Hotseat troubles ...

Arralen

Chieftain
I'm running the latest versions of Col and AoDII .. in my recent hotseat game (attempts), I ran into some serious problems:

- meeting europeans gives diplo screen and "com channel" to the other player (2nd instead of the 1st)

- putting someone into school results in message window for 2nd instead of the 1st player, too.

- buying the last 20 tools for a town hall (for a meagre 125 gold!) by the 2nd player resulted in millions of food, silver, furs, tobacco, ore etc. in that town. Giving the player instant economic victory - but no town hall, as tools where'nt provided :rolleyes:

Yeah, I had a hotseat game last night, and I too can confirm that education is broken.

I hope Dale will fix this as this mod is the best mod I have ever played. It really is what the game should have been on release.

Keep up the GREAT work, Dale!

Hi,

I just bought Colonization and found this wonderful mod. I don't know if it's still actively supported by author but I have a question - is there a way to fix education in hotseat ? I have some knowledge of XML and python (dll modification is beyond me now) so I can modify some things myself. And while I like new way education works, I'm not against reverting things to way it works in base colonization (as it seems to work).

Dale does not support this mod any more, so he's not going to fix this.

Actually, I don't know if it's in the DLL or in Python, but if you know Python, it should be easy for you to check (my guess that the new education system is scripted..) - at least easier than for me, as I don't have a clue about that language.

Top Bottom