Dawn of Civilization - an RFC modmod by Leoreth

Status
Not open for further replies.
It says in the civpedia that you need 1000 gold from the slave trade for the Congolese to win but in the victory screen it says 1500. Also, Russia's victory to build to Trans-Siberian railroad didn't trigger after I did it.

I downloaded the files and placed them in the right folder, but when I tried to load the mod from the "Advanced" menu, nothing happened.

As in, I pressed OK, the game closed...but the mod didn't load. I stared at my computer for a while, and finally gave up and started BtS again, Advanced, RFC Dawn of Civilization, OK, the screen closed, and...nothing.

Any clue?

1. You sure the name is exactly right?

2. Have you tried loading from double clicking on the map save?

The name is correct.

I tried the map save but it asked me which application to open it with, and I navigated to BeyondtheSword.exe (or something), and selected it. Then the game opened like always, giving me the standard main menu. From there I could try to load a mod, but RFC DoC was not interested in loading.

Is there any way to prevent the victory music from playing forever after I win? Any file I can edit or get rid of or whatever? I really do prefer, y'know, variety. It's gotten to the point where I just turn the audio off and play from my iTunes if I want to continue playing after victory.

It says in the civpedia that you need 1000 gold from the slave trade for the Congolese to win but in the victory screen it says 1500.

Which gamespeed did you play? (looking at the numbers you said I guess it's epic)
IIRC, the amount of gold needed for the UHV varies between the gamespeeds. (This is also the case for other UHV in which you need to get a certain amount of gold, culture etc.)
The amount shown in the civilopedia is the amount in the Normal gamespeed.

Which gamespeed did you play? (looking at the numbers you said I guess it's epic)
IIRC, the amount of gold needed for the UHV varies between the gamespeeds. (This is also the case for other UHV in which you need to get a certain amount of gold, culture etc.)
The amount shown in the civilopedia is the amount in the Normal gamespeed.

Okay, I was just confused and didn't know which was the right amount. I failed the goal nonetheless and hopped over to the US.

A while back, I was playing a game as Rome, and when the Byzantines never spawned, Orthodoxy ended up getting founded in Persia when I built the AP. In another instance, I was playing a "what if" campaign as the Moors. After conquering Iberia, the Maghreb, and West Africa, I conquered the Italian peninsula. My plan was to switch to the Italians when they spawned, but play them as an Islamic civ. Unfortunately, they never spawned!

In both instances, my stability was very high at the spawn dates for these civs, and my understanding is that in most cases, a civilization won't spawn within your borders if your stability is high enough. I want to modify the game so that every civ will always spawn. How would I go about doing this?

A while back, I was playing a game as Rome, and when the Byzantines never spawned, Orthodoxy ended up getting founded in Persia when I built the AP. In another instance, I was playing a "what if" campaign as the Moors. After conquering Iberia, the Maghreb, and West Africa, I conquered the Italian peninsula. My plan was to switch to the Italians when they spawned, but play them as an Islamic civ. Unfortunately, they never spawned!

In both instances, my stability was very high at the spawn dates for these civs, and my understanding is that in most cases, a civilization won't spawn within your borders if your stability is high enough. I want to modify the game so that every civ will always spawn. How would I go about doing this?

Delete/comment out the following part of the initBirth method in RiseAndFall.py:
Code:
if utils.getHumanID() != iCiv and iCiv == iItaly:
if pRome.isAlive():
return

cityList = utils.getCoreCityList(iRome, 0)

iIndependentCities = 0

for pCity in cityList:
if not pCity.getOwner() < con.iNumPlayers:
iIndependentCities += 1

if iIndependentCities == 0:
return

Supposing I want to make a UP like Mali's, and it would give +1 food and +1 commerce on floodplains. Where would I do that? BTW does anyone know where you can add and set soundtrack eras (i.e. different music for Europe, Asia, Mid East, etc.)?

Supposing I want to make a UP like Mali's, and it would give +1 food and +1 commerce on floodplains. Where would I do that? BTW does anyone know where you can add and set soundtrack eras (i.e. different music for Europe, Asia, Mid East, etc.)?
Both only work with DLL edits. The first would probably go into CvPlot::calculatePlotYield() or something like that, simply search CvPlot.cpp for "Mali UP".

You can add new soundtrack eras in CIV4EraInfos.xml, but to actually play them, you need to edit the CvPlayer::getSoundtrackEra() method.

@Leoreth, just wondering if there is any advice you can give us on correcting the game crash Russia/U.S. problems?

I try to load 1.10 from GameFront and I got this error message:

No web page was found for the web address: http://media1.gamefront.com/gupload...8c64550467b5f177d64e7b819aa78ee31e1f1e9ab82a0
Error 6 (net::ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND): The file or directory could not be found.

I have the same problem, I can not download new version :[ is there any alternative download?

Ps.

I found it:

RFC Dawn of Civilization v1.10.7z - http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=100198&uk=2500497290
RFC Dawn of Civilization v1.10.rar - http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=89560&uk=789026271

I have two questions:

Which file has difficult settings.
I want to have epic game as a Rome. How can I disable Byzantine spawn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom