Capture Citys -> Natives declare war

*MalagaNt*

Chieftain
After capturing/destroying 2-3 european citys, nearly all natives declare war against me. I think it's because many tiles are owned my several random natives (why?).
Is this intended? Unplayable this way... is there any way to disable this "feature" ?

I noticed some strage AI "political" behavior at times as well. For instance, you encroach some tribe's land, they are ok with it (they don't declare war) and suddenly some other indian tribe becomes furious that you 've stolen their land.

I noticed this kind of strange behavior a couple of times that I regenerated the map and then played the new one. So, I made an hypothesis that if you regenerate map somehow the system mixes the old with the new ownerships of land and it becomes a chaos. So, after that, I just don't regenerate map any more, a few more clicks to start a new game is not so bad in comparison to the time you invest to play a game.

So anyway, if you have regenerated the map and played on the new one, maybe this could be the case, mixed AI ownerships (confussion) and capturing those cities triggered many tribes to be angry at you. I'd be interested to hear if you did so.

On the other hand, I also noticed some times multiple ownership over some tiles from different indian tribes that were neighboring and I consider it "legit" (ok). So you can check this out too.

Regards,

I did in fact several reloads, i think that's the problem. When starting a new game without reload, everything is fine.

Good find, I was wondering wtf natives I was nowhere near were getting so po'd

Yeah, the native land/encourachment is borked especially when you war with a rival colony. It'd be nice if there were a third option besides capture a city and raze it, to return the land to the natives for a big diplo bonus or something.

You capture or raze a city that's too close to the natives, they hang you for it -- again, even if you raze it!

Top Bottom