Votes: 2,357 39.0%
  • The Nineties (1990-99)

Votes: 1,273 21.1%
  • The 2000s (2000-2009)

Votes: 68 1.1%
  • The 2010s (2010-2019)

Votes: 3 0.0%

• Total voters
Please vote now!! We need to get to 6000 votes by the Fourth of July.

With a bump this thread comes to the top,
Add your votes, now, non stop!

:bump: It's an election year, vote!

Pretty good bell curve going on in these results - though it seems the average civ player was 6 when the original game came out, which is quite interesting

Kinda interesting how there's more players from the 70s than from the 90s. True CivFanatics that have stayed with Civ since the 1st game, probably. I'm from '91 myself though and didn't discover Civ until a couple of years ago, sadly.

Kinda interesting how there's more players from the 70s than from the 90s. True CivFanatics that have stayed with Civ since the 1st game, probably. I'm from '91 myself though and didn't discover Civ until a couple of years ago, sadly.
As person from 70th I'd say we're just children of the golden age of strategic games.

Surprised to see very little people born on 2000-2009!. :eek:
Btw 15 yo here

I wouldn't be surprised if your generation used message boards a lot less, having essentially grown up with other social media available. You might well be the welcome exception :). Also a lot of that decade are probably a little young for message boards (half of them being 10 or under).

There are many people born in the 2000s who are Civ fans. However, they are significantly underrepresented for legal reasons.

If you look at various parents guides (both religious and secular) for video games, Civilization games are ranked highly among computer games.

It helps that the game has the Civlopedia, which allows the game to be educational without it screaming "Edutainment" (given that there's a disclaimer at the start of the gameplay session stating that the events depicted in-game are fictional). Civilization games are among the few "edutainment" games popular with all ages. "Edutainment" is in quotes, because there are some stuff that are clearly fictional, such as religious units shooting lightning bolts at each other, though to be fair, it is extremely difficult to depict heated verbal exchanges visually.

Also, it would be cool to see similar poll on Reddit :)

I am from the 80s, but I kinda got my hands on computers kinda late, so Civ 5 was the first Civ I ever played

It's a good sign that the Civ games keep a loyal following.

Also, don't forget - this thread is on for 12 years. So some people who originally voted may not be with civ anymore.

I wonder if anyone clicked "the thirties" thinking it meant THEY were in their thirties. I'd be surprised at that many senior citizens playing Civ!

Top Bottom