New buttons for buildings

@Sparth good work on the new buttons.

The Jade Carver, Jade Importer/Merchant and Lianzhu and Olmec jade carvers all use the same button as the Jade Mine which now does not look right. The art def for them is in Modules/Sargon/Wonders/Jade_Mask.

The Jade Carver, Jade Importer/Merchant and Lianzhu and Olmec jade carvers all use the same button as the Jade Mine which now does not look right. The art def for them is in Modules/Sargon/Wonders/Jade_Mask.

Ill look at them. If I remember correctly I made them. Maybe I dont update XML :)

Not a huge fan of the new "half and half designs"- for example all the Smiths having half of the button as a generic forge or all the manufacturing buildings having a chimney taking up half the button. Just IMHO

Not a huge fan of the new "half and half designs"- for example all the Smiths having half of the button as a generic forge or all the manufacturing buildings having a chimney taking up half the button. Just IMHO

If you like old design you can delete Assets/art/craft/art directory and voila - old icons are back :)

I am finding it difficult to figure out the animal farm buildings. I think the animal is just a bit small for my old eyes ;)

@Sparth

I love your half and half designs. Can you make new icons for the following using that design?

1. Military Standards - Animal \ Existing Icon

2. Seafood Buildings - Sea Animal \ Fishing Boat

3. Animal Herds - Animal \ Some sort of new icon representing herds.

4. Huts - Resource \ Goodie Hut Icon

5. Breeding Program - Animal \ DNA Double Helix

6. Labs - Science Icon \ Laboratory Icon

7. Megatower stuff - Type Of Mega Tower \ Megatower Icon

8. Stories - Animal \ Book Icon

9. Dig Sites - Fossils \ Dig Site icon

Many thanks in advance!

At first I was against this half/half design since it removes a lot of the diversity. On the other hand, it makes things easier to recognize and I really enjoy the new structure for unit buttons you made some time ago.

Are you going to change all building buttons in a similar way as well? Like having one generic temple with the religion symbol in a corner?

Are you going to change all building buttons in a similar way as well? Like having one generic temple with the religion symbol in a corner?

Heavens above why would you even talk about such a thing???! Please don't even think about it.

Gah! all that work to make them different:mischief:.

I know... as I said, I kinda don't like this idea as well. I'm tempted to ask if it was possible to set up "alternative building buttons" as a game option, but I think this is alot of work for Sparth and also quite a bit of memory to use...

Small re-done temple buttons in on my radar. Its rather small change, not revolution like for resource buildings. Anyway when im end with buttons then Ill send to archive old buttons and post them in modmod section with easy to install zip file.

Top Bottom