[MODMOD] Age of Further Discovery v0.03 for AoDII v1.12

For some reason the mod doesn't load :( It gets as far as "Loading XML (Uncached)" and then it gives me a ton of errors telling me various units/leaderheads/civs don't work and then it crashes :( I stopped it from loading Custom Assets, and from using Custom XML, but that didn't change things, what am I doing wrong?

where have u installed this and van AoD? did you make sure to rename the orig aod folder before you extracted this??

I saved it in the Mods folder in C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Civilization 4 Colonization\Mods. I don't think I renamed the folder, what should I rename it to? I called it Age of Discovery II.

I saved it in the Mods folder in C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Civilization 4 Colonization\Mods. I don't think I renamed the folder, what should I rename it to? I called it Age of Discovery II.

the folder should be AgeOfDiscoveryII. Did you copy over the old version of AoD? Was it version 1.12?

Hey Aymerick,

Whats the status on this atm? Are you doing another update? Just wondering as for me this has become the defacto version of the defacto update (AoD) or the original game!

Cheers :)

The .exe had an NSIS error. I'm not sure what that is, or if it's just my computer.

OK, I ran into a bit of a brick wall with v1.12 on my vista machine and I don't see any negative food situations...

Here is the situ:
Portugal, 1651, Large world quick speed [the wife gets mad at huge and marathon].
At war with england (1 city now) and russia (5 cities)
many islands and island cities. I have 4 island cities (only room for one town) 9 other cities on 3 continents. Recently built another island town (4th) and after 1651 end turn selected, immediate CTD with normal windows vista error routing but no resolutions. Anything I can provide for further details?

have tried autosave load and replay, i don't buy buildings or ships or anything, just CTD everytime on 1651 end of turn.

Thanks Aymerick. That fixed the problem. :)

I was playing it for the first time today, I didn't get a CTD (but didn't play it the whole way through)

The only comment I have is that the resources aren't quite right in that their icons are purple when they become maxed out in the storage houses.

Otherwise, a good mod. A mod that the vanilla Colonization should've been. lol

the folder should be AgeOfDiscoveryII. Did you copy over the old version of AoD? Was it version 1.12?

I think it was, it was the newest version on the main download page. I did paste it over the old folder and let it overwrite what it wanted to.

Anyone knows of a place to host files?

For all of my files that are over 10 MB I use WePlayCiv, because it has no file size limit. Which is why WestwardHo, a 32 MB download, is able to be hosted there with no link to a third-party site with lots of advertisements.

Wonder what I did wrong... I want to play without Russia, Chines and Australia, so I changed this Civs in CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml to

<bPlayable>0</bPlayable>
<bAIPlayable>0</bAIPlayable>

But they still show up when starting an AofD Game. I wonder whythis is; any solution?

Wonder what I did wrong... I want to play without Russia, Chines and Australia, so I changed this Civs in CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml to

<bPlayable>0</bPlayable>
<bAIPlayable>0</bAIPlayable>

But they still show up when starting an AofD Game. I wonder whythis is; any solution?

Hi henryMCVII,

Yes the solution is simple.

Because xml files in a module folders have priority over any other, you need to make these changes in the "AoFDMod_CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml" file of the "Mods\AgeOfDiscoveryII\Assets\Modules\AoFDMod" folder.

Aymerick

I just downloaded and played this amazing MODMOD -
a big applause to Aymerick, Deliverator & all the others for merging those amazing mods together! :clap:

My question may be apart from AoD2/AoFD, but I just stumbled on it by starting a "custom game" with this MODMOD on:
I asked myself what happens, when I start a game marking none of the victory conditions?

- will the game automatically be over after 300 turns (standard) and the player with highest score wins?
- will the game run endlessly in kind of "sandbox mode"?

I just tried out and started a game. I played few turns and all I can say, that the victory screen is empty (naturally...) and producing liberty bells does not have any effect (there is no independence rate...). So, before I click a 300 times just to see what happens - does anybody already knows it? :crazyeye:

Top Bottom