Interface Not Appearing

Bromtaghon

Chieftain
Hello everybody,
For some reason, whenever I load Fall From Heaven: Age of Ice, the interface never appears. What's odder is that it appears in all my other games, like Fall from Heaven II, Earth18Civs, or any other standard games. I know Ctrl-I and Alt-I minimize the interface, but how do I bring it back?

I don't have a Beyond the Sword/Assets/Python folder. And what does that problem have to do with mine?

If you're using Vista, then try running the game as an administrator, i.e., right-click on the BtS icon in the program list or in the BtS folder and select "run as administrator." For some reason, the FfH AoI scenario is the only one that needs this.

I'm running Vista, but I can't seem to find the BtS folder. Or more, I found one (in Documents --> My Games --> Beyond the Sword), but there's no icon to run Beyond the Sword. Is there another folder somewhere?

@Bromtaghon:

Don't go via your Documents folder. Unless your installation was different, the path to the BtS folder should be something like the following:

C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword

Run BTS as an administrator (right click on the shortcut, go to Properties > Compatibility > select "Run as Administrator".

I had this same exact problem and it worked for me. It sounds ******ed and I cannot think of any possible reason why it makes it work, but it does :D.

I had a similar problem after I installed the BUG mod. Are you running that mod?

Hey guys, I have a small problem...
See, when I bought Civ IV, I bought it in the "complete edition" form, so all the games were automatically installed to my Games folder (I'm running Vista). When I try to move it, it just creates a shortcut, and when I go to the properties of the shortcut, there is no Compatability tab. There isn't even a Properties tab when I right-click the game in the Games folder. Any ideas?

The Games "folder" is not where the game is installed. It's just a shell location in Vista that has a link to the game. It isn't even a folder like Documents or Pictures.

You need to go the where the game is actually installed - probably something like C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Complete\Beyond the Sword or something like that.

Top Bottom