attack Vet 1)
Vet Cavalry (4 attack, 20% withdrawal rate, flank attack v cannon)
Militia Infantry (3 attack)
Militia Cavalry (3 attack, 20% withdrawal rate, flank attack v cannon)
Colonial Artillety (4 attack, 120% attack v cities, collateral damage, max 40%)

cities with under 40% independence rate automatically becomes the kings. King spawns regulars from cities, this makes the war of independence fought both on the frontier and within the colonies...

not sure if this is already inc. in the mod: but

can u add the plantation economy mod into aod2?,

Age of Further Discovery.

and also: increase the attack values of the king's soldiers slightly, (makes it more realistic, and makes war of independence more difficult) say

Regular Infantry (5 attack, 25% v cav, Drill 1 and 2)
Regular Cavalry (5 attack 20% withdrawal rate, flank attack v cannon)
Regular Artillery (4 attack, 150% attack v cities, collateral damage, max 60% damage)

Veteran Infantry (4 attack Vet 1)
Vet Cavalry (4 attack, 20% withdrawal rate, flank attack v cannon)
Militia Infantry (3 attack)
Militia Cavalry (3 attack, 20% withdrawal rate, flank attack v cannon)
Colonial Artillety (4 attack, 120% attack v cities, collateral damage, max 40%)

Play at a harder level. I programmed the REF to get stronger the higher the difficulty.

cities with under 40% independence rate automatically becomes the kings. King spawns regulars from cities, this makes the war of independence fought both on the frontier and within the colonies...

This isn't in any mod as far as I know. Maybe request Age of Further Discovery team to add it. :)

one thing id really like that would actually make it possible to choose elections when you declare indepence is there a way to make it like the original Col wheren i could trade 100 of whatever to the AI and theyd offer 1500 or more for it regardless of value or if they had the money theyd pay it.

as it is now the AI seems to never have money and makes trading with them impossible sure its more realistic but its less fun and this actually made trading with somebody other than europe feasiable. as it is now unless you choose monarchy and dont get slaughetered by the endless man o wars you have no money at all during that war and later on.

perhaps there could be a special slot of AITradeMoney that you see on the trade screen and its permanently at 20 000. then you could have the AI's regular money be used for all of its other functions so ya you never get a clear picture of the AI's funds but at least the AI can trade with you. you could even say before 1550 this fund is only 3000 but then 1550-1600 its 5000 and keep going up so its not grossly broken.

as it is now the AI is really useless in that regard and one of the great things about colonization isnt even close to the original in this sequel.

Top Bottom