Spawn system

@AIAndy would it be possible to get all the tags to do with dependancies on other things in here. E.G. I want to turn off giraffes if the att-timelines giraffes are not in the game.
It is probably enough to add them to the schema as they are processed by the base info class.

EDIT: I have added them (untested).

I have experimented with the east-west spawning restrictions for animals. It is mostly OK. Except if your continent ends up where Central-South America are and there is no land link to the Arctic Circle. There is just to small a variety of animals.

If you are lucky enough to have some animal resources then it isn't so bad, but I did not even get a Llama resource:p

Would it be possible to add improvements to the spawn sites. It would be the same as bonuses or terrains. I want to add in Lairs:evil: it is the only way I can figure of making the Ancient Forests more mysterious.:D

Would it be possible to add improvements to the spawn sites. It would be the same as bonuses or terrains. I want to add in Lairs:evil: it is the only way I can figure of making the Ancient Forests more mysterious.:D

Sounds epic! Even like neanderthal caves would be cool too :cool:

You could make spawn sites secondary features with no graphics potentially and then make Improvements that use those features as dependencies.

You could make spawn sites secondary features with no graphics potentially and then make Improvements that use those features as dependencies.

I was going to use something similar but then I would have to destroy the feature when the improvement is destroyed.

You can now use a SpawnCondition on the spawn infos for that kind of things. It is evaluated on the plot and the plot is only considered valid if the rest of the spawn info definitions fit as well (but you can now leave out bonus, terrain and feature definitions which previously would have been considered invalid).

EDIT: Of course the SpawnCondition can also be used to evaluate other stuff like properties on the plot and similar (so you could have a bandit spawn from high crime forest plots).

EDIT: Of course the SpawnCondition can also be used to evaluate other stuff like properties on the plot and similar (so you could have a bandit spawn from high crime forest plots).

How? I thought it would only do spawns in the wilderness.

@AIAndy There are a couple of Natural Wonder features which should be massive spawn sites. Shark Bay for seas and Ngorongoro Crater for land. I tried giving each animal a secondary spawn for the appropriate feature but it seems to only be spawning the first defined, ie brown bears. Is there a better way of doing this?

Top Bottom