Caveman 2 Cosmos (ideas/discussions thread)

RI traditions are great and if we can get them (and even better ones) then hell yeah! :)

so can my crashes just be due to ram?? ive had people try my save games and they can play but as soon as i push enter for next turn the game just shuts down no error report..

ive put so much time im really bummed out i cant continue my game..

i tried on windows 7 and 8.1

the game is way less stable on 8.1

i run it in window mode

my video card maybe?? GTX 660TI cpu i7 3930k 8gb ram

so can my crashes just be due to ram?? ive had people try my save games and they can play but as soon as i push enter for next turn the game just shuts down no error report..

ive put so much time im really bummed out i cant continue my game..

i tried on windows 7 and 8.1

the game is way less stable on 8.1

i run it in window mode

my video card maybe?? GTX 660TI cpu i7 3930k 8gb ram

No, not likely your machine but something in that version of C2C.

ok ill wait for sparth's post hopefully i can sort this out soon :)

i got steps 1-3 completed with the tortoise svn

I got it to work Yaye! well m recalculating the modifiers atm

i got it working but now all my cities are starving lol... many many changes!! all my cities had power now none of them do wtf...

On and off we have talked about including the

Realism Invictus idea of Doctrines and Traditions. These can only be built by a Great General and provide special promotions to military units In RI they are mostly military but why should we stop there.;)

Doctrines are World Wonders and Traditions are National Wonders. Doctrines open a line or set of promotions while Traditions just provide one.

Here are a set for discussion:-

Civilian Tradition - Aesthetic Ethic
Great Artist
All new workers get the promotion Aesthetic Ethic -10% work speed
All cities more likely to produce a Great Artist
Requires Tech Aesthetics

Having played RI, I agree the Doctrines and Traditions aspects are great. :goodjob:

But of your suggestions seems to be a negative bonus. "-10% work speed
All cities more likely to produce a Great Artist".

I would never choose this. to many wonders give GA points -so why cripple worker productivity.

It needs a positive effect as well - maybe + x% culture points.

Having played RI, I agree the Doctrines and Traditions aspects are great. :goodjob:

But of your suggestions seems to be a negative bonus. "-10% work speed
All cities more likely to produce a Great Artist".

I would never choose this. to many wonders give GA points -so why cripple worker productivity.

It needs a positive effect as well - maybe + x% culture points.

We can do much since each Doctrine/Tradition includes the wonder building, an effect building and a promotion. The effect building is what provides the promotion to the units but it can do anything else that a building does also.

Having extra culture points may work for other people but my cities have great culture:mischief:.

Those doctrines & traditions from RI will be a great addition 2 C2C.

PS: IMO "Aesthetic Appreciation" is a better name than "Aesthetic Ethic".

Sounds like a good name.

edit changes made in the post.

edit2 We already have a thread on doctrines/traditions so I will move it there.

Yes they have music there, but the NOT real "Russian" theme just sounds weird:crazyeye:

Music is by leader and era. If you mean Stalin's later era music, which is /Assets/Sounds/Diplomacy/Asia_Late.mp3, I agree it is absolutely shocking and should not be in the game (or anywhere else for that matter:lol:). Hirohito also has it, and probably Wu.

As for what to replace it with, Peter and Catherine have their own 'late'-era music - either of those is likely to be fine. For Hirohito I replace it with Tokugawa's. Don't know about Wu or anyone else.

Elsewhere it has been suggested that we rationalize our Modules folder to something like
Modules
Optional
Alternate_Timelines
Custom_Civilizations
Custom_Leaders
Custom_Religions
Natural_Wonders
Other_Downloaded_ModMods (May only work for some mod mods.)​
Not_Optional
individual modder folders
individual project folders​
.​

This will not be straight forward as we will need to merge much of what we have first.

It will also cause problems for Steam players as path/file names etc get too long.

Does this sound like a worthwhile planed outcome?​

Top Bottom