Barbarian Musketeers (Next War Mod)

lindsay40k

Emperor
This is extraordinary. I'm Toku on Earth 18 Civs and using the included mod. I colonised most of Australia. This happened.

Spoiler :

There's no mention of d'Artagnan in the recent events log. I know it's a mod, but still, it really surprised me!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-06-19 at 19.27.22.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-06-19 at 19.27.22.jpg
    472.2 KB · Views: 206
It does happen occasionally in mods. In ROM AND2 I've actually ran into barb privateers and muskets. Couple other mods, I've been thoroughly surprised by rifles and cuissars. It happens more frequently when I play giant map and a variety of barb conditions.

I know a lot of peeps hate barbs, but I actually like them for the surprise factor. Not to mention it keeps me from getting complacent about not fully exploring.

Apparently your barb musketeers are in disguise, is Louie nearby :mischief:.

I had to check this one!

You are the witness of the event 'The Buccaneers', an event created for Next War, not available in BtS!

It spawns barbarians 'UNIT_FRENCH_MUSKETEER' according to your map size, despite the fact that barbarians are, just like in BtS, prevented in the XML to have Musketmen of any kind!

This was the same MOD where if enough nukes were to detonate the earth crushed "like an egg" and everybody loses.. hahaha!!
Wierd mod that cost me a MP game against my buddy for not knowing units cost doble the upkeep.

Top Bottom